Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
93s13wa

Trader Rating: (0)
93s13wa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question injector help!!! video attached!

240sx injector problem help - YouTubeengine:

ka24de
year:1993-s13 HB

okay so i have been having this shuttering issue at 1/2-3/4 throttle

I recently found out the PO removed my egr valve? near the external coil and my coil is just sitting there limp not connected ...im not too worried about that because i just realized a bigger problem!!!

I just installed my walbro 255... improved the shutter or maybe i thought it did..

just replaced the gas filter... improved but still shitty bogging down and helped my idle...

so i decided to pop the hood and i started playing with plugs and connectors

so i unpaged the first fuel injector front to back (me on the intake side)

and it bogged and almost stalled ...good injector..

now the second...still boggs down

now the 3rd...DOES NOTHING I EVEN REV IT ?!?!?!?!

What does this mean 240sx injector problem help - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">240sx injector problem help - YouTube&fs=1" />240sx injector problem help - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=240sx injector problem help - YouTube
93s13wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It means cylinder 3 is not working. Did you check 4 also? You also have to determine if it's fuel or spark. Listen to the injector plugged and unplugged with a hose or screwdriver to your ear. Do another power balance test using the plug wires.
There are other ways to test, look them up . scale 1-10 fix and repair is a 2 good luck

Sent from a Highly Tuned SIII using Tapatalk HD

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
93s13wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
It means cylinder 3 is not working. Did you check 4 also? You also have to determine if it's fuel or spark. Listen to the injector plugged and unplugged with a hose or screwdriver to your ear. Do another power balance test using the plug wires.
There are other ways to test, look them up . scale 1-10 fix and repair is a 2 good luck

what exactly am I listening, just a difference of it plugged vs un plugged am i listening for the gas quirting in the injector..; sorry if its a newb question...

thanks a lot
-Dom
Old 08-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
93s13wa

okay i just tested holding a screwdriver to my ear and they are all ticking the same just num 3 is still not causing any idle issue when unplugged?

also tested 4 boggs the idle unplugged p.o. said he replaced them? they look used...

any suggestions spark maybe but how do i test that thank you guys so much best forum ever!!!

-Dom
Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Take out number 3 spark plug swap it with 1, 2 or 4, do another power balance test. Or check for spark any other way.

This is what you're probably looking at, injector, spark plug, plug wires. So test those things.
By swapping the known working with the non working. When the problem changes cylinders you've found the problem.
Worst case remove rail, and visually see if the injector is firing.
You could have no compression in that cylinder, but I wish that on no one, check the other stuff first.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
93s13wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
Take out number 3 spark plug swap it with 1, 2 or 4, do another power balance test. Or check for spark any other way.

This is what you're probably looking at, injector, spark plug, plug wires. So test those things.
By swapping the known working with the non working. When the problem changes cylinders you've found the problem.
Worst case remove rail, and visually see if the injector is firing.
You could have no compression in that cylinder, but I wish that on no one, check the other stuff first.

thanks ill try that today!!