Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #91
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
OzzYNMotioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR Update!

okay everyone, I finally have completed my custom oil pan and sump,

yes i know the oil sump is really oddly shaped but of course there is a reason for it,with that said, the reason the oil pan is shaped like this is to make it able to fit around the sway bar and the steering rack.

okay and now for the oil sump, this was very simple to make just had to add a section on to it and bend it about 7 more degrees and fabricate a smaller syphon cup.

also i had some time to set up the throttle cable, what i did was took a stock 240sx throttle cable built a bracket and bolted it to the fire wall. and after that i found some steel breaded lines and made my radiator piping. all in all i think it turned out very well!

thats all i have for you guys right now, im picking up my last piece to build my down pipe tomorrow so i should be able to build the down pipe for the most part, this weekend ill be starting on the wiring. So stay tuned ill be updating very soon! ENJOY!
OzzYNMotioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #92
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
interesting thread! vid soon please
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #93
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titangts View Post
interesting thread! vid soon please
thank you sir! im hoping to finish the wiring this weekend so ill get a video up asap!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #94
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure it's just the angle of the picture, but the passenger side (lower) rad hose looks dangerously close to the Clutch Fan...
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #95
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
I'm sure it's just the angle of the picture, but the passenger side (lower) rad hose looks dangerously close to the Clutch Fan...
ha yea its just the angle, i have a good inch of clearance between the two.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #96
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You are 18.

You are doing good.

Florida is turning around?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #97
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Interesting build. Sub'd for end result.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #98
FU12
Zilvia Member

FU12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanna see a SR30 build : ( nice build so far though
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #99
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
You are 18.

You are doing good.

Florida is turning around?
thank you sir, yea im 18 i know im young ha, but florida isnt as shitty as everyone thinks it is, i mean its bad... dont get me wrong but its not horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima View Post
Interesting build. Sub'd for end result.
awesome! im glad your enjoying the build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU12 View Post
I wanna see a SR30 build : ( nice build so far though
lol sorry im not that baller, but i have a buddy of mine that has a 2j in his e36 and another with and RB26 out of a R34, so i wanted to fill in the missing space for the e36's lol
Old 03-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #100
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

SR Update!

ok everyone i finally finished the the down pipe and its bolted up to the car, it was a real bitch to figure out how we wanted to run it. but we figured it out thats what matters. (sorry for the crappy photo quality i took it wit my phone i forgot my SLR).
so the front part of the down pipe is kinda fucked up, thanks to the guy we had bend it. (never going to him again) but it works no problems.

and here is another angle, just figureing how much i need to shave off of the front of the pipe. ( you can see the marker mark where we needed to cut off.)

welding up the flange and the two pipes together to seal them together!

ok and here is the finished product! i painted it so the welds wont rust, and now i just need to get some exhaust wrap and the down pipe is completely finished!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #101
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
better wrap that down pipe. or your going to have a BBQ or fireball on your hands.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #102
anarchyperf
Zilvia Member

anarchyperf is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with the your coilpack wiring lol
anarchyperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #103
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzYNMotioN View Post

and here is another angle, just figureing how much i need to shave off of the front of the pipe. ( you can see the marker mark where we needed to cut off.)

welding up the flange and the two pipes together to seal them together!

ok and here is the finished product! i painted it so the welds wont rust, and now i just need to get some exhaust wrap and the down pipe is completely finished!
That shit has bad written all over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #104
benz88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hahahaha, I was thinking the same.
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #105
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
If I was into Florida jokes I'd make some kind of wisecrack about shooting the exhaust through the hood onto the windshield. But seriously, route that shit downward not across your whole engine bay or that car is gonna be cool for all of 3 minutes.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #106
BoostinEuros
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
BoostinEuros is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't think it can go down since the steering knuckle/shaft is in the way. They are a lot more beefy than S-chassis units. They do make joints to slim it down the assembly though.
BoostinEuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #107
Eazy_tom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Eazy_tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
How big is the opening for that oil pickup?
Make sure its not to small or you could have a problem. Everything looks good though man.
Eazy_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #108
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah man, you need to figure out a better way to route that down pipe, and if there is no other way, you might have to move the motor a little forward..If the down pipe cant go straight down, is there a way you can maybe move the turbo forward in order to gain room to run a typical down pipe setup?

