Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Be safe out there, from now on I will be

On sept 14th really early that day at around 12am, I fell asleep while driving and hit a brick wall at 61mph, but my the.grace of god, I survived, I broke my leg and ankle, hit my face hard on the steering wheel causing me to bite off my tongue (it had to be sewn back on), put a gash on my face (which was stitched up) pushed a tooth up into my gums, some how I broke a or some ribs which punctured my lung. The beverly hills pd got to the scene really fast where the beverly hills fire dept used the jaws of life to cut me out of my car. I am one lucky person who is greatful
God chose to keep me alive. Thank you

Zilvians be carefull out there, I used to always say it would never happen to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqExTsizuRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRoRX5n4Gw

the video shown while driving, was filmed with a 120 degree lens, I was driving 35mph the whole way until just before i crashed, when i pressed the accellerator and hit the wall at 61mpg. just to clarify for those of you who think i am speeding

Last edited by handinpants; 10-28-2010 at 02:25 AM..
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
Shift_2Drift

Trader Rating: (0)
Shift_2Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn, glad ur ok.
Shift_2Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
GeneStarWindGSW
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
GeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
cup of coffee could have saved you a lot of grief. glad you made it out alive and well.
GeneStarWindGSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
pics (of yourself) or ban!

jk...glad to hear you're alright. i saw some pics from your FS thread. shit was nasty.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Steve! Omg man I'm sorry to hear about this. I wish you a speedy recovery. Glad to know that your alright from this accident, despite your injurys. Keep up the optimism!

To help with the topic of the thread, some tips to help stay awake while driving:

-Roll windows down
-Blast music (and sing along if you like)
-Practice beatboxing
-Name cars on the road
-Look at turns you think you can drift and dream of it in your head
-Coffee of course
-Park somewhere and run around outside for a bit
-Park somewhere and sleep

Thats all I can think of right now.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Pics or its a lie. Jk man bro I'm glad your alive and even though I dont know you on a personal basis I still keep my Zilvia peeps in need in my prayers and thoughts. Glad to still have you with us bro. Continue to be safe.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dang man thank god ur allright hope u have a quick recovery
Old 10-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn...just had a friend fall asleep while driving...she was lucky, she was on the 91 where the express lanes are, and hit the center cones...fucked her car up...but thank god it wasn't worse..
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
-Practice beatboxing\
That works surprisingly well.

Well really making loud ass noises and screaming at stuff.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
damn man feel better soon !
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Hey man, good work defeating death!

Since we seem to have had nearly the same accident, I'm curious as to what you remember about the entire thing?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Holy Toledo, that's insane!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I did the same thing but was able to walk away from it. I always told myself I'd never fall asleep behind the wheel and finally it happened about 4 years ago. I flew off a transition from one freeway to another and must have dropped like 40ft.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I saw the Sale thread, and I almost threw up.... That was fucking Death knocking on your door man.... Nice you punched him in the face and said hell no...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #15
JosiahP
Leaky Injector

JosiahP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JosiahP
i saw your for sale thread! damn dudde you are one luck man to have survived that!
wish you a speedy recovery bro!
JosiahP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Quote:
Steve! Omg man I'm sorry to hear about this. I wish you a speedy recovery. Glad to know that your alright from this accident, despite your injurys. Keep up the optimism!

To help with the topic of the thread, some tips to help stay awake while driving:

-Roll windows down
-Practice beatboxing
-Name cars on the road
-Coffee of course

Stopping to sleep, is the only true thing that works. Many have tried and died thinking the other methods get you thru.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
glad you're ok!

Quote:

-Roll windows down
-Practice beatboxing
-Name cars on the road
-Coffee of course

you can rub your penis too
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear your alright and seemingly optimistic about it all. I wish you a speedy recovery!
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #19
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
holy crap dude im glad to hear your alive

what were you driving?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #20
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Stopping to sleep, is the only true thing that works. Many have tried and died thinking the other methods get you thru.
Couldn't agree more.

The first time I drove up to Norcal, I did 15 1/2 hours of non-stop driving. About 30 minutes from home, I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I felt like blacking out. I did make it home, but I'll never do that again. It was one of the worst feelings in the world.

Glad you're alright though man. Could have been much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
holy crap dude im glad to hear your alive

what were you driving?

He was driving this:

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
selling the sparco seat?

lol jk. amazing it's like the only thing not fucked with was the driver seat...god truely has a plan for you.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
RacerX1
Zilvia Junkie

RacerX1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear your ok! Ive taken that risk too many times & scary as shit, definately not something I do anymore
Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #23
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

He was driving this:

holy shit you have the devil's luck man
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #24
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
thats the one thing im afraid of the most...when the sleepiness sets in, youre so fucked...its more powerful than any drug when all that stuff is swirling around in your brain...studies have shown that being sleepy behind the wheel is more dangerous than being intoxicated...ive had so many times where i would nod off and jolt back up in the next lane! 5 hour energy and cigarettes always save my life!!! =)

hope you have a speedy recovery and count your blessings...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #25
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
wow dude after seeing those pics I'm surprised anyone could have made it out alive, I just got into an accident a couple weeks ago myself but nothing as bad as that
glw the recovery
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #26
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
ive never unserstood how people fall asleep at the wheel. whenever ive gotten tired, i just pulled over and napped. nevertheless, glad ur all in one piece and you didnt swallow your tongue.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #27
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I start singing to August Burns Red.

If that fails, I eat sunflower seeds.

If that fails, I stop the car, step outside, and just take in the scenery.

If that fails, I nap.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
holy fuck man. You are 1 lucky SOB
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #29
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
lol ^^ "sleep"
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #30
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HOLY SHIT you are one lucky man, after seeing the picture of the car, i say it a miracle you're still alive.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote