Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
ma.jomaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1980 BMW 323i Euro Spec car Extremely clean

Zilvia has been good to me in the past and I've sold 3 cars on here, so I decided why not give this one a shot on zilvia so here it goes.

I finally made up my mind and decided to pass this beauty to someone who will appreciate it as much as I do, I hate to do this but I have to get some cash flowing to finish my 1975 2002

So here it is a 1980 e21 323i gray market car imported in the late eighties, to those who are not familiar with BMWs this car was never sold in the US.

The goods:

-Registered in my name with Clean Title in hand.

-Current CA registration with 3 weeks old smog,passed with flying colors.

-RUST FREE, undercarriage is dry and rust free so are the shock towers, and frame rails.

-Bilstiens with lowering springs

-ST sway bars.

-Reupholstered Recaros with matching back seat.

-15x8 & 15x9 ESM BBS RS replicas wrapped with Hankook Ventus with less than 2500 miles on wheels+tires combo. The alpina turbines that are in some pictures are for sale as well but need tires.

-Z3 short shifter conversion with all shifter bushings replaced.

-New guibo(flex disc)

-Rare 323i middle rear panel

-Zender trunk spoiler

-H4 headlights

-Original AC car though the AC compressor was taken out, all other parts are in there and the AC blower works just fine.

-All Electricals work as they should.

-Transmision and Diff fluid changed recently.

-Previous owner mentioned that the engine was rebuilt some 25K miles ago(no documentation to support that but the engine runs amazingly well)

-Though the paint is not showroom condition, it's very presentable, It was actually one of the cleanest e21s in the SOCAL vintage meet at woodley park last month.

-It drives great and straight I've been driving it for about a month everyday with no issues what so ever. The engine rev's freely and pulls very nicely, transmision shifts perfectly and clutch is tight.

-starts every morning and takes about 5 mins to warm up

The bads:

-dash has two hairline cracks barely noticeable.

-cluster was swapped sometime during the past 3 years to US cluster and showing 46K miles, ODO meter not working.

Recommended fixes:

-Get the AC fixed

-Brake job would be nice, car stops fine but I believe the rotors are a little worn.

The fine print:

-Asking price: $6500

-I'm not looking for any trades or trades+cash. Vehicle is for sale only.

-This is a used car and will be sold as such, there are no warranties expressed or implied.

-I work M-F 8-5 so please keep that in mind when calling(this means no calls past 9 p.m.), If I don't pick up please leave a short message with your name and number and I'll get back to you ASAP.

-Please do not text me, I will not reply, if you're interested pick up the phone and call.

-Lastly please read full ad as many of your questions will be answered by it. for more info you can reach me at 818-7o3-2o97.

Thank you for looking.
Mohamad

Last edited by ma.jomaa; 11-07-2013 at 01:01 PM..
ma.jomaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
prime8

Trader Rating: (0)
prime8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
glws. very clean ride
prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
k240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
k240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Glws !!looks good to me
k240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Bump for neat car.

You might consider re-importing it properly. Maybe it would be possible when you sell it, to go through another party or something on paper, and get it all above the bar. Cause it's plenty old enough to NOT need to be a grey market car.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime8 View Post
glws. very clean ride
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k240sx View Post
Glws !!looks good to me
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Bump for neat car.

You might consider re-importing it properly. Maybe it would be possible when you sell it, to go through another party or something on paper, and get it all above the bar. Cause it's plenty old enough to NOT need to be a grey market car.
Not sure what you mean by re-importing it? it's already here legally with all the modifications that it needed to pass and get a BAR sticker? what would be the benefit if re-importing it? sorry I'm clueless when it comes to importing and legalizing cars in the US, that's why I made sure that this one was fully registered in CA before I bought it. Would re-importing it help with avoiding having to do smog every couple years(not that it doesn't pass, but smog laws are just getting stricter here)?
Old 11-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma.jomaa View Post
Thank you.

Thank you.

Not sure what you mean by re-importing it? it's already here legally with all the modifications that it needed to pass and get a BAR sticker? what would be the benefit if re-importing it? sorry I'm clueless when it comes to importing and legalizing cars in the US, that's why I made sure that this one was fully registered in CA before I bought it. Would re-importing it help with avoiding having to do smog every couple years(not that it doesn't pass, but smog laws are just getting stricter here)?
I don't really know crap about it. But I mean sell it out of the US, and then back in, so you have the paperwork.

Maybe at the time it was legal to bring it here, I don't know. But nowadays, you have to wait 25 years, and if already had it here it does not become legal at the 25 year mark.

If it's "grey market" that means that, like they do with skylines, the feds could swoop in and confiscate, and crush, your car any time they want. They probably won't (obviously), but they can - be real respectful to cops, I guess... "grey market" generally means it was not legally imported. It can be titled and registered and insured, but the feds can still take it.

Unless you have a legit customs release and such, that says it's all good and legal. Then it's not grey market, it's legal.

No, I don't think it will help with smog, at all. but it would offer peace of mind, and probably seriously increase the cars value - as it is, if it's NOT a legal car, that may seriously hurt it's value, considering that at it's age, it could be legally imported.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I don't really know crap about it. But I mean sell it out of the US, and then back in, so you have the paperwork.

Maybe at the time it was legal to bring it here, I don't know. But nowadays, you have to wait 25 years, and if already had it here it does not become legal at the 25 year mark.

If it's "grey market" that means that, like they do with skylines, the feds could swoop in and confiscate, and crush, your car any time they want. They probably won't (obviously), but they can - be real respectful to cops, I guess... "grey market" generally means it was not legally imported. It can be titled and registered and insured, but the feds can still take it.

Unless you have a legit customs release and such, that says it's all good and legal. Then it's not grey market, it's legal.

No, I don't think it will help with smog, at all. but it would offer peace of mind, and probably seriously increase the cars value - as it is, if it's NOT a legal car, that may seriously hurt it's value, considering that at it's age, it could be legally imported.
Oh I see what you mean, I have probably mis-used the term "grey-market" car, as the car was/still legal to import at the time it was brought over from germany. But that's very helpful information.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry, im not familiar with this kind of car, what make this car special? how come its so expensive?
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2010 View Post
Sorry, im not familiar with this kind of car, what make this car special? how come its so expensive?
Is that something that needs asking?

I'm not familliar with it either, but it's a clean, complete, leather'ed out and generally baller, BMW coupe. Looks great, and is generally not available in the US to boot.

No, it's not for drifting into walls - but s chassis shouldn't be, either.

Seriously, I think the first post is full of arguments for the price. Read it.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I'm not familliar with it either, but it's a clean, complete, leather'ed out and generally baller, BMW coupe. Looks great, and is generally not available in the US to boot.

Thank you, I could've not said it better myself, it's definetly not a drift car though the tail tend to slide with very little effort.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

Don't be a DICK man, I'm just asking, there is nothing to do with drifting, even if the OP didn't want to answer, its fine too. don't be offended.
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
gusisboosted
Zilvia Addict

gusisboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
been wanting one of these since back in the day when i was a BMW junkie.

Got a 1969 GHIA that i'd be interested in working into some sort of deal, let me know.

-Gus
Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusisboosted View Post
been wanting one of these since back in the day when i was a BMW junkie.

Got a 1969 GHIA that i'd be interested in working into some sort of deal, let me know.

-Gus
Thank you for the offer Gus, but I really need cash to finish my other bimmer.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

to the top
Old 11-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict