Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
2003 240SX National Convention dates

August 1-3, 2003, in Atlanta, GA. Spead the word. Webpage to follow soon.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2003, 07:49 PM   #2
Steeles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
BMFRG!! didnt know you were on here! well never mind I was gonna post about this but I'll just bump it up instead
Old 01-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm in, provided Brandon and I don't kill each other after he keeps calling my car purple...

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #4
wazneeni

wazneeni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to wazneeni
Quote:
Originally posted by Steeles
BMFRG!! didnt know you were on here!
I was just about to say the same thing.
wazneeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 07:34 AM   #5
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by wazneeni
I was just about to say the same thing.
awwwww chit Waz is here too!. dont worry Phil, Russ drives a purple car too. yeah we takin ovar! its a party up on here now
Old 01-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #6
wazneeni

I've been a member forever. I just never come in here. Irena called me the other night and asked me to check out the tread about a meet at MAM.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
Steeles
Post Whore!

ahhh cool beans bro. so you and the fish are gonna be in town for the convetion huh? man this should be a riot!
Old 01-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
wazneeni

Yeah, man...I can't wait!! For the last few weeks, my mom has been bugging me for the convention dates (she had to know if she needed to train someone at work to do her job while she's gone). I told her I'd let her know when I found out.

My brother is going, too. It's gonna be the first time the whole family has been back to Atlanta together in about 16 years. I was there last year, my brother was there about 2 years ago. my mom made a trip a couple years ago, too. My dad's the only one who hasn't been back there recently.

Anyway, those 3 will be doin' their own thing while I'm at the convention events. However, like I said, I'd like to get "The Fish" somewhere so y'all can meet him. Tony seemed to think he was alright (met during USGP), so I figure the rest of y'all will like him, too.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:28 AM   #9
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
anybody from CA gonna travel there? be pretty damn crazy travelling across the nation, one side to another! haha

Last edited by SilviaDriver; 01-11-2003 at 02:32 AM..
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #10
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
anybody from CA gonna travel there? be pretty damn crazy travelling across the nation, one side to another! haha
some of the guys on FA are doing it TY is driving from Arizona he said. theres talks of cruises from everywhere. I might try and meet up with the NC and VA folks going down unless I can come down early and help BMFRG set anything and everything up.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #11
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Quote:
some of the guys on FA are doing it TY is driving from Arizona he said. theres talks of cruises from everywhere. I might try and meet up with the NC and VA folks going down unless I can come down early and help BMFRG set anything and everything up.
man, from CA to GA!? that is hella insane, driving across the nation!, id be hella scared. my water pump just broke down yesterday and had it replaced. wayy too far for me, damn i should of gone to the one last yr down in LA
Old 01-11-2003, 04:30 PM   #12
wazneeni

If you just had your waterpump replaced, what the hell are you worried about? Are you worried that, because your water pump went out, other stuff is about to go out, too?
Old 01-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #13
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

im not worried about anything on my car. im worried wat if i go and pour gas and they all ditch me!! hahaha. i mean if i do go i would be driving across the USA from one end to another, and that is very damn far. and hey you never know something could go wrong right? pop a tire etc etc...something goes wrong and needs to be changed and your wayyyy out of nowhere..just like how my water pump failed on me out of no where. and left me stranded on the freeway about 50 miles away from home in the rain

just imaging if something goes wrong HALF way there, and you dont have the supplies to fix it and i doubt the whole caravan will stop just for you.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:33 PM   #14
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
im not worried about anything on my car. im worried wat if i go and pour gas and they all ditch me!! hahaha. i mean if i do go i would be driving across the USA from one end to another, and that is very damn far. and hey you never know something could go wrong right? pop a tire etc etc...something goes wrong and needs to be changed and your wayyyy out of nowhere..just like how my water pump failed on me out of no where. and left me stranded on the freeway about 50 miles away from home in the rain

just imaging if something goes wrong HALF way there, and you dont have the supplies to fix it and i doubt the whole caravan will stop just for you.
Im sure if you needed help amongst a caravan of other 240s they would be more than willing to stop and help you. thats kinda the point of a carvan to a group of enthusiests. but there were several people that drove from the east coast last year. but i understand about hesitating to drive it.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:56 AM   #15
wazneeni

Steeles is right. That's the EXACT reason for driving in a caravan. And if you've ever been to ANY 240 meet, you know that you're w/ some of the coolest guys you'll ever meet. Forexample...2001 in K.C. I'm a dumb-ass and decap a tire while drifting in the rain. What happened when I finally got my crippled-car-ass back to the hotel? T.Y. and everyone else swarmed my car to find out what happened and see what they could do to help. T.Y. practically changed my tire for me.

