Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #10891
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 208s14.5 View Post
So I've got a question for everyone, if its in the wrong section than someone direct me to the right one. I have a 95 240, factory blue emerald paint, grey cloth Int, sunroof, 4 lug, and a 6 bolt LSD. Previous owner told me this was the way he got it(original owner). I've had some people tell me this is a rare chassis and some say it isn't. Anyone care to clarify?
the VLSD was an option from the dealer.
While not so rare in Canada, it's not very common on stock US 240s.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #10892
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
the VLSD was an option from the dealer.
While not so rare in Canada, it's not very common on stock US 240s.
I'm not sure if its a vlsd or just an lsd (if there's a difference), but from my understanding Nissan didn't offer grey cloth in my color code and my year. I've heard that my options are "uber" rare but wasn't sure. It's always puzzled me why I have sunroof and lsd but no five lug. I just thought he swapped out for four lug.
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #10893
YamaMX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
YamaMX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ordering some clear signals, but see JDM and USDM sizes are different due to the bumper. From what I gather due to the license plate spot, I have a JDM Zenki bumper, but just want to make sure before ordering the lights. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339049402.574145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YamaMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #10894
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
what?

as far as I know all same generation bumper lights are the same across the globe.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #10895
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a large oil leak under my intake manifold(stock ka24de obd2) to the point I can smell it and see some smoke. It appears to be above the block. Any ideas? I'll run some dye through when I have time this weekend to take it apart but was wondering if anyone else ran into this. I'm wondering if its the pcv valve.

Edit: Just viewed a diagram and the KA with the intake off, where im seeing oil is above where the pcv valve is located.

Last edited by Mangudai; 06-07-2012 at 05:17 PM..
Mangudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #10896
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Where could one have a custom hose tee fitting made?

Specifically with these outlet sizes:
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #10897
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Where could one have a custom hose tee fitting made?

Specifically with these outlet sizes:
hey matej i can ask a friend how much it would cost to make but complete specs would be awesome. like how big you want that transfer thing to be and how long you want the fitting to be
Old 06-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #10898
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup quick question. Just looking for some reaffirmation here.

So I was driving yesterday and I have an Apex'i turbo timer that usually is set on showing me my battery voltage. So I was cruising and noticed it blinking because voltage was not at the usual 12.8 or whatever it usually is. It was blinking at 11. Not thinking much I continued to drive and later saw that it would jump back up to 12.8 and be normal again. Every time I would turn the car off and drive it would be like this.

Today I went to go get a haircut and while driving it stayed at 11.0 and never went up. After awhile it dropped down to 10.9 and 10.8, again, never climbing back up. So I park and go get my haircut and eat and come back out and turn the car over and it doesn't turn. Tried it again and it started right up! I'm a little worried at this point, but the car turned over and is driving so that's good.

Anyways driving home, it starts POURING rain. Like enough rain that I can't see anything while driving and the wipers are on full blast and not doing anything. As this is happening I see my battery voltage slowly drop... 10.8, 10.7.. 9... 8.8... 8.0, etc. Eventually it hit like 7.8 and then the car wouldn't drive anymore, it was still on and still in gear and slugging but any gas or anything just wouldn't do it. Turned the car off and of course I can't get it to turn back on. I'm looking at the voltage on my turbo timer and it says like 8.4.. after 5-10 minutes it'll climb up to 10.6 but that's not enough to really get the car going.

My question is, which I am pretty sure of, is this the alternator? Did it just decide to take a shit on me today? I'm assuming this because it died while driving. Took a multimeter to my battery with it unplugged and it read a steady 10.7/10.8V. When I had it plugged in, it was VERY sporadic, 10.6-11.2 just jumping around everywhere. I assume I might have a little electrical gremlin as well, but the major concern should be my alternator correct? It just stopped working and stopped charging my battery and now I can't drive?

One more thing to add, I had it hooked up to one of those portable jumper kits. That of course turned my car on and once we disconnected it, my car would just turn off again. Battery would drop from 11.0 to 8 quickly and the car would die.

Alternator, yeah?
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #10899
YamaMX
Leaky Injector

YamaMX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
what?

as far as I know all same generation bumper lights are the same across the globe.
* JDM Zenki 8 3/4" wide x 2 1/4" tall*
* USDM Light 9 3/4 wide x 2 3/8" tall *
YamaMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #10900
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
Sup quick question. Just looking for some reaffirmation here.

So I was driving yesterday and I have an Apex'i turbo timer that usually is set on showing me my battery voltage. So I was cruising and noticed it blinking because voltage was not at the usual 12.8 or whatever it usually is. It was blinking at 11. Not thinking much I continued to drive and later saw that it would jump back up to 12.8 and be normal again. Every time I would turn the car off and drive it would be like this.
Alternator is the most likely culprit. Battery is obviously not being charged.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #10901
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
for the first time since i bought my car, it will not start... cars sitting at work at the moment till i figure out wtf is wrong.. car has battery, headlights turn on.. starter seems good due to the fact that it still turns (cranks) when trying to start.. we tried to start it by pushing it did not work. tried to give it a jump, nothing. car does have gas, so that leads me to believe it might be my fuel pump? =/ man, any help would be aprecciated guys.. thank you
Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #10902
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn ignition to ON?
Old 06-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #10903
240Cali
Premium Member

240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn ignition to ON?
yes, I do.. =/
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #10904
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
Alternator is the most likely culprit. Battery is obviously not being charged.
Yeah, just want to make sure. Gonna go out and test the alternator obviously and hopefully that will get me back on the road.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #10905
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
This is probably one of those,"depends on who you talk to" subjects, so here goes.
Bought this valve cover

with this catch can

this is my current valve cover and hose setup.

