Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #91
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Aw, Im sad about the ls3 route, but I cant wait to see the new bumper on the car!

Last edited by Pandapants; 12-14-2010 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: i mean ls3!
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #92
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this will be a radical build forsure! good luck!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #93
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14freak93901 View Post
not a fan of V8's but at the end of the day its going to be more reliable then a build SR.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14freak93901 View Post
did i ever say he had problems with his SR? no!

i was stating my opinion like everyone else.

think about it. you think a built SR would be more reliable then a stock LS if it was tracked?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Jesus, I'm gone for one day and this thread is blowing up. I knew I couldn't leave you guys home alone.

I'll be answering a lot of the questions asked, I just need to finish my reply to about 20 quotes.

For what it's worth, I don't want everyone to agree with what I'm doing. I just want people to appreciate the final product and the work that went into it. So Teddy, keep on thinking how you think man... I like hearing everyone's opinions!

Keep the reply's and bickering coming... it makes for a fun thread as long as it doesn't get out of control.
Good attitude. No matter what you do it will be very nice I am sure. I actually love LSX's so I can't really understand why I'm dissappointed you chose this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post
I only know one thing. If I'd have posted up that I was going to put a v8 in my car, the thread would've been closed in a heartbeat. Somehow because this car is cleaner than mine and the guy is well known, it's allowed to stay open and get three pages (and who knows how more) before it gets closed.

What should've happened. For sale thread for original posters motor, then once some parts and actual build are going on, by all means start a build thread.

Really now zilvia, let's abide by the rules that you all created in the first place.....come on now.
True, but we all know the world is a biased place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Hey i was wondering if you could price out the ls3 engine and trans when you start the build, curious to see how much those run. Always a fan of your work.

And teddy, jealousy is a biatch.
LOL, Teddy has an R32 sedan. He makeh me jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
this will be a radical build forsure! good luck!
Agreed.

That Aero bumper is stupid clean.
This will remind me of that red coupe from Canada with stock body and wide fenders. So sick. Please supercharge this.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #94
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Gonna have to jump in here and say +1 on the supercharge this idea. After witnessing Nackers z33 when he first brought it out to O'reilly once the supercharger was installed...all I can say is that I've never heard another import that even compares to it =p.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #95
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Are you retarded? No offense, just wondering.
Hhahahahhahahahaha, Teddy, I feel like we should be friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed180 View Post
Fuck sakes.
3 pages, and only ONE post from Broadfield.

Zilvia fail.

Keep your damn mouths shut until the build is complete.
I agree, I don't really want to have to go through 5 billion pages to look at the build.

Are you putting this on your blog Toby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
that areo bumper is nice but... you're car wants VERTEX.

^______^
NO.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #96
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
V8 in a 240 makes such much sense. dollard for dollard you cannot beat it.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #97
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240sx View Post
V8 in a 240 makes such much sense. dollard for dollard you cannot beat it.
So true, that's why mine's getting LS2 here in a month, and I'll start the thread when I'm actually doing something on it.

[Quote=OBEEWON]True, but we all know the world is a biased place.[QUOTE]

So we're admitting guilt then offering watered down excuses now......wonderful.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #98
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Why not LS7 Crate motor? Cost/performance ratio? I think the only reliability mod needed would be accusump/dry sump. You're gonna need bigger tires!
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #99
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbee View Post
So true, that's why mine's getting LS2 here in a month, and I'll start the thread when I'm actually doing something on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON
True, but we all know the world is a biased place.
So we're admitting guilt then offering watered down excuses now......wonderful.

I was agreeing with you.

BUT

You should quit whining.

P.S. - I call B.S on your LS2 unless you start a build thread on it.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #100
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

You should quit whining.

P.S. - I call B.S on your LS2 unless you start a build thread on it.

haha, true on the whining, although to me I was just making a point.

I will have a build thread when I have enough parts to start one. So far I have the car and the LS2 so now it's all the in between stuff.

Broadfield's car is definitely going to be clean. Can't wait to see it take off. Someone buy his motor already!
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #101
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Badass Toby! Awesome to see this becoming v8 based. I get a kick out of these guys on here saying stay SR or go this or go that...it's your car and you're obviously going about it how you want to.

*sigh*...someday my SR will explode and I can go v8 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
Why not LS7 Crate motor? Cost/performance ratio? I think the only reliability mod needed would be accusump/dry sump. You're gonna need bigger tires!
LS7 crate costs are utterly rediculous from GM...granted they make power, and are reliable, but the simple fact is that a ls3 based setup can darn near make equal pwoer (don't get me wrong those cubes would be nice) but at much less cost!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #102
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

LS7 is a demon motor. I lubz it.

Toby,
Can I call you Kunta Kinte?
make a new thread whenever you get started, this ones dirty.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #103
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post

Yeah, a crate LS7 is $13000 ... twice the price of the LS3. We'll see on the tires. I have 285's out back, so not bad. I think it will hook okay actually. I think the 400whp turbo setup is actually worse because of the shock on the drivetrain/tires when the turbo hits. The V8 which be very linear. We'll see.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #104
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
is this car going to have a/c?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #105
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
is this car going to have a/c?
Absolutely!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #106
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
LS7 is a demon motor. I lubz it.

Toby,
Can I call you Kunta Kinte?
make a new thread whenever you get started, this ones dirty.
Many have called me that, so feel free

I'm not too worried about the thread. I didn't make it just to show the build... I wanted there to be discussion about it also. Which there is obviously plenty of that.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #107
Dr.Fate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Dr.Fate is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chi-town stand up! arrgggh I wish I was at home in the Chi! I would have paid your kid collage and your little girls wedding if I was at home!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #108
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Who ever said they're anti-V8 are fanboys. If there is legitimate reasoning behind it, it's your car and your money and I wish you the best of luck. Everything you seem to touch is fiyuh. And for those who said the SR is going to be more reliable than the V8 is nuts. How is a turbo motor with much more aspects to it going to be more reliable than a LS that is made to take high horsepower?

Toby, do you. I saw your car's other build thread following it the whole way to the magazine feature which is sitting like a bible in my room. Can't wait to see the custom things you got going on with this thing.

Oh, give me some of the parts off that SR of yours.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #109
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This thread is four pages long and all that's been annouced was that he's going V8! Epic thread!!!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #110
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
posted a pic of the bumper too
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #111
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
are you going to use the s13 dcc??

can i make a suggestion?

use z34 controls
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #112
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Siberian Husky is on a distinguished road
im subscribing to this and copying everything you do!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #113
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Toby is gay and his car sucks.

I hear so much crying. Call the fucking wambulance already.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #114
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait to watch this come together. I'm planning on the same swap using GM's E-rod LS3 setup in hopes of making it carb legal here in California.

It may be a steep entry price but when you consider the advantages I think its well worth it.

GM Performance 19244805 - GM Performance LS3 6.2L E-Rod Crate Engines - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #115
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

This...would decimate all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
are you going to use the s13 dcc??

can i make a suggestion?

use z34 controls

This
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #116
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstl_pete View Post
Can't wait to watch this come together. I'm planning on the same swap using GM's E-rod LS3 setup in hopes of making it carb legal here in California.

It may be a steep entry price but when you consider the advantages I think its well worth it.

GM Performance 19244805 - GM Performance LS3 6.2L E-Rod Crate Engines - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Nice Peter! Yes, I'm doing the GM crate motor, but lucky for me I don't need it to pass any emissions. So I'm doing this one along with a set of long tube headers and pretty open exhaust:

LS376/480 HP 6.2L CrateEngine with HotCam 19244549 - Crate Engine Depot

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #117
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Nice Peter! Yes, I'm doing the GM crate motor, but lucky for me I don't need it to pass any emissions. So I'm doing this one along with a set of long tube headers and pretty open exhaust:

LS376/480 HP 6.2L CrateEngine with HotCam 19244549 - Crate Engine Depot
My old ls2 s14 had LT headers and an exhaust and passed emissions and got over 23 mpg im sure you could pass
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #118
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HEY....

...Goodluck.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #119
Slideways74
Leaky Injector

Slideways74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeing as how your buying a crate engine, you're going to need a power steering pump and a A/C pump. I happen to have the A/C pump left over from my swap. Let me know if you want it.

Sick build, cant wait to see how it comes out.
Slideways74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #120
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways74 View Post
Seeing as how your buying a crate engine, you're going to need a power steering pump and a A/C pump. I happen to have the A/C pump left over from my swap. Let me know if you want it.

Sick build, cant wait to see how it comes out.
Thanks man! I'll most likely just get the accessory kit from the same place I'm getting the motor. For around $750 you get the alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump, power steering reservoir, all brackets, belts, pulleys, tensioners etc.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds