Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Mustang

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

The GT with the new 5.0 is on par with the E92 M3 in terms of performance, but it undercuts the price by a solid 30k.

The secretary V6 model is faster than anything you can buy for 23k. Jesus.

RWD, cheap, handles, looks good, and brakes well. Both V6 and V8 have excellent performance and gas mileage. Yet nary a peep from Zilvia.

Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarius Maximus View Post

RWD, cheap, handles, looks good, and brakes well. Both V6 and V8 have excellent performance and gas mileage. Yet nary a peep from Zilvia.
It look ok, just because it is new does not mean it looks good. At least not as good as a e92.
nearly 4,000lbs and 410ish hp?
I would not say it handles good nor brakes well.
I doubt gas mileage is as advertised as they can just drive really really slow to test it. Its like hybrids that get 50-60mpg... if u drive like a grandma.

Does the mustang have independent rear suspension yet? LOL

Great buy at the supposed price of 30k, but they gonna fool/trick us somehow.... like limited numbers, or change in price for options... 30k base v8 price without navigation but the car ONLY comes with navigation... little dealer tricks like that.
We all know that 90% or more mustangs are all v6. Its nothing more than marketing ploy to get people into their showroom. As the mustang model has been that for the last 15+years, sold mostly to middle aged women.

My friend picked up a g37 for 36k, I'd rather have that than a mustang that will be worth less than 20k in 2-3years.

And you can't compare it to a e92 when it is fully loaded, traction control, creature comforts, etc etc.
Totally different market.
A bmw buyer and a ford buyer are FAR from being anything alike. Bmw e92 buyer looking for all in one package. Mustang buyer looking at the 5.0 badge and looking for bullet wheels and flowmasters, thinking if he can get away with a 5.0 badge if he cheaps out on the v6. While the bmw buyer looking for factory bbs wheels and trying to decide if a m3 or a 335i or settle for a 328i.

Drive a newer bmw ANY bmw. Then drive a mustang. then you will know.
Then drive a e30, then drive a 5.0. Then you will agree.

400hp 4000lbs 30k
Give me
200hp 2000lbs and Ill pay 20.

sorry if its a rant. its 6am and i cant sleep.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
nyc240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
nyc240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
new mustang is sweet
nyc240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarius Maximus View Post
Yet nary a peep from Zilvia.
Isn't this a Nissan forum?
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Shit's weak.

That's why.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
It's actually 400hp 3500lbs... which makes it about 200 lighter than the m3 and about 14 hp short... Whether it feels like your hustling an elephant around the track or not, between the two cars... they lap with in a second on tests. That's ok though. a 1 series with a chip can also perform the same feat which is similar in price. Yes I could build one on fords website with cloth seats and just a plain jane CD player and get it right at 30k. While the camaro couldn't get under 32k. My 540i though is tomb quiet inside while my 02 camaro is like a rattly shit box. I'm hoping GM has made significant improvements.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Its plain an simple. While some 240 owners may glance at a Mustang. BMW people? LOL Anyone the slightest bit interested in a BMW to drive is not going to glance at a Mustang. Unless its like some rare edition to buy and collect for collectability. Otherwise its a whole different world of people.

Only reason Vaughn Gitten jr drives a Mustang is because Ford is paying for it.

Hell someone sponsors someone with a free car fuck ya they are going to drive it. LOL

Does that mean the car is really that good? Does that mean the person honestly likes the car enough to own it themselves? Maybe but not always.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
they're just playing catch-up with the camaro imo.
it seems absolutely absurd to compare to the e90/e92.
apples & oranges entirely.

I personally wouldn't feel too bad about picking up a 300hp v6 camaro however.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its plain an simple. While some 240 owners may glance at a Mustang. BMW people? LOL Anyone the slightest bit interested in a BMW to drive is not going to glance at a Mustang. Unless its like some rare edition to buy and collect for collectability. Otherwise its a whole different world of people.
the car is good. there is a thread on bimmerforums about the 2011 mustang VS the 135i....with a poll. guess which one destroyed the other in the poll results? i saw a hand full of people saying that they're contemplating the new 5.0 as their next purchase, or after their lease is up. not all newer BMW owners are cliche A-holes that buy a car because of its badge. an enthusiast is still an enthusiast. but you'd be surprised how well the car is going over on other forums. Ford has really stepped up to the plate.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This car is too big and very ugly.
Just my personal opinion though.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
PinkPanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PinkPanther
The new mustang is awesome, no longer feels like driving a tank and is probably the nicest all around platform since they first came out. I've driven and worked on a few of them at our dealer, pretty cool.
PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #12
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
heres a 'car & driver' review of the '11 mustang.
v6 model looks appealing

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

specs

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe

PRICE AS TESTED: $30,675 (base price: $22,995)

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection

Displacement: 227 cu in, 3726 cc
Power (SAE net): 305 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed manual

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 107.1 in Length: 188.1 in
Width: 73.9 in Height: 55.6 in
Curb weight: 3520 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.0 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.0 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 113 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 152 ft
Roadholding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway driving: 19/29 mpg
C/D observed: 18 mpg
Old 04-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
_jake

_jake is an unknown quantity at this point
id rather have a genesis :b
_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My radar doesn't sound off everytime a domestic maker pops out another shitty retro/classic that my boss and neighbor would think is cool.

It just doesn't work like that.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #15
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
nearly 4,000lbs and 410ish hp?
I would not say it handles good nor brakes well.
The Shelby is near 4000 lbs, not the GT.

PS: Weight <> Handling. Throw enough grip at a tank and it'll run good. Just because a car feels nimble on little 225/40's doesn't mean it will out handle a bigger car on 275/40's.

Quote:
I doubt gas mileage is as advertised as they can just drive really really slow to test it. Its like hybrids that get 50-60mpg... if u drive like a grandma.
You do realize the OD gear ratios of these cars are rediculous right? That's how they get the fuel milage. Heck look at older T56 cars...dump it in 6th at 65 and it's only at like 1500 rpm...almost idle...that's how you get Fuel milage.

Quote:
Does the mustang have independent rear suspension yet? LOL
Do you have any first hand knowledge/know how/experience to back up this comment? A properly setup solid axle will work just fine. Just ask the AIX guys. Plus going IRS would probably tack on another 200 ish lbs, as well as odd complexity to a car that doesn't need it.

Quote:
We all know that 90% or more mustangs are all v6. Its nothing more than marketing ploy to get people into their showroom. As the mustang model has been that for the last 15+years, sold mostly to middle aged women.
I remember when you couldn't find an 05 GT when they came out, as everyone had one. V6's were all over. Then again, we actually shopped/owned one.

Quote:
My friend picked up a g37 for 36k, I'd rather have that than a mustang that will be worth less than 20k in 2-3years.
Says who? G's tank on value much like every other car. Look at some of the G Sedans...heck you can get an '05 X for nearly 10k these days...talk abotu holding value right? Even an '05 GT is worth more than that.

Quote:
And you can't compare it to a e92 when it is fully loaded, traction control, creature comforts, etc etc.
Sync > Any sort of BMW integration
Creature comforts ? Subjective. Sure the Mustang is cheaper in feel, but the ergonomics are the same in both if you ask me...yes I've driven both.

Traction control? Mustang has had that since the SN chassis....

Quote:
Drive a newer bmw ANY bmw. Then drive a mustang. then you will know.
Then drive a e30, then drive a 5.0. Then you will agree.
Yea, you'll take the Mustang both times. Fox 5.0's mop up E30's in every which way too, much like the current Gen

If you're going to make an argument, or have an opinon, know what you're comparing. Sure the Seats are made of nicer leather, and the dash colors are better on your eyes...but in the end of the day, is it really worth paying the extra 30k for a car that (M3's are the handling car remember) that can't keep up with a 5.0 mustang around course? Maybe if you want to impress friends who don't know any better right? Your FFF elitism side is strong here.

EDIT: So while I can respect your opinion on what car you'd like, the performance and 'bang for buck' part of myself just think it's all wrong.

If I wanted a nice, comfy, yet decently quick 70k car, I'd rather get a Z06, or a used Noble, or a M45, etc etc.

(And I'm not Bias, I'd love to find an e36 325 to stick an LSx into)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I personally wouldn't feel too bad about picking up a 300hp v6 camaro however.
Dynoed one today. 250 wheel through a stick. Boring if you ask me. Utterly cheap, and not even nice. Clutch was light as a feather though, kinda neat.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
From everything I've read on the car, and the ones I have seen in person... Ford REALLY stepped up their game for this gen Mustang. I dig 'em.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
it's my favorite car ford has come out with in the last 35 years, but still a ford...
Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #18
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
...but still a ford...
Ohh, shut up.

Ford is the only American automaker that's doing things right. With the exception of the Corvette and their trucks, GM is garbage. Chrysler isn't doing any better.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
It's an interesting comparison, yet very doubtful the consumers out there for either car would cross shop. I like the progress Ford had taken on the Mustang and it will be very interesting to see what the next iteration has in store.

For me, in terms of personal preference, I would take the M3.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #20
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
sorry, you have to be registered to read the thread. if you're a member, it's worth a read. the car is getting respect from all over the place.
Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Old 04-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Acceleration to mph
0-30 1.6 sec
0-40 2.5
0-50 3.3
0-60 4.3
0-70 5.5
0-80 6.9
0-90 8.5
0-100 10.3
Passing, 45-65 mph 2.1
Quarter mile 12.8 sec @ 110.8 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 105 ft
Lateral acceleration 0.94 g (avg)
MT figure eight 25.3 sec @ 0.75 g (avg)
Top-gear revs @ 60 mph 1900 rpm

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium test numbers - Motor Trend

The GT will shit all over anything in the 30k area. As far as I'm concerned, it's the premier rwd sport coupe right now. I know the Genesis got a ton of hype here, and it's performance is pretty mediocre. Is it an asian car thing?

