Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-06-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
help on brake

my rear brake has squeek noise all the time and it is driving me nuts. It is very loud and it is there all the time (high pitch squeek) It also made my car as a head turner in parking lot, that people were turn around and curse at me.

I took out the brake and checked, the pad and the disc are looks like new. I cannot figure out the problem what is it? I noticed the brake pad didnt have brake shim, is it normal? It is a 90 fastback. I checked my friend's 90 fastback and he didnt have brake shim too, but his brake is quiet.

please help, thanks
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 05:28 AM   #2
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
hahahahaha........curse back, ive got ceramic pads and they squeak a little bit before they get hot, ive never been cursed at though . Put a shim on the pad, see if that helps, or just change pads and turn rotor.

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
ok, so i suppose have brake shim on my brake? only ceremic pad make noises? thanks for the fast response
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
did u put that glue thing to hold the brake pad in place? Or you could just drive it around for a while and hope the noise goes away. And the shim will help if you dont have it.

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote