Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #151
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Shitty pic, my second time out with my fnx-9 standing at 15 yards, about 50 rounds

n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #152
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightouge View Post
Not in california. both of you would have to meet up at a gun shop and have them do the paperwork.
once you pay for the gun and dros fees, you have to wait 10 days while they do a background check, then pick up the firearm.
haha.
buying a gun here is like getting a kute new pair of shoes.
"does this one fit? how about this one? do you want me to wrap it up or are you going to wear it out?"
Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #153
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
YouTube - Good guy 1, Bad guy 0, CCW in action unedited

yay for Ohio, bad guy gets F--Ked, good guy doesnt get sued.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #154
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
WOOT!

*not actual pic. Too lazy to produce cell phone pictures

Colt HBAR

Sighted in for a novice at 800 yards with iron sights...............
Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #155
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post

Um.. what exactly is a 223 going to do at 800 yards.. and unless you live in grass lands and shoot coyotes what are you going to do with that setup?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #156
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just what I was thinking.
Unless he's just having fun plinking at 800 yards.

Hell, my scoped bolt action rifle is only sighted in for 100 yards.

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #157
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Just picked up this Sig 556 Pistol with red dot. This thing is tiny!

Anyone know the normal turnaround for tax stamps?
ziptiedae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #158
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
My Sig 556er w/bushnell sight

H&K P2000 w/TLR-3

The only pic i have with my H&K USP .40

on the LEFT 44. mag,357 mag, 357 mag,Tec 9, RIGHT 9mm Baretta, and again the p2000

My three China AK's soon to be modded

yes all are safety cheaked
Old 09-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #159
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Gonna purchase some way more intersting guns now that I live in OR. Cali's selection sucked.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #160
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

firm tofu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WOOT!

Colt HBAR

kind of pointless unless your shooting .308, i just did the 25 revised improved battlesight zero (RIBZ) with carry handle, supposedly works to 600 but havent got try shoot that yet.

Quote:
Recently picked up a saiga, trying to piece all the parts for the full ak47 conversion.
i'd keep the sporting feature and do the mag conversion. i hate those bullet buttons.
firm tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #161
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
I might just get a monsterman kind of grip becaus I really don't want a bullet button.

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #162
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
WOOT!

*not actual pic. Too lazy to produce cell phone pictures

Colt HBAR

Im calling bullshit, Get the fuck out of here with that. You apparently have no idea how far 800yrds is. at 800 yrds a 12" target looks like the tip of a pen almost.

I went out this weekend with my buddies .308 which is SETUP for long distance. We worked our way back to 500 yrds. This is with a 1700 dollar scope and some math.

You aint doing that shit without a scope. GTFO

*edit for add. .223 can really only be accurate to about 500yrds, anything past that your lobbing shit in the air.

BTW Surge S14, nice guns!

I'll get around to posting mine soon enough.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #163
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I might just get a monsterman kind of grip becaus I really don't want a bullet button.
if your on CGN the solartac grip feels a lot better, i just feel the MMG is angled to weird. i want to do a ak pistol build next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777 View Post
Im calling bullshit, Get the fuck out of here with that. You apparently have no idea how far 800yrds is. at 800 yrds a 12" target looks like the tip of a pen almost.
could have sighted in with the elevation wheel so when he clicks up it can "go to" 800. i still havent seen anyone go to 800 with 223.. 600 is probably the best you can get with that round.

if i wanted to shoot that far id probably consider 308, 6.5, 6.8, or just go all out and get .338.. then again, i couldnt afford half of that glass.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #164
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
could have sighted in with the elevation wheel so when he clicks up it can "go to" 800. i still havent seen anyone go to 800 with 223.. 600 is probably the best you can get with that round.

if i wanted to shoot that far id probably consider 308, 6.5, 6.8, or just go all out and get .338.. then again, i couldnt afford half of that glass.
I dont care how he thinks he "sighted" it in, i can guarantee he didnt sight it in iron sight at 800yrds, i would be willing to bet he didnt even sight it in at 800 ft! (roughly 250yrds)

bah, im done with it, there always be that person.

