Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #61
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO*SOS View Post
^ awesome post. I did my subframe this past weekend also! Car feels excellent, alignment is way out though tomorrow that will be fixed. Props to you doing it all yourself!! I dropped the old subframe myself but definitely needed help to get the new one in. Getting it all the way up was a major pain, the front studs kept binding. I ended up getting it done by putting the nuts on and tightening the subframe evenly.

Just need to sort out my z32 ebrake cable problem the passenger side is about 3" too long

I would not recommend that as you could possable break or strip out that stud - and trust me its no fun to reaplace those studs!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #62
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance View Post
looking good - if you have a noise/vibration problems you need a set of our Custom Hard Rubber Inserts! www.NIPerformance.org
Inserts? It's all solid now. I still have a ways to go - need to get more rubber and bracing upfront and sort out the struts as well as decide on what diff route I want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLO*SOS View Post
^ awesome post. I did my subframe this past weekend also! Car feels excellent, alignment is way out though tomorrow that will be fixed. Props to you doing it all yourself!! I dropped the old subframe myself but definitely needed help to get the new one in. Getting it all the way up was a major pain, the front studs kept binding. I ended up getting it done by putting the nuts on and tightening the subframe evenly.

Just need to sort out my z32 ebrake cable problem the passenger side is about 3" too long
I used a pair of emergency jacks to even out the front as I carefully raised the subframe.
What Z32 cables are you using, iirc both should be the same lenght.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #63
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Inserts? It's all solid now. I still have a ways to go - need to get more rubber and bracing upfront and sort out the struts as well as decide on what diff route I want to go.

I used a pair of emergency jacks to even out the front as I carefully raised the subframe.
What Z32 cables are you using, iirc both should be the same lenght.
Check them out - they "do not" take away from the performance of the solid bushings. Its a win-win really. www.NIPerformance.org
Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #64
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS Performance View Post
I would not recommend that as you could possable break or strip out that stud - and trust me its no fun to reaplace those studs!
It was a last resort, believe me... Tried everything else we could think of prior to that. The nuts never felt like they'd strip or snap though, I watched the subframe inching up slowly as I tightened them...
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #65
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
does anyone know if Z32 stub axles/uprights will mount on s14 rear LCA's?

for those of you whom replaced their balljoints - what did you use?
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #66
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaflush View Post
does anyone know if Z32 stub axles/uprights will mount on s14 rear LCA's?

for those of you whom replaced their balljoints - what did you use?
they are bolt on. you will need to use z32 rear coils, but there is another alternative in the below thread. i just searched "z32 upgrights". projectRDM is the z32 uprights master tho.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...t=z32+uprights

and for ball joints...you can use OEM ball joints...found at your local auto parts store....hardrace makes after market ball joints, but they call them "rear roll center adjusters".

because when you lower your car, you are throwing everything off balance.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #67
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
crap - disregard that - i have an epic headache and completely forgot id need z32 coils...

wanna do z32 drum brake conversion when i do my bushings/mounts/balljoints
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #68
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Trader Rating: (1)
MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stop reading this thread and get your subframe installed! LOL..

Shit feels great, so solid.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #69
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I like the silver subframe - to bad you didnt use our bushings