Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #2011
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Unfortunately I haven't gotten a ton done on the car lately due to conflicting schedules with my welder and just being busy with life in general. Here's a small update anyway though:

Supplies from Summit arrived for prepping the bay for paint. Thanks to Toby for all of the advice on materials and the process:

Strut tower area braces removed, rust cleaned up. Circles are from where I got a little too rowdy with the spot weld removal bit:

Primed with DupliColor weld through primer. I am in the process of making new braces out of 18 GA steel that will be welded in place next week:

That's where it sits right now. My welder-bro can't make it out again for about a week, so I am going to try to start on the filler in the areas that are welded up and ground down a couple of nights this week if I get a chance. I've got a cold starting up and a busy weekend away from home, but hopefully I will make some progress this week anyway.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #2012
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dude puppy is getting mad big!!! haha looking great so far man!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #2013
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Flossin....
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #2014
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Great work Damon, I'm sure the bay will look super fresh after it's done, with Toby overseeing you and all...
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #2015
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
How's the Huskie for an Indoor Dog? I've only read stuff about them needing a ton of exercise, so was curious. Love the look of them.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #2016
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
How's the Huskie for an Indoor Dog? I've only read stuff about them needing a ton of exercise, so was curious. Love the look of them.
They are awesome dogs! My girlfriend and I have 2, a male(2) and female(6). I would feel bad about not having a yard for them to run in. I built a privacy fence in ours so they could play and not jump it and run away lol. These are the two best dogs I have ever had!

mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #2017
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i wish huskies didn't shed, they seem like bad ass mothers
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #2018
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
i wish huskies didn't shed, they seem like bad ass mothers
I don't even think shed is the word for it haha. I'm just glad we have wood floors.

Cody, you can get a Klee Kai. Its a miniature Husky. Just be prepared to shell out some dough!
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #2019
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Prove It is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wool floors* haha
Prove It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #2020
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
yea i would rather get a miniature husky, i seen one at the dog park when i took my dogs out.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #2021
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
I think ours was the runt of the litter- he seems to be maxed out at 45 lbs, which I am told is small for a male Siberian Husky. To be honest, we don't exercise ours nearly enough and I always feel bad about it. We have a big back yard, but we are not allowed to have fences- so he has to chill on a metal rope.

They for sure like to get into things if you aren't watching them- even for a couple of minutes. In the last two weeks he has sniped three pounds of raw chicken from a bowl that was thawing in the sink, and four pieces of cake with saran wrap on them- he ate the saran wrap and everything. I've seen him hop onto our counter (all fours) and our washing machine without even a walking start- he just hops up there effortlessly. Pretty insane to watch.

Overall, I love him to death and wouldn't trade him for the world. I just feel bad that my wife and I have to work all day and he is in his 15x5 ft chain link run in the basement all day. Living outdoors or with someone that is home all the time would be the best thing for a Husky IMO.

*Car News*

I ended up staying home today with a cold bug that is going around. Hoping to hit it and get to some filler on Thursday night.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #2022
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Impressive looking work Damon! If I were back home i'd probably be giving you a hand!
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #2023
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i say time for agressive
30mm overs + slight front fender pull + wider wheels + tubs + suspension links
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #2024
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ haha, nahhh I don't think so.

I removed my entire Q45 front brake setup last night and put them up for sale- I've got something new in the works. Finally excited to have some larger brakes on the car, even if it is just for looks- I really liked the way the Q45 brakes performed. Get at me if you are looking for a nice setup for a good price!

After pulling the brakes, I dropped the front coilovers and began scuffing the bay. So far so good!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #2025
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
PMU? bosshog
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #2026
chiboy002
Post Whore!

fuck PMU, better be endless
Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #2027
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
PMu is garbage. Just like TE's and ganadors.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #2028
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
He got K-sport brakes.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #2029
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Come to Jersey so we can play.

super no homo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #2030
AWDtoyota
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
AWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Please list the paint prepping supplies you purchased/using on the bay.
AWDtoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #2031
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

I removed my entire Q45 front brake setup last night and put them up for sale- I've got something new in the works.
Hooray, been waiting on this
Old 01-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #2032
Drift_This
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Drift_This is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Pass on PMU. Get Wilwood with the ASD dual rear caliper kit. Now that's boss hog!
Drift_This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #2033
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

lol, you guys are funny. It's not something as baller as PMU or Endless like I would really want, but I think it will end up being pretty nice. I'll post a picture when I pick them up tonight.

Here is a list of prep supplies for the bay:

Evercoat Rage Gold
Evercoat Metal Glaze
SEM Etching Primer
DupliColor Weld Through Primer
3M Gray and Red scuff pads
3M Bare Metal Seam Sealer

I bought all of those items from Summit at Toby's recommendation. I'll post up about the process as I go along. Right now, all I have only really used is the weld through primer on the strut towers and the red pad to scuff the bay down before starting on using any of the filler. I've still got some welding and grinding to finish next week before I really dive into these supplies.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #2034
AWDtoyota
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
AWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really niceAWDtoyota is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks.
Please do post up when you use the various products. I have never used some of those products before, so with your info I won't be going in blind...
AWDtoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #2035
chiboy002
Post Whore!

awesome thanks man

just bite the bullet and go endless
Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #2036
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
awesome thanks man

just bite the bullet and go endless
I approve this message...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #2037
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

haha, can't afford endless bros. Only endless diapers...

I picked up part of my new brake setup for this year from a local dude this weekend- Evo 8 Brembo front calipers, pads, and rotors. It's pretty crazy how much bigger they are than the Q45 brakes, which were bigger than the stock brakes. I am stoked to get these on the car!

I grabbed some crappy cell pics before I left for work this morning:

Evo 8 rotors vs. Q45 rotors:

I ordered the bracket kit to install them today, so I can test fit them when the brackets and hardware arrive. Before everything is finalized, I will install slotted rotors and some new pads, replace the seals in the calipers, and have the calipers painted or powdercoated. Not sure about color yet, but I will probably just go with gloss black.

As you guys probably know, I am running OEM rear brakes with Brembo blank rotors and Hawk HPS pads at the moment. I'm going to convert those to Z32 rears, so I need to start sourcing all the parts for that- if you have any of the Z32 stuff for sale, shoot me a PM!

My friend Mike is coming over tomorrow night to finish up all of the welding for me, so it will be awesome to have that portion of the bay completed. From there it will be all filler and body work to get it ready for paint.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #2038
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
^ i have a set of rear z32 calipers.. all they need are the seals. look at my f/s threads and pm me.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #2039
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice, I scooped up a pair of Evo Brembo's as well...You can't go wrong with running that setup! Great stopping power for your dollars!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #2040
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^ I'm hoping they work out well! I really could not pass them up for the price I found them for.

Quick cell shot on the way to work this morning. The bay is almost totally scuffed, and I finished shaping the strut tower pieces last night. Welding and grinding will be completed tonight!

CamryOnBronze.com