Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
AarenNinja
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AarenNinja is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Seat rail height questions!

Ok so I was wondering about my eye level height with Buddy Club super low seat rails! I have a big concern before installing them, I'm only 5"6 or 5"7 and I'm wondering would I be able to even see over the steering wheel lol? Please gimme a heads up before I install them, have Bride reclining seats btw!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Hiighboost2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
Hiighboost2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hiighboost2
You will be able to see just fine.
Even tho they claim to be "super low" your head will hit on the ceiling with a helmet on.

Instagram @hiighboost @iasperformance
Hiighboost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
AarenNinja
Leaky Injector

LMAO WHEWWWWWW!! Ahaha thanks man I was worried I wouldn't be able to see over the pop ups.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Agree with the above, my buddy club "super low down" rails are anything but. You should be fine.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You shouldn't be able to see over the dash anyways, mount the seat to the floor and only look out the side windows.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Yeah, I'm 5'9" and sat way too high with buddy club rails, using the lowest mounting positions front and back. I have a Sparco Corsa seat, and had to take the butt padding out so I wouldn't be sitting too high.
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have individual side mount's that are in the L shape rather than the one piece design or the 7 shaped individuals flip the back bracket to point downwards rather than upwards and you can get the seat even lower if need be.
EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
AarenNinja
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
Yeah, I'm 5'9" and sat way too high with buddy club rails, using the lowest mounting positions front and back. I have a Sparco Corsa seat, and had to take the butt padding out so I wouldn't be sitting too high.
Good thing I bought the recliners I thought this was gonna happen to me but I'm fine now. I thought I wouldn't see over the dash lol.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
One key thing people dont realise when mounting bucket seats is the heigh positions on side mount rails. Using the lowest position on the front and back mounts will end up sitting higher than choosing a taller mount on the front, effectively leaning the bucket seat back, and gaining more headroom. Or in the case of the better rails with individual L brackets, mounting the rear brackets underneath the rail itself for maximum low.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote