Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
ClutchKickThatBitch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruinClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruinClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paranormal Activity

My friend been talking about it all weekend and was wondering if anyone's seen it yet..it says it's already had a

limited release..here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

Demand it in your city

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

I casted my vote to have it in L.A

Last edited by ClutchKickThatBitch; 09-28-2009 at 07:40 AM..
ClutchKickThatBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Asshole. I'm at work, and there are a dickload of random sounds.

FUCKER.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
ClutchKickThatBitch
Zilvia Member

ClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruinClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruinClutchKickThatBitch is on the path to ruin
There all around you lol
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Luckily THEY'RE not around me.

/relief
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gonna watch it when i get home.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
hmmm ill have to see this preview when i get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Looks like Scare Tactics.

Pass.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is this a real movie or something from Hollywood??
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I demanded it for LA area. I don't really think it's going to be anything that great though to tell you the truth.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
Is this a real movie or something from Hollywood??
It's a US indie film made for a shoestring $11k.
Just got released this past weekend.
Hollywood is considering a remake.

I don't mind checking it out.
has good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
it's not like there's a lot of good stuff playing now.
I'd watch this over some generic 'remake' garbage.

Paranormal Activity (film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paranormal Activity is a 2007 horror film written and directed by Oren Peli. The movie premiered at the Screamfest Film Festival in US on October 14, 2007 and at the Slamdance Film Festival on January 18, 2008.[1] The film received a limited release in the United States beginning September 25, 2009. The movie centers around a young couple, Katie and Micah, who are haunted by a demonic presence in their home. The movie is presented through the cameras set up by the couple to capture the ghost activity.
Contents
[hide]

Paranormal Activity was written and directed by Oren Peli, an Israeli-born video game designer who had no formal film training. The film was shot in one week in 2006 with a $11,000 budget and a hand-held video camera.

* Steven Spielberg had taken a Paranormal Activity DVD screener to his Pacific Palisades estate, and not long after he watched it, “the door to his empty bedroom inexplicably locked from the inside.” The famous director was forced to call a locksmith, and returned the screener back to Dreamworks in a garbage bag, certain that his copy of the movie was haunted.
* When DreamWorks made a deal to acquire Paranormal Activity, it originally didn’t include a theatrical release. The studio wanted to produce a bigger budget remake of the film with director Oren Peli (his original film would be included with the remake’s DVD).
* The contract required DreamWorks to hold one test screening before starting the remake. Several screenwriters were invited to the March 2008 test screening in Burbank in the hopes of finding a scribe for the new version. Moviegoers began walking out of the screening, claiming they weren’t bored but scared. After the screening it was decided to release the original in theaters.
* Peli is about to start filming his second feature, another original, found-video thriller called Area 51 which is described as a “claustrophobic terror”.

[edit] Critical reception

Limited screenings of the film have been well received by critics so far. The movie currently has a 90% "Fresh" rating from Rotten Tomatoes based on 21 reviews.[2]
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
eh looks alright.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Heard this movie being called the new Blair Witch.

Supposedly it is pretty good.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Heard this movie being called the new Blair Witch.

Supposedly it is pretty good.
I heard this too.

How it's not playing in New York city or D.C. amazes me lol
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #14
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I'm sitting with my legs underneath my bed...

I just took them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #15
gzer750
Zilvia Member

gzer750 is an unknown quantity at this point
i did see this movie early last year at a screening in glendale. let me say it freaked me out. its made to seem like its the real deal. since it was filmed using a personal video camera. they did a great job on this flick. ( the ghost is bad ass)
gzer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #16
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
^^^
I'd believe that.

I think a lot of the adverse response in this thread is due the crappy 'official trailer'.
Come to think of it, it is one of the most god-awful trailers ever.
A trailer should be about the film, not a bunch of kiddies in the theatre jumping out of the seats.
It's really lame.

Were the film-makers THAT broke and/or lazy,
that they couldn't have the editor come up with something semi respectable?
Give any random person in Zilvia with video editing know-how, editing software (final cut pro maybe) raw footage, and a day or two.
I'm willing to bet anyone of us could do a better job.
They really fucked up here.

That aside, I'd rather see a good film & a bad trailer,
than the other way around.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #17
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
the film looks somewhat scary. I watched the trailer couple days ago, and its kind of scary in the sense that you dont actually see the ghost. Im waiting for it to come out "In theaters near you [me]".
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
looks pretty cool .. to bad its all fake ..
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
looks pretty cool .. to bad its all fake ..
This movie is fake, but paranormal activity does exist (IMO).
Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #20
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my co-worker told me this movie scared the living crap out of him.
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #21
Japan88
Zilvia Junkie

Japan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to all
Dude i want to see this movie. Why would they show it in Hollywood and not have it in theaters over here? Makes no sence.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
Japan88
Zilvia Junkie

Japan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to allJapan88 is a name known to all
Well i guess they do have it in LA but 1hr away from my house. Has any1 seen it yet? Worth watching and worth the drive?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #23
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
This movie is fake, but paranormal activity does exist (IMO).

i think it does..

but thats what sucks about hollywood now you cant tell whats real and whats fake

still looks like a dope movie but it kinda reminds me of a blair witch type movie.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #24
kouki fanatic
Zilvia Junkie

kouki fanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
is this movie out yet.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
ClutchKickThatBitch
Zilvia Member

I JUST ORDERED MY TICKETS FOR THE SHOWING IN L.A.

Its for 12:20 early Saturday morning I will let everyone know what my fiance and I though of it cant wait im so F'N excited
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #26
lolatclint
BANNED

lolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud oflolatclint has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to lolatclint
lol haha ...............
lolatclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #27
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzer750 View Post
i did see this movie early last year at a screening in glendale. let me say it freaked me out. its made to seem like its the real deal. since it was filmed using a personal video camera. they did a great job on this flick. ( the ghost is bad ass)
i saw the trailer and seems pretty spooky. Hey so is this movie being played at theaters here in LA??? i want to go watch it just so i cant sleep at night and cry like a lil bitch
Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #28
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
it looks ok.
i wasn't freaked out by the preview though.
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #29
ClutchKickThatBitch
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
i saw the trailer and seems pretty spooky. Hey so is this movie being played at theaters here in LA??? i want to go watch it just so i cant sleep at night and cry like a lil bitch
Yeah man its in L.A. now here is the only theater that is playing it

Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #30
ClutchKickThatBitch
Zilvia Member

It's official son....Going Late Saturday early Sunday at 1am cant wait I'll let everyone know how it is