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Really nice build though and i think this is a sick swap, but you gotta figure the dp out!
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #109
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have a question too - which line is that black line on top of the turbo? Water? You need to clock that turbo so the oil drain is pointing down.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #110
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
sick swap to say the least my friend be sure to take your time with it, shame to see parts fabricated in a rush. Although sometimes you just have to make shit happen with what you have on hand!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #111
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

for everyone that made a comment on wrapping the down pipe, i know most people dont read what the poster said but just look at the pictures, but i did say i AM wrapping the down pipe , i have buddy in Osaka, Japan that did this same swap and he said it was much better to rout the down pipe the way did it because there isnt enough room on the left side of the motor to go down.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #112
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah just wrap it really well then. I mean, just in that pic, the down pipe looks as if its touching the coil pack harness, a vacuum line, and almost the main loom of the engine harness..
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #113
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinEuros View Post
I don't think it can go down since the steering knuckle/shaft is in the way. They are a lot more beefy than S-chassis units. They do make joints to slim it down the assembly though.
well not exactly, but there is not enough room between the trany and the fir wall to run the down pipe straight down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy_tom View Post
How big is the opening for that oil pickup?
Make sure its not to small or you could have a problem. Everything looks good though man.
im not sure but its not very small. and thank you ive been working really hard to complete this build and build it properly, but seems liek everyone has something against my work. but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
Yeah man, you need to figure out a better way to route that down pipe, and if there is no other way, you might have to move the motor a little forward..If the down pipe cant go straight down, is there a way you can maybe move the turbo forward in order to gain room to run a typical down pipe setup?

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Really nice build though and i think this is a sick swap, but you gotta figure the dp out!
i know its dosent look very appealing, but im wrapping the down pipe so i should have no problem, i really wanted to run a typical down pipe set up but there was no way i could find the room. and thank you i was trying to do something different and new and exciting, im glad you like the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima View Post
I have a question too - which line is that black line on top of the turbo? Water? You need to clock that turbo so the oil drain is pointing down.
the oil drain is at the bottom of the turbo, the top line is the oil feed, the right side is water drain and the left side is water feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
sick swap to say the least my friend be sure to take your time with it, shame to see parts fabricated in a rush. Although sometimes you just have to make shit happen with what you have on hand!
well im not in a rush, but the ass hole who bent the front section of the down pipe did a real shitty job and wouldn't do it over so i had to deal with it and use that pipe.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #114
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
Yeah just wrap it really well then. I mean, just in that pic, the down pipe looks as if its touching the coil pack harness, a vacuum line, and almost the main loom of the engine harness..
yea it dosent touch anything, everything is just loose right now im doing a wire tuck any ways so I shouldn't have any problems.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #115
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
ah shit happens, i'm sure you'll work it all out and it's not like you cant re do anything in the future if you so desire

PS if you can't find someone locally who can make decent bends for you there lots of places to source pre bent mild, SS, TI or AL tubing for very fair prices.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #116
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
ah shit happens, i'm sure you'll work it all out and it's not like you cant re do anything in the future if you so desire

PS if you can't find someone locally who can make decent bends for you there lots of places to source pre bent mild, SS, TI or AL tubing for very fair prices.
yea exactly, im probably going to change up the down pipe eventually but untill then this will do, yea i usually get my piping from summit, but a friend of mind told me her knew someone that was good and cheap.. yea he sucked haha. but yea right now i just need mate the two harnesses together and the car will be running.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #117
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
With a hood on, in Florida weather, your engine bay temperatures are going to rival that of the sun. You're going to melt your bmc reservoir and be filled to the brim with regret.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #118
95white240

95white240 is an unknown quantity at this point
not going to bag your project its neat to see all swaps done, but why the e36 with sr20? I ask because i own a e36 m3 with the inline 6 and also a s14 with the sr20 swap. Hands down if you turbo that e36 engine if its not the 4 cylinder it would be dumb fast cause there is a ton of torque in the e36's just my thoughts but I'd love to see it with the engine in it
95white240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #119
EazyS13
Zilvia Member

EazyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95white240 View Post
not going to bag your project its neat to see all swaps done, but why the e36 with sr20? I ask because i own a e36 m3 with the inline 6 and also a s14 with the sr20 swap. Hands down if you turbo that e36 engine if its not the 4 cylinder it would be dumb fast cause there is a ton of torque in the e36's just my thoughts but I'd love to see it with the engine in it
i second this, i used to have an e36 and those inline 6 could be pretty mean, intresting swap none the less
EazyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #120
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95white240 View Post
Well I always had loved the SR platform, and the motor that was in the e36 was the m42(1.8L) which is slow and low powered also. And I wanted to do somthing different.