Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #151
ECR33S14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ECR33S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ECR33S14
Any one got SAFC II maf settings for a series II RB25? ive searched and am unable to find them. i just need the proper in and out settings. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #152
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
which way is easier to mount the engine rb25? from the bottom or from the top?
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #153
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63
Yes you can.
wonderin if theres any clearance issue with it? since i heard koyos were thick to make an e fans to fit or you gotta make it fit to clear the crank pulley
Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #154
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser
which way is easier to mount the engine rb25? from the bottom or from the top?
I don't understand what you're asking. . .
Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #155
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
you can not mount the engine in from the bottom, well you could by removing the whole front cross member but it wouldnt be fun.

Go in from the top with the transmission attached to it, its best to get as much of hardware onto the motor before dropping it in as its a little tight to work on once its in.

If you dont use the AC you can move the radiator about 80mm forward which gives you enough room for the fans on the back of a 40mm thick radiator pluss about 30-40mm clearance to the cank pully in an S14.
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:14 AM   #156
eh?
Zilvia Member

eh? is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a hell of a lot easier putting it in from the bottom. I've done the bottom mount about 5 times and top mount once. I will never drop it from the top again. Plus you don't need a hoist.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:12 AM   #157
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
from the bottom for sure.. to take the cross memeber apart is a joke.. gives you an opportunity to change any bushings you want at the time, rack and pinion bushing, you'll probably be doing PS lines so its all there for you.. connect the engine harness while motor is on the floor.. get the car up and just lower it on the motor with cross member already bolted on to it via motor mounts.. tighten the bolts and you're done! its cake!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #158
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Humm, i guess it taking me 10 minutes to drop it in solo with a fold up cherry picker always seemed to be easier...
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #159
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can't think of a better way...

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #160
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

i know for the fact that rb20 is lighter than the rb25....anyone knows how much does the rb20 than the rb25? would it affect the balance of s13 with an rb20 or rb25?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #161
R33GTS-T
Zilvia Junkie

R33GTS-T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR33S14
Any one got SAFC II maf settings for a series II RB25? ive searched and am unable to find them. i just need the proper in and out settings. thanks.
you might want to work on those searching skills

http://www.datsuns.com/red/accessories/S-AFC2Final.pdf

took all of 3 seconds lol

- Daniel
Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #162
ECR33S14
Leaky Injector

ECR33S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ECR33S14
yeah i found that place but for some reason my computer wont pull anything else up but their home page even the link you sent me doesnt work.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #163
Indolent
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Indolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Indolent
rb26 swap
boost solenoid required? no right? seems like it's wired up to the chassis harness
Indolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #164
Remil19

Remil19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone can post RB25DET NEO ECU Pintout

The are in year 99 and after
Remil19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #165
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her selfridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ridesnowx4
ive got R33 Series 2 RB25 ecu pinouts if theyre the same, cant seem to find the NEO pinouts, let me know if you need the Series 2 ones
Old 04-27-2007, 02:39 AM   #166
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indolent View Post
rb26 swap
boost solenoid required? no right? seems like it's wired up to the chassis harness
no its not required.. but it came with it just keep it and take the restrictor out of the vacuum line.. you'll be at 12psi.. but it will work without it as well.. if you want more boost you'll have to hook up a boost controller to the last bung on the intake mani in the rear... thats it..
Old 04-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #167
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
Hello guys,

i do need pictures of an RB25DET powered S13 with the original crossmember. I do need to know how far the RB25DET engine mounts are away from the original S13 crossmember. I hope someone of you can help me.

Greets

BH
Behind Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 AM   #168
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remil19 View Post
Anyone can post RB25DET NEO ECU Pintout

The are in year 99 and after
I have the factory FSM wiring schematics for the NEO. get a hold of me. I will be back in town next thurs.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #169
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
just some fun facts:

flywheel MT bolt part number that you can pick up at local nissan dealership:
12315-42L11

also the flywheel is resurfaced by any local shop, just tell them that it should be done the same as a 300ZX NA (Z32 = 1991+)

and lastley the clutch and pressure plate is the same as a Z32 NA 300ZX

pretty common knowledge if you search, but now it is here too.

and another side note, if you have a lift and are taking off the cross member anyways, it may be good to go from the bottom up, but if you are like me and work in your garage, it is easy as shit to put in with a hoist. i had plenty of room dropping it in from the top.

jsut remember to take off the igniter chip, the brake vac line on the firewall, and have the car supported on fully extended jack stands. it is money.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #170
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
It was said that every KA24DE Koyo will work fine with the RB25DET, what is with the S14 SR20DET Koyo ?

Which Koyo is the best to buy for the S13 and RB25DET ?

S14 SR20DET looks like this:

The KA24DE Koyos have the inlets on the right side.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #171
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
The reason KA radiators(not jut koyo) work with the RB is because the inlet and outlets match up on both motors.

SR's have it on the opposite side on the top

Any radiator and i do mean ANY radiator will work with ANY motor, all you have to do is connect the inlet and outlet to the respected locations somehow. Clear enough?
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #172
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
The reason KA radiators(not jut koyo) work with the RB is because the inlet and outlets match up on both motors.

SR's have it on the opposite side on the top

Any radiator and i do mean ANY radiator will work with ANY motor, all you have to do is connect the inlet and outlet to the respected locations somehow. Clear enough?
I do actually have a V-Mount setup on my CA18DET, trust me i have knowledge regarding watercoolers and piping. But i do not have Knowledge regarding the RB25DET atm...
Old 05-05-2007, 07:36 AM   #173
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Will this one work in a S13 with RB25det ? Or will the pipe hit the oil panel ?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #174
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Horizon View Post
Will this one work in a S13 with RB25det ? Or will the pipe hit the oil panel ?

I asked driftfreak and he said it will work without any clearance issues. I'm going to be running the same set-up s13 w/rb25 and nismo PB. Hope this helps...Thanx driftfreak
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #175
victorw210
Zilvia Member

victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
how much have u guys spent on just the rb25 or rb26 swap total
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #176
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

to do it right, lots and lots..
Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #177
250sx

250sx is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody know the torque specs to the bottom end on the rb25det like rods and mains i got my crank collared and know i need to put it back together
250sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #178
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
What is the best intake manifold to use on a rb26?

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #179
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl'S13 View Post
What is the best intake manifold to use on a rb26?
yo! tks for the carfax again, i may have couple more to run by beg of Aug, i'll let you know.. as for the manifold, stock RB26 will do just fine.. depends really on what your goals are for the motor..to run this motor in a 240 chassis, you will need filters, dp, exhaust.. if the motor is out my suggestion is replace all maintenance items first.. water pump, oil pump, tbelt, get new plugs.. (7's as i'm sure you will up the boost) get a set of injectors, some n1's turbo's, and PFC, you'll be easily in some good 400's.. it will be reliable w/good power and in my opinion more then enough power.. if you have more $$ to fork out, look into new garret 2805's (i think), bolt right on and that should get you close to 500. Hope this helps..
Old 07-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #180
scarecrow27
Leaky Injector

scarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymore
the rb25 does not require firewall mod but the 26 does to fit the starter of the 26 u need to dent the firewall a bit not much though
scarecrow27 is offline   Reply With Quote