If your with a bunch of other 240 guys, don't EVER think you're gonna be left out in the rain. You WON'T!! Some advice...if you don't already have one, invest 10-15 bucks a get a radio. You know, the handheld Motorola things. Get one w/ the 38 subchannels. You'll need it.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #16
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

hey Steeles and wazneeni, thats for the comfort, ill look into seeing if i can make the trip. oh yea dont forget gotta save up too!!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:03 PM   #17
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I am sure if something goes wrong someone will be prepared in the caravan. Someone will have a toolbox, and most of you will have spares, hopefully you 5 luggers have your own (thats what you get for swapping j/k ).

Also most people have phones these days, and if you setup a caravan, where you pick up more people on the way, it will be easier for someone who is familiar with the area, to go to a local place pick up some parts and get back to you. PLus there is always someone with a trailer.

So the main thing you should be worried about is if you are up for the drive, and if you have the money (gas, hotel, track, food, etc...)

Depending on when that meet in Iowa (or wherever it will be), most likely it won't get in the way of the ATL convention, so I will prolly end up going, hopefully someone from the midwest will want to go with me.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:31 PM   #18
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Guys, there will be caravans coming from almost every part of the nation. You should no problems finding a local one to join in with. Stay tuned here and in other forums for more details and caravan starter information.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:54 AM   #19
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
hey Steeles and wazneeni, thats for the comfort, ill look into seeing if i can make the trip. oh yea dont forget gotta save up too!!
yeah Moneys good the steeles murph and eyescream after hours tour is gonna be to die for
Old 01-14-2003, 07:46 AM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I'm in and if anyone calls my car purple, they catcha swift kick to the balls

And I write too!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:32 AM   #21
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by PHLIP
I'm in and if anyone calls my car purple, they catcha swift kick to the balls
dont worry Phil, R240na's car is purple too. we can park ya'll side by side and I know I'll see BOTH of ya'll in Knoxville next weekend right? good.

Hey waz you bringing the Fish on Me Murph and Screams after hours tour?
Old 01-14-2003, 08:41 AM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

<----- Isn't going to knoxville, that is superbowl weekend, and I have to pay my insurance that week...

And I write too!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:09 AM   #23
Steeles
Post Whore!

you whiney lil..... fine your missing out though. insurance... hmm I havent seen my bill yet. and it should be about that time. need to call my agent I guess.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:18 PM   #24
wazneeni

Quote:
Hey waz you bringing the Fish on Me Murph and Screams after hours tour?
Hell, he'll probably want to go more than I will.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #25
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow, a national convention. I thought it would be in Cali or something. I'm going to seriosuly consider going to this. Anyone from OH, IN, IL, KY want to caravan? I know it's a long time away, but I think it would pretty awesome.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:44 PM   #26
wazneeni

It WAS in Cali...LAST year. It was in KC the year before that.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:49 PM   #27
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally posted by thelinja
Wow, a national convention. I thought it would be in Cali or something. I'm going to seriosuly consider going to this. Anyone from OH, IN, IL, KY want to caravan? I know it's a long time away, but I think it would pretty awesome.
im from IL and would be up for it.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:52 PM   #28
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by wazneeni
Hell, he'll probably want to go more than I will.
sweet! this outta be fun I dunno which to look forward to more.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:43 PM   #29
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I am DEFINATELY there..
Old 01-15-2003, 06:56 AM   #30
Steeles
Post Whore!

Here's an update. Saturday's track event will be a 2.5 mile sprint through the infield, then up the back side of the banked oval, with a nice chicane in the middle. Sunday, autocross, set up for a *little* drifting, but AMS officials are frowning on anything outright crazy at this point. Working on a mobile dyno for use also. Keep checking in for more.

-from BMFRG