Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
xka24detx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
xka24detx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Lock Problem.. help...

Okay when i bought my 91 240 it came with 2 keys, one metal one and one that has the rubber thing on the handle. For some reason the metal key only works on the glove box, and the rubber key only works on the ignition. None of the keys work on the doors or the hatch. Its supposedly a base model, has manual windows, but it has power locks? wtf? the only way to unlock and lock the doors is using the alarm remote or moving each lock by hand. The car also locks it self when you start it and unlocks when you remove the key. I was thinking of going to Nissan and having them make the key from the VIN... but im thinking that the last owner might have put aftermarket key locks and aftermarket actuators to make them power because i have seen them on JCWhitney, etc. So i was thinking instead of paying Nissan $25 to make me a key that might not even work... is there a way i can just buy new locks for the doors, hatch, and ignition? If so does anybody know where? Ive tried googling but cant find anything.. Thanks.
xka24detx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links