Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Anyone stationed at Yokota Air Base?

Quick question.

How often does the APO ship stuff out everyday/once a week?

Because all I get when I enter the tracking number is
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 4:40 pm on September 11, 2010 in APO, AP 96326. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
That means who ever you sent it to picked it up at the post office. The way it works is if you have mail, they'll stick a yellow stub in your mailbox. You go pick it up from the front after showing them your ID and stub. If its tracked, they have a scanner that will scan the bar code to show that it was recieved.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

I'm actually asking this because I bought something from a seller here. I guess they used the APO to ship the item to the states, and so far the status has not been updated, so I was beginning to think that the APO ships stuff out once a week or until there is a substantial of packages before they even ship them to save money. OR maybe the seller gave me the wrong tracking number. I guess I should message the seller to confirm it.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Oh, so its coming from here to the states. Most of the time, when I ship stuff out via USPS Priority, it gets to folks in 6-9 days. Longest was close to 2 weeks. The problem is the time it takes to get it to the processing center in Norcal. Shit goes thru too many processing center and almost everything is sorted by hand.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

So is it safe to say that my stuff is still in Japan?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

What is it, how big is it and did he ship it ground/priority/express?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Coilovers, so the box should be a pretty decent size, and I guess USPS Parcel Post.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That means that the person dropped it off at the Post Office on base. Tracking numbers suck coming through APO. I have shipped stuff and it was received before the status was updated online. The status still showed "Acceptance". Don't worry. Your package will arrive to Southern California in a 7-10 days max. Sometimes it will be there in 5 days. The package will go from the Post Office on base to Narita Airport, as space is available. (Mail usually goes in and out 3 times a day, so shouldn't take too long). Then it will fly to San Francisco. There it will process through the USPS system and be forwarded on to it's final destination.

Cliffnotes = Don't worry, your package will be on your door step soon!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys I guess I'll just have to keep waiting.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #10
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
apo/fpo shipped items are shipped through the military not USPS. When items are shipped through a base USPS post office they're shipped to the states via government transport (military transports) then once it reaches the states USPS takes over and ships it to your door. don't worry dude your stuff is coming. This is why I usually email people scanned photos of the customs receipts and USPS receipts which shows item weights and package contents decleration so they feel more comfortable that they're stuff is actually on the way. basically once the tracking number shows accepted and shipped priority it will be 7-10 business days. I only ever ship USPS priority to people because parcel post takes like 2 weeks and people start to lose trust at that point. paypal and USPS priority is the only way to go man.