Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
s13 Fusebox relocation on s13.... where did you move it to?

In the middle of mine and undecided where to put them. Both the passenger and driver underhood fuse boxes.

Post up some pics of your setup and even some during progress pics
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wouldn't that be dope if we had a wire tuck picture thread?

WIRE TUCK PICTURE THREAD
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=322220

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 02-16-2016 at 01:24 PM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah it would. But im just asking specifically where people mounted the box
Old 02-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #4
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
We have a wire tuck picture thread, you would've found it if you searched. There are pictures of all the locations people mount them.
Trunk
Center console
Glovebox
Behind radio
Underside of the wheel tub.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
We have a wire tuck picture thread, you would've found it if you searched. There are pictures of all the locations people mount them.
Trunk
Center console
Glovebox
Behind radio
Underside of the wheel tub.
that's not specific enough. the OP CLEARLY asked for pix of something. the fact that we ALREADY have a thread that covers this is irrelevant. we need MORE threads that cover the EXACT same thing that has already been covered a dozen times already.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Please make a separate thread for each fusebox to keep the forum organized.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 PM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Please make a separate thread for each fusebox to keep the forum organized.
and make a separate thread every time someone buys a stock 240 and wants to show us what it looks like.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

My only guess is since dude lives in Alaska this is his only way to interact with other people so everyday he spends all day thinking about the new thread he is going to post once he arrives home.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #9
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Might as well close the forms and everything has been covered already. Sorry I don't want to go through 40 pages of stuff that I'm not specifically looking for
Old 02-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Or to the contrary, if you read all 40 pages you might actually answer your question AND learn a few things.

EDIT: 11:34EST, I was able to google and find pictures of all the locations I previously posted in this time.

EDIT2: It actually took less than 2 minutes
Old 02-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #11
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My fuse box is zip tied to the crash support behind the dash, and I cut up the glove box a bit for access. As far as the relay box, I cut it up and they're just kind've hanging out.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #12
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Or to the contrary, if you read all 40 pages you might actually answer your question AND learn a few things.

EDIT: 11:34EST, I was able to google and find pictures of all the locations I previously posted in this time.

EDIT2: It actually took less than 2 minutes
I googled too. I just wanted to see and possibly interact with the people who actually did it rather random pics on the net. Not much i could learn from relocating a fuse box. Cut, extend wires move the box. Like i said i was after specifically where the the relocation went not how it happened.

Unlike you i might not have time to hang out on the web all day and troll and read 40page threads. But hey thanks for your help

Thanks to the guys with serious answers. Thats how we keep the forum alive and support each other as a community
Old 02-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post

Thanks to the guys with serious answers. Thats how we keep the forum alive and support each other as a community
Creating ANOTHER thread to cover something that's already been covered is actually how you make this site MORE difficult to use and LESS alive.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #14
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Creating ANOTHER thread to cover something that's already been covered is actually how you make this site MORE difficult to use and LESS alive.
This.

Have you ever been searching for something and you just open short useless threads that contain no information? By creating this thread you added another link that detracts from people willing to read to find information quickly.

And on that note, I have linked my first post to the wire tuck thread out of courtesy for the people in the future that will inevitably find this thread.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #15
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I was able to split the boxes and pull them into my cab. My battery is in the hatch so it was only practical. One set of relays are under my driver seat so I can access them by sliding my seat up or remove 4 bolts to get some serious room. The other one is right next to my battery box.

I had to cut and extend quite a few wires but not having that ugly mess in the engine bay was worth it! When I get a new photobucket I'll add pics unless you want me to email you them? My PB account is wacky
Old 02-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #16
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd like to relocate as well since the battery will be in the back but I don't like the idea of chopping 2 harness in half to extend them. That just screams electrical headache.

But considering what a mess my engine bay and wiring is I might just have to.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:40 PM   #17
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
I was able to split the boxes and pull them into my cab. My battery is in the hatch so it was only practical. One set of relays are under my driver seat so I can access them by sliding my seat up or remove 4 bolts to get some serious room. The other one is right next to my battery box.

I had to cut and extend quite a few wires but not having that ugly mess in the engine bay was worth it! When I get a new photobucket I'll add pics unless you want me to email you them? My PB account is wacky
I can wait. Id like to see that under seat setup
Old 02-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #18
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I'd like to relocate as well since the battery will be in the back but I don't like the idea of chopping 2 harness in half to extend them. That just screams electrical headache.

But considering what a mess my engine bay and wiring is I might just have to.
It just takes a lot of time. Its not hard imo.. and hopefully worth it. What im doing is putting masking tape on each single wire. Labeling it twice with a number so when i cut each wire i know afterwards where to reconnect. Mount the box then add wire extensions 1 by 1. I zip tied wires that need to stay together either because of location or part of a circuit together.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #19
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Yeah all I had to do was cut a wire, extend it, connect it and wrap it an onto the next. I took my time so it was a day of wiring.

I'm going to keep the one set of relays under the seat. I have them resting there now until I build a plate to hold them.

I only needed to extend the wires for my headlights etc, alt, starter and a couple randoms.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #20
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
It just takes a lot of time. Its not hard imo.. and hopefully worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Yeah all I had to do was cut a wire, extend it, connect it and wrap it an onto the next. I took my time so it was a day of wiring.
Not that it's hard per say but I'm worried about continuity problems with the soldered wire if a mistake was made. It's simply not as good as OEM.

But I'm going to have to do a bunch of electrical work anyway so I might as well do that too. I'll cross that bridge once I get there and will be looking for some good info.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #21
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Not that it's hard per say but I'm worried about continuity problems with the soldered wire if a mistake was made. It's simply not as good as OEM.

But I'm going to have to do a bunch of electrical work anyway so I might as well do that too. I'll cross that bridge once I get there and will be looking for some good info.
Heres a good guide to keep the oem-ish continuity. Generally depending on how long u extend u wanna go next higher gauge of wire

Old 02-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #22
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
This.

Have you ever been searching for something and you just open short useless threads that contain no information? By creating this thread you added another link that detracts from people willing to read to find information quickly.

And on that note, I have linked my first post to the wire tuck thread out of courtesy for the people in the future that will inevitably find this thread.
God forbid more than one thread contains useful information
Old 02-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #23
a-s-silvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
a-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymorea-s-silvia is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to a-s-silvia
I relocated every fuse and relay including control units into the passenger quarter panel I am currently converting the stock relays and fuses to an actual circuit board system that cleans up all of the unnecessary powers and grounds.