And the V6 secretary package:

0-30 1.9 sec
0-40 2.8
0-50 3.9
0-60 5.1
0-70 6.7
0-80 8.5
0-90 10.5
0-100 13.1
Passing, 45-65 mph 2.7
Quarter mile 13.7 sec @ 102.0 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 104 ft
Lateral acceleration 0.96 g (avg)
MT figure eight 25.8 sec @ 0.71 g (avg)
Top-gear revs @ 60 mph 1800 rpm

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz0lPP3Ic62
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #22
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Brembo package with the 19 in wheels:

Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #23
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
-2011 v6 mustang weighs in at 3500. I prefer to drive smaller/lighter/lowpower cars as they are more fun to me without getting in trouble. And I am noobish driver so smaller car easier to learn on.
gone are the days of sub 3000lb cars....

-yes i know the final drive ratios are shitty for the stock cars, I think my friend had 2.86 final drive on his 99ish mustang, when he went to 3.30's or whatever, he was instantly deep in the 13's in the 1/4 mile.

-anything can handle good if setup right... porsche rear engine... or a fwd civic

IL Track Tested: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 vs. 2011 Ford Mustang V6

apparently its 30k for the v6 305hp, but 0-60 in 5.6 is quite impressive. 400hp should put it in the mid 4's?

-really? 05 g35x for 10g's? shit maybe I should sell my s14 LOL

If it is really 30k for the v8 400hp, as some sources try to say, then I don't doubt that it will sell out quickly and dealers would have to pre-order them for customers. Hell... if it was really 30k I might consider buying one. Nah fuck it, I want a z06.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
S13shaka
Zilvia Member

S13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymore
the sequential turn signals are pretty bobo though
S13shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #25
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
my experience with BMW owners, they think bmw is the best cars ever and imports are trash, but they are still better then domestics. they would laugh at this comparison. a mustang haha
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #26
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I love the new mustangs. Great cars. Best bodystyle to date.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:

apparently its 30k for the v6 305hp, but 0-60 in 5.6 is quite impressive. 400hp should put it in the mid 4's?
Well the base v6 mustang starts at around 23k.
Optioned out, it'll hit the 30's.
30k will get you the base 5.0

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

With last year’s already extensive updates powering the 2010 Mustang GT to a win in a three-way with a Camaro SS and Dodge Challenger R/T, we’re delighted to see Ford spreading the love to the V-6 model. We didn’t get a chance to sample the base car with the normal suspension, but at $22,995 to start, the 2011 Mustang V-6 is the least-expensive way to get rear-wheel drive and 300 hp; 2010 Camaros base at $23,530, and the Genesis coupe with a 3.8-liter V-6 starts at $25,750. The Dodge Challenger SE starts at $23,460 but is so grossly outmatched as to be easily dismissed from the conversation.

Our Grabber Blue Mustang was decked out in Premium trim, which at $26,695 to start nets leather hides for the seats and steering wheel, a booming Shaker 500 audio system, and various chrome and aluminum detailing, among other amenities. Also featured were the Security package ($395) with wheel locks and an anti-theft alarm; Comfort package ($595) with a six-way power driver’s seat and heaters for the front chairs; the Performance package; and the $995 Mustang Club of America package, which includes a blingy stainless-steel billet grille, fog lights, flat-black stripes down the body sides, a similar appliqué between the taillights, a prominent decklid spoiler, unique 18-inch wheels, and several other bits. Total: about $30,675.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 04-17-2010 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #28
lucky7
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
my experience with BMW owners, they think bmw is the best cars ever and imports are trash, but they are still better then domestics. they would laugh at this comparison. a mustang haha
register on bimmerforums and click this link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
sorry, you have to be registered to read the thread. if you're a member, it's worth a read. the car is getting respect from all over the place.
Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i can't wait for the 2011 Mustang to come out. it's gonna be an animal. The Camaro should have turned out like this.

funny how the 2011 Mustang V6 runs the same 1/4 mile times as the 2010 Mustang GT does.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #30
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

well the Camaro pretty much reset the benchmark last year.
Ford is more or less matching everything spec for spec, and then some.
they even managed to undercut the Camaro's price by some amount.

You have to give the Camaro due credit.
Ford probably wouldn't have bothered with souping up their Mustang had it not been the Camaro.
The old GT was aging, and the V6 was dismal.
I have a feeling Chevy's going to throw in a couple upgrades for their Camaro.

I think it's safe to say the Genesis Coupe is irrelevant now.
The V6 Mustang is even going to give the 370z it's run for the money.