Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
garrettanda

Trader Rating: (0)
garrettanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr20det black top coolant sensor...

First off i would like to say hi to all you guys since this is my first post. I've searched around on this forum (and other pages) and i seem to not be able to find where the coolant sensor is located to save my life......

The problem....
Car is running rich it seems and when its about to hit boost it does the jerky thing back and forth that we all know and hate. Feels like boost creep. Anyways i picked up a sentra se-r coolant sensor just need to find the damn thing and replace it....

As for the problem may being boost creep it appears that whoever did the swap or did the "mods" did a very awesome job of welding a different down pipe to the stock one... sweet right? but i picked it up for cheap so i don't really care haha

Is it the black or red one? i got this sensor it may not be possibly the right one...... any help appreciated thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3409.jpg (406.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3412.jpg (220.5 KB, 15 views)
garrettanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
find the lower radiator hose, follow that to the thermostat housing, look above that and you should see the ects(2 wire) and the thermistor for the cluster(single wire)
the reason for a specific make and model is for plug and play.
The jerky feeling is probably a boost leak, or faulty mafs, the both can show rich conditions as well. but the coolant temp sensor has a rhythmic idle along with a rich condition at idle. Do more diagnostics,

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
The 2 prong sensor in your hand is the ECU water temp sensor...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
frankies1390
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
frankies1390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
stand at your bumper follow cold pipe into the throttle body. look directly to the right its right there red plug and factory ECU coolant temp sensor is red if factory at least on mine ive seen yellow too
frankies1390 is offline   Reply With Quote