Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
school me on oil cooler setups.

alright well my SR mysteriously started popping off oil filters, so of course my motor pumped all of its oil out and ran dry and spun a bearing.

so while it is down for the rebuild i want to do a custom oil filter relocation and cooler setup just to ensure i dont have this problem again (along with an oil pressure gauge of course)

i'm kind of hazy as to how the whole setup works. so i have some questions

with a relocation does the flow go: engine -> oil filter -> oil cooler -> engine?

and if that is the case, can i use a greddy relocation kit, and just run custom return lines to route to the cooler and back to the greddy oil block?

i plan on using an earls 16 row cooler and all earls lines and fittings. as far as the oil block and the relocation block, i am unsure.

any help is greatly appreciated, i searched but didnt find much help
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links