Oh btw, just sighted my .22 in at a mile and a half. Killed a brown bear with the shot.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #165
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
so i bought a shotgun, a Mossberg 88, and it's a pretty cool guy. but now i'd lke a 9mm pistol. i'm leaning towards a Springfield Armory XD, but i'm going to shoot a Glock 17 before buying anything. any of you guys have either?
You should def. check out xdtalk.com. There's alot of good info on both the xd and glock-even some well thought out discussions about them.
Personally, I own an xd9 sub compact:

I've put approx. 1000 rounds through it, with my only FTF stemming from limp wristing it. I've shot Glock's 9mm compact(slightly bigger then mine) and I actually shoot better, but I wouldn't trade my xd for anything-same reliability and approx 100.00 difference @ the time made up my mind for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenboundkevin View Post
one issue (and a lot of people have this) the rear sight "spacing" is too wide for the front. it looks like | # | ideally id want it to look like |#| make sense?

and ziptiedae86. lol at the zombie target/gun placement.
I agree with your statement on the sights-I'm a decent shot, but I like the sights on the Glock better, the rear sights look like this:
|_| with a larger . for the front.

Pics of the arsenal from the last time I went out:
My xd is the one to the right with the 16rd magazine in it, it came with a 10rd magazine, which makes the gun just a little bigger than my hand.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #166
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
anyone one have any experinece with the Bushmaster Carbon 15? there is a sale starting tomorrow thinking of getting one

from what i can tell the Carbon ones have come a long way since they were 1st introduced. just wanted zilvia's opinion on it. i already have a DPMS AR. but given the price and it doenst hurt to have another AR figured id give it a shot...(pun intended lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #167
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What is the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #168
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

There starting at around $650 I believe. I heard you can shoot them out pretty quickly. But thats only what i've heard havent really read up on them as i havent really been impressed.

Starting my AR build here soon 24" .308, bullbarrel, Magpul RPS stock, NightForce scope...
Old 09-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #169
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
What is the price?
yea cabelas has a sale starting today, 650 with a bushnell red dot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777 View Post
There starting at around $650 I believe. I heard you can shoot them out pretty quickly. But thats only what i've heard havent really read up on them as i havent really been impressed.

Starting my AR build here soon 24" .308, bullbarrel, Magpul RPS stock, NightForce scope...
im not sure i understand what u mean, "shoot them out pretty quickly"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #170
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

the only reason i'd buy a bushmaster or a colt would be for resale value.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #171
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
im not sure i understand what u mean, "shoot them out pretty quickly"...
All barrels have an X number of rounds life span, The better the material the more rounds it can withstand. Obviously this changes with some variables: IE, weather, care of barrel, rounds put in barrel, strength of rounds.

Get it?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #172
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

i'd say you'd have to put a lot of work to do that to an AR, then again i own a stag so its apples and oranges.

how much are you planning to shoot a month?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #173
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
My Dpms .223.

One of 40 guns me and my dad own. When I get back home i'll get pic's of them all. This is the only gun that is 'truely' mine.
.223 can't hit 800 yrds accurately..Furthest I have tried with my scope is 200yrds.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #174
FlatDrftCJS
Leaky Injector

FlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to allFlatDrftCJS is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
My Dpms .223.

One of 40 guns me and my dad own. When I get back home i'll get pic's of them all. This is the only gun that is 'truely' mine.
.223 can't hit 800 yrds accurately..Furthest I have tried with my scope is 200yrds.
looks like you have a bullet drop compensator on your nc star scope. Does each mark for 200, 300, 400 and 500 hit close enough? Or is it way off that you can't use the mil dots to compensate?
FlatDrftCJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #175
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatDrftCJS View Post
looks like you have a bullet drop compensator on your nc star scope. Does each mark for 200, 300, 400 and 500 hit close enough? Or is it way off that you can't use the mil dots to compensate?
Good eye on naming it. my BDC is 100,200,300,400,500. I have used only up to 200yrds and I split a cig in half. I also have a rangefinder in the scope. So far it has hit dead on.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #176
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
and I split a cig in half.
isthisreallife.jpg
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #177
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenboundkevin View Post
isthisreallife.jpg
What? He asked how accurate it was,I told him.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #178
firm tofu
Leaky Injector

i want an acog, but i never shoot past 100. if i bought an acog i'd feel bad that it was on a ar because who puts a acog on an ak? then again, if i had the cash i'd probably build another ak or save up for a m1 garand.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #179
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by n240sxfnatic View Post
Shitty pic, my second time out with my fnx-9 standing at 15 yards, about 50 rounds

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.... Just sayin..... I can count like 26-28 holes before considering the huge gaping holes..... Not a chance.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #180
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

What did he do that is so outrageous? I can do that with my 45 also? Not all that special, its only 15 yrds.

its just a 9mm, it doesnt kick