Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
IRN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
IRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GODSPEED Coilovers

any first hand experience from anyone owning a set of these? they got for dirt on ebay.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 AM   #2
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
damn didn't even know they made those. honestly, i don't think ppl have really reviewed them yet. i know their intercoolers get some good reviews. i personally have their sway bars and they're decent for the price, nothing special. don't think i'd cheap out on coilovers though.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
IRN
Leaky Injector

IRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really niceIRN is just really nice
I was about to get their rucas and sway bar set and came across their coils. I just havent seen or heard of them ever. I already own a set of flex so im good. just curious about their quality.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Hmm, well if you got a project type car to throw them on, go for it. Wont know until you try them yourself, but, on the other hand you dont want them to crap out you either.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...spagenameZWDVW

IT'S OKAY THIS ISN'T A FOR SALE THREAD. DON'T PANIC

Quote:
Features:

- Spring Rates: 8kg Front and 6kg Rear

- Pillow Ball Upper Mounts.

- Rubber Dust Covers.

- Adjustable Ride Height

- Aggressive Spring Rates

- Single-Cylinder Design

- Aluminum Brackets

this one's $619 shipped. who's our guinea pig?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:39 AM   #6
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
hey they dont look too bad.. they have warrenty also. theres 2 types like megan has... and company hasnt had ne bad reviews other that there egay stuff.i have the sways and i love them!.

dual adjustable height and dampening... thats a pretty good deal over megan.

^^^click^^^
Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #7
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...QQcmdZViewItem

....and here's the version with 16 way dampening.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
GooseXRS
Zilvia Member

GooseXRS is on a distinguished road
if i could sell my kit i would probably buy them and let you all know. but that seems impossible. lol
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
More than likely they will dampen just like ever other cheap chinese coilover.

Shit isn't new. Yet you all keep posting the same generic stuff up. Like you are going to stumble upon a godsend and have 700 coilovers perform like 7k ones.

hahaha.

zilvia...

It's pointless to have six camber bolts per damper, because once you adjust them you'll have to remove two. per shock.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
GooseXRS
Zilvia Member

and the parade has been rained on. lol. I saw these and have been considering trying them but my other ish has to go first.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:56 AM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'll save you the agony.

Don't buy them.

But I mean who needs quality and performance.

When you can have low cost poor quality and, red.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #12
GooseXRS
Zilvia Member

ill take your word for it !ZAR! and I wont get them. You probably know better than me anyway.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #13
Ca_laurier
Zilvia Junkie

Ca_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to all
ya looks like they are produced by the same guys who make k-sports and form and functions

for the price its not bad, but it always comes back to: you get what you pay for
Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #14
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Ok I will be real honest and I know who manufatured those coilovers. I have a problem when people up the price so much. One of my guys that run our events here has them on his S13 and I will probably be able to get a better review on these once he hits the track.

Want to know where they got these from?

Here it is
http://www.emotorusa.com/suspension.asp

E Motor brings these over from the great land of somewhere

How did I reconginze these? The 3 Camber Adjust bolt things.
These were posted on our site as soon as the shipment arrived. I'll try to get some information on them.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #15
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
They look like the same design as Megan Racing stuff

Bor Chuan or w/e

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 01-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #16
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
they look like megan fronts with ksport/d2 rears.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #17
Edgar
Post Whore!

Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
they look like megan fronts with ksport/d2 rears.
My buddy Bill said they were feeling ok, you cant jump to conclusions just yet.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #18
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
My buddy Bill said they were feeling ok, you cant jump to conclusions just yet.
no im not im just pointing out an observation i have no problem with products megan and ksport make and peoples views differ base what they use their products for dd, track etc. id probably run these on a daily driver. Im actually interested in what your guy says cause a buddy of mine want was looking at a set for his s13.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I will only allow this thread to remain open as long as it is not the pissing contest that the others like it usually become.

And I write too!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
wow for the price these look a lot better than the nex coilovers you usually see on ebay. Hopefully they perform as well as they look.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #21
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
i checked this site out:

check out the cars under model

Model

Mitbusishi DSM

Honda civic/Fit

Honda S13/S14

Honda Acura

BMW

VW Golf

Audi

Mazda

K20/RSX

Toyota TC
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #22
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Haha, I had to read that like 3 times before it clicked.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #23
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboi View Post
i checked this site out:

check out the cars under model

Model

Mitbusishi DSM

Honda civic/Fit

Honda S13/S14

Honda Acura

BMW

VW Golf

Audi

Mazda

K20/RSX

Toyota TC
haha who knew I owned a honda.

I was thinking about getting some, as my coilovers now are blown and I need a cheap fix, but I know I'll get what I pay for, so im just going to save and get something else.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #24
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
these are nothing special, just more cheap ebay/china junk. They are shiny, and they allow you to adjust your ride height. that is about all they are good for.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #25
Edgar
Post Whore!

lol probably a typo
Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #26
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
i was gonna say just get megans since its good quality for the money but....... then i looked at the god speed coilovers price. if they perform just as well as me gans for about 2/3rds the cost of a megans then i say get the god speeds... only problem is, they are new. if you try them, good luck.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I actually have them on my car and there not bad at all i took them up to Mt baldy and touged it down hill(very skeptical about it thinking they would break and i would die...lol but shit you can die just about anywhere in socal) and there pretty decent(i havent adjusted to low because i wanted to see how it would be first.break em in,) I have it on a 2 1/2 inch drop. On the roads they were not really bouncy like ones i have had before, they are just like the megan drifts if you ask me(had those too) but the copy is from the apex N1 model. Yes i was the guinea pig for there full suspension set up and shit for the price (free) you think i turn that down....hell nah! lol. But overall there like megans. Heres the picture proof.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/djdaze/project%20s13point5/s135026.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t5/s135021.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t5/s135018.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t5/s135020.jpg
Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
robtheflyer

robtheflyer is making his/her stupidity well-knownrobtheflyer is making his/her stupidity well-knownrobtheflyer is making his/her stupidity well-knownrobtheflyer is making his/her stupidity well-knownrobtheflyer is making his/her stupidity well-known
I tried to ask questions and start a thread about these a month ago, but a moderator locked my thread before anyone would respond. I would say someone with a budget project should try them? Tax time is around the corner anyway right? Well, here's hoping that someone is brave enough to give them a try.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #29
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i dont own any godspeed stuff but a friend of mine put one of their aluminum raidiators in his twin turbo supra and it seems alright. one thing i must say the look nice but are dirt cheep. 500 bucks is pretty cheep..... i dont know if i trust 'em but if you get em let us know how they ride
Old 01-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #30
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
hmm well ill have thesquidd drive it around and maybe he can shine his input on this as well.
Closed Thread