Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
nickdestcroix

Trader Rating: (0)
nickdestcroix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s15 dash in 180sx

So I'm not exactly a very Active member on Zilvia i kinda lurk around every once in a while
But Anyways I'm on son240sx.org all the time

So i've been working on a s15 dash swap for the last little bit and i'm just working out the bugs now having some issues with electrical switches and crap will explain my issues at the bottom of thread

So i started off buying basically the entire S15 Dash in Toronto , all that was missing was the center console 2 vents and the center Bezel, After a Big help from a Forum Member on Son240sx db8 he helped me find the parts i was missing as he's currently in Hong Kong

So heres the Progression Photos in order

So As you can see It literally Just Clears the Stock s13 door panels But it does Clear i will assure you that its not touching or anything as long as you mount the dash very flush it will Clear the doors, At the moment I just have the Stock s13 panels later on i might try and find a set of s15 panels and Throw them in aswell

The Dash itself needed A lot of trimming and work on the underside to fit in properly, the top mounting points underneath the defog vents line up so its mounted where the s13 dash mounts but it needed lots of trimming to fit.

Currently the defog vents are lined up with the stock s13 venting and I'm working on custom venting for the front vents, i have all the stock pieces from both s13 and s15 dash so I'm cutting and making custom pieces to make it all work

So I've extended the Wiring for the hazard Flashers Switch had to do a lot of custom work to that switch, I basically took the s15 button cover and cut up the face of the s13 button and fit the s15 cover over top and remounted it in place, so i didn't have to source out a end connection the rear defog is the exact same connection and I've extended the wiring on that as well, I'm not a smoker so I've remounted my mirror controls currently in the ashtray, i may remount those somewhere else later

I've successfully Connected my rear hatch Glass Sprayer to a push a smaller Push button and the Hatch windshield Wiper to a Rocker Switch

HELP/ Advice Section
My Current Electrical issues Fuse 8 keeps blowing i believe that's for my 4 way/signal lights, I think my signal relay might be dead as well ... i can't get any of it to work right now :/

I'm also having difficulty figuring out the wiring for headlight switch to flip them up and down, i want to just wire it up to a rocker switch

Most Recent Picture

Thanks For Everyone who's taking the time to read through my issues with the conversion thus far any help or suggestion will be greatly Appreciated

Any help or ideas just leave comments or if you'd like to get in direct contact with me about anything specific with the Convertion or if you have any Suggestions You can Email me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Nick
nickdestcroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links