now should I just use the new catch can to replace the old like this:
-hose from side of valve cover-> new catch can->hose to drain tube on back corner on block
and hose on top of valve cover to intake pipe
or
hose from side of valve cover->old catch can->drain tube, like stock (I also see people deleting old catch can and just running a hose from valve cover to drain tube)
and hose from top of valve cover -> new catch -> intake pipe

Ive been told to keep the hose going to intake pipe from the valve cover in some way shape or form because it helps alleviate built up air pressure from top of head and helps in producing a more steady/stable horsepower/torque curve. It seems like every engine bay I look at does it in one of the ways I stated above with a little variation. Im just curious of the overall consensus as to the "right way", from anyone, preferrably with experience on their current/previous car, or a friends car. Thanks zilvians. Oh and you "one-liner commandos" can have a go because you guys a hilarious. I think we should have a "best one-liner" contest on here one day.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #10906
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What should i use to get dried up double sided tape off shiny black paint without ruining it? I tried the eraser rubber drill bit, it just smeared it everywhere. Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #10907
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
What should i use to get dried up double sided tape off shiny black paint without ruining it? I tried the eraser rubber drill bit, it just smeared it everywhere. Thoughts?
Any automotive adhesive remover should do the trick. Check your local auto parts store. Read the label and make sure it is safe for paint.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #10908
vinsan1ty

vinsan1ty is an unknown quantity at this point
i recently purchased my frist 240sx *hooray!* but after i drove it around for a couple months, there has been a noise coming from the engine bay. it seems to be near the belts but i am not certain. i've flushed and refilled all the fluids since i dont think the previous owner took much care of the car.

here's the link to the video of the noise coming from my car. does this sound familiar to anyone?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KBO_gswxTfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
i am referring to the scraping sound in the video.
vinsan1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #10909
vinsan1ty

vinsan1ty is an unknown quantity at this point
heres the link to my question above about the engine noise.
240SX engine noise problem - YouTube

sorry, im new to zilvia and dont know how to embed vids to posts.
vinsan1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #10910
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Alright, sincde i wam changing out the valve cover, decided it was time to retorque the head studs. Sitting at about 700 miles since I rebuilt it. Going threw the fsm, and is it really only 8.7 lbs on the cam caps. Thats whats in the fsm, and even though I rebuilt it a few months ago, I dont remember being this concerned about it, but 8.7 lbs on my torque wrench doesnt feel likea whole lot. Just reaffirm me or tell me im reading it wrong. thanks.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #10911
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

UPDATE:
To who ever was interested, heres what I ended up doing/having to to do as far as the new valve cover and catch can. Nothing fancy just functionality.....I think. hehehe. Let me know if I'm doing it wrong. You can see where I started at like 5 posts ago.

The overall finished product

I had to take out my stock seperator/catch can temporarily because of lack of hose and a custom piece back there will do better any way. The black hose running from the greddy catch can to the intake is also a temp fix. Need to get some more AN fittings and hose and relocate the nipple to the other side of the intake so its closer to the greddy unit and I dont have this big ass loop cluttering things up. Hopefully I can find some more black AN fittings and trade these blue/red ones off. And need a bracket to mount the catch can as well.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #10912
91240coupe
Zilvia Member

91240coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
what kinda of wheels for tommy robert have on his gold s13?
DESKTOP >> TOMMY ROBERTS’ RICETASTIC S13
91240coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #10913
s13ED

s13ED is an unknown quantity at this point
I own a s13. Will a s14 manual drive shaft fit on my s13.
s13ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #10914
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
How can I reset my cel on my j4 ecu?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #10915
MeGusta.jpeg

MeGusta.jpeg is an unknown quantity at this point
my passanger window decided to stop working today. hit the button on both sides and nothing, use the passanger switch and hear i clicking sound. is there a amp in the passanger door? or does the driver side power amp do the work?
MeGusta.jpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #10916
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta.jpeg View Post
my passanger window decided to stop working today. hit the button on both sides and nothing, use the passanger switch and hear i clicking sound. is there a amp in the passanger door? or does the driver side power amp do the work?
Pop the regulator out, get a voltmeter unplug the window motor and see if there is voltage going to your window motor, most likely the motor died out
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #10917
ReLiC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
ReLiC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quick question that i can't find:

Blacktop J4 ecu

Where does the black wire (ground) from the knock sensor go to in the ECU? I know the white wire goes out from pin 27 on ECU to the knock sensor and comes back to the ECU through a black wire, but i don't know where that black wire plugs into.

Any help is appreciated.

Btw, i'm using Om1kron's handwritten plug diagram, but i can't decipher what pin # it says.
ReLiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #10918
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
PBM HMIC kit owners

How long did it take you to install this?

The guy building my engine has seriously been nuking the installation of this and I swear this was only a 1-2hr job not a 5 hour job. Just trying to make sure
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #10919
Az240sxs13

Az240sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Alright so where can I get some of the vacuum nipples/BARB fittings that are on the SR20DET throttle body for the vac lines?

My greddy style manifold has 3 extra holes at the bottom for extra lines which I really need to utilize but I cant find any nipples for it, it only came with plugs for the holes. I tried autozone and pep boys, they dont have any that is the right thread pitch.

Hmmmm
Did you ever get it fixed? If so. Am having the same issue I cant find the fittings. Would halp me out so much
Az240sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #10920
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
PBM HMIC kit owners

How long did it take you to install this?

The guy building my engine has seriously been nuking the installation of this and I swear this was only a 1-2hr job not a 5 hour job. Just trying to make sure
It took Wayne less time then that, and his didn't fit at all on his S14.

Off topic: I still do not see the benefit of a HMIC vs a traditional FMIC.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote