Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #61
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly

i want
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #62
Project "Rojo" s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Project "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her selfProject "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her selfProject "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
still skating been going four 4years and just broke my collar bone in 2 places july 17 still going strong though skecthy as crap, will show pics of my tweaked arm sooon. at least i have my car to fall upon
Old 09-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #63
SmokeCircle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SmokeCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i've been skating for about 4 years now...here are a couple of pics...

360 flip

boned ollie

SmokeCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #64
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
I used to skate arlington skate park back in the day when they first opened. loved the big 3.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 AM   #65
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
shiet, might as well put my old set up from
2 years ago

-7.5 mystery Ryan Smith pro deck
-7.5 black venture's
-50' ricta wheels
-bones swiss barings
-diamond hardware
-jessup grip tape i think

i use'd to skate soo much. i have some pics
ive taken of my friends since i was the photographer/filmer

-makua[ace]
808_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #66
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
you're not good unless you ride at least an 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
I used to skate arlington skate park back in the day when they first opened. loved the big 3.
tucson is the shit for skating... downtown is legendary
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #67
hassanbakar123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hassanbakar123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
YouTube - tre tail grab
me some old stuff
2 years ago? i like tailgrabs i can do alot of stuff to tailgrab
i don't really skate that much...my dumb friends are in love
hassanbakar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #68
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I still maintain that people only skate till they can drive.

That's why most people stop when they are 16-18.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #69
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
you're not good unless you ride at least an 8

tucson is the shit for skating... downtown is legendary
I think im done skating handrails and jumping down shit. Got too much going on in my life right now to get hurt, so I think Im just going to stick to skate parks once or twice a week.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #70
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
^thats what i do. but there is a sweet three stair I'd like to hit up....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #71
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

YouTube - Fort Belvoir Montage
Lookie what I found. BTW, I have green shoes.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #72
red89rps13
Zilvia Member

red89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond reputered89rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to red89rps13
neighbor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC59mAF3bXA

brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HA07Gq9rXM

im always skating around, if anyone is down to hit up 65th street in norco or any other park for that matter send me a pm.
red89rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #73
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
no one else on the east coast skates?

GHEY!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #74
Shmex
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Shmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shmex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sdoitsidewyz View Post
i skated for about 8 years then one day i just stopped earlier this year but once it starts coolin down i might pick it up again cuz here in nola its hot and humid as hell

and my setup is
deck:enjoy panda 7.5
trucks:black and yellow tensor lows
wheels: darkstar 53mm
bearings:reds
hardware:shortys
grip:generic jessip
Dude I got the same board as you cept its new, and still in the shrink wrapping.

I'm riding on a local shops board, nice conave with 7.75, venture trucks, black panther abec 5's, darkstar 52mm wheels....

Hitting abadoned pools is my thing....bandanas flannels and skate board decks, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!

I've been skating or in the skate scene for 10 years....I rmeeber when a dope ass line in a video consited of a flat ground backside 180, to switch 5_0 a 9 stair....

I remeber skating when it wasn't a trend, and before tony hawks came out and ruined our scene.....well not really ruined....just made us old schoolers look bad cuz the kids skating nowadays, you woulda never of seen what they're were doing back then....

All time favorite shoes.....emerica reynolds 1 and 3, and koston 1's by Es.....I remeber when nike didn't make skate shoes and its all about ANDREW REYNOLDS!!!! And emerica and baker teams good, but arcade boards was the shit!
Old 09-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #75
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
lol ARCADE...... S.A.D.

funny shit
Old 09-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #76
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

OLD? wtf are you talking about. Just do what i did. When little kids started flipping into rails, just do manuals and shit. Little kids can throw themselves down rails and stairs, but lets see em do some flip in flip out shit.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #77
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Figured this thread was overdue for a bump.

My setup is:

Deck - Think
Wheels - Spitfire
Trucks - Venture
Bearing - Swiss Bones
Grip - Shop.
Bushings - Doh boy blacks.

I want to try smaller/slicker wheels for easier sliding as well as I lighter trucks.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #78
PF ALL DAY
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
PF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PF ALL DAY
I skated for a year and a half in early high school. Now I'm on and off. I catch a few sessions every now and then with BobaFreak and some other dicks at the 626 Zilvia meet. It's iight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I want to try smaller/slicker wheels for easier sliding as well as I lighter trucks.

Any suggestions?
Bones STF's. Shit's slide for days.
PF ALL DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #79
kablam

kablam is an unknown quantity at this point
Jim Cardiel Anti-Hero 8.0
Krux Downlows (rainbow)
Spitfire classics
Spitfire Risers
Bones ceramic bearings
Faith Skate and Supply Grip (local shop)

i got a nash board when i was 6. i'm 18 now and i've never quit for long. i'm not skating much right now because it's humid as shit in alabama and i got pretty thrashed a little bit ago trying to varial flip a ten stair.
kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 PM   #80
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF ALL DAY View Post
Bones STF's. Shit's slide for days.
Thanks a lot. I'm going to pick a set of these up.

Any suggestions for lighter trucks?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #81
Shmex
Nissanaholic!

Shmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfectionShmex is close to perfection
Light trucks would hav to be either tensor trucks, or ventures, grindkings as well. I've skated a lot of different trucks best were the original tensors, and ventures. Royals were okay, hurricane trucks are heavy as shit, and since I never had much tools I never messed around wtih GK trucks....

That's true aobut flipping in and out of tricks. Shit I was never good at manuals. I have an 11 second clip of me skating the west la courthouse on myspace....awww my fav places to skate...VENICE GRAFFITI PITS, UCLA, COURTHOUSE. All legendary places for us westside skater. And beverely high....metro banks...I was pissed when they tore it down. Damn ilovbed that spot....

Oh and SAD yeah man last time I saw him sakting around was at some lil bank in inglewood....we used to skate with all the hotrod skateshop guys, and daniel haney, steve hernandez, and I've seen way to many pros just skating...

I remeber when me and a bunch of us west la skater were at hmailton highschool, and they were shooting a part for thr 411 video magazine....couple pros there marc johnson and such. Dude 4 swaud cars blocked the entrance off, and all of us scatter and ended up all runnign to the same fence. About 30 of us a 20 foot long fence and one hole. It was comedy seeing that on 411....
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #82
PF ALL DAY
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
PF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to beholdPF ALL DAY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PF ALL DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Thanks a lot. I'm going to pick a set of these up.

Any suggestions for lighter trucks?
I've always skated Indy's since day 1. The stage 9's last a long time and are pretty light. I always cared more about durability.

I'm not sure what the lightest trucks are right now (I'm sure there are plenty). But I'm sure the guys at your local skate shop can give you more tips on that.
PF ALL DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #83
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Yeah. I have Venture's right now. I heard there are some light weight versions.

Bah.

I have internet. Time to start searching around again.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #84
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I miss skating. I used to be so good. Perfect nollie heel-hardflips all day long. Super tech shit, being that Rodney Mullen, Daewon Song, and Eric Koston were my idols.

I usually ran Flip, Scum, or Renaissance decks, Spitfire wheels, Black Panther bearings, and either GK or Destructo trucks.

Shoes... DVS Revival or eS Kostons (the OG K1 Kostons... fuck the ones that look like running shoes. lol)

Parks Junior High in Fullerton was my primary stomping ground - any other the LA/OC skaters, or any fan of the Blind videos should know that spot. Perfect ledges, tons of HUGE stair sets, rails... Fucking heaven.

Stupid fubar'd knees and ankles...
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.

Last edited by soreballz; 09-23-2008 at 01:04 AM..
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 AM   #85
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Yeah... I tore my acl once skating.

Just recently tore it again. So I'm wearing a brace while I skate. Until I get the surgery again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1YlsdqolVo

This kid is a G.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #86
Antihero983
Post Whore!

gind king trucks are awesome for the simple fact that they kingpins are indestructable, and if i remember correctly, theyre guarunteed not to break.

I wanted to skate last night, but I had to stay late at work to do some shit the beetle.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #87
Shmex
Nissanaholic!

Dude I forgot about destructos wich is stupid cuz they're my fav truck, yet I forgot to mention them. Lightwieght plus antislip axel protection and is the only truck that has a kingpin shorter than most. Its so you don't grind the shit outta the kingpin....
Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #88
Antihero983
Post Whore!

going to the park tonight....I'll be sore and content tomorrow!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #89
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I used to skate in highschool. I stopped for about three years then tried skating a few weeks ago. I was never very good to start with but man I suck now.

Heelflips seem impossible to me now.
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #90
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
gind king trucks are awesome for the simple fact that they kingpins are indestructable, and if i remember correctly, theyre guarunteed not to break.
Seriously. I TRIED to break em. Couldn't. I'd grind them all the way to the axle, then smash the fuck out of them with a hammer in hopes of breaking them so I could get a new set for free... NEVER worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmex View Post
Dude I forgot about destructos wich is stupid cuz they're my fav truck, yet I forgot to mention them. Lightwieght plus antislip axel protection and is the only truck that has a kingpin shorter than most. Its so you don't grind the shit outta the kingpin....
Word.

OH! Add Fury to the list of awesome trucks.

Anyone remember Titan Ti-lites?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote