Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #31
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
There is no excuse for the shit welds on that crap. Its re colored ebay shit.

How could anyone in their right mind let that shit get coated? Let alone the person who welded it letting go to coating? fuck fuck fuck..............people will still buy this garbage and enjuku is just as shitty for selling it.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #32
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
you can't blame Enjuku for staying afloat. people don't pay for name brands anymore. but some QC would be nice.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
I just see it as a way of keeping the cost low, I could care less what it wrapped in.

Im paying for what comes inside, not what its wrapped with
Not putting it down. Just saying you overpaid for a repackaged Ebay product sold under a 'brand name.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
"isis" is rebranded chinese shit. people try to play it down, but that's what it is. not trying to nay-say Enjuku, but, it's hard to deny.
Exactly. Can't believe more people aren't seeing this. All of 'their' products are exactly identical to parts that are being sold on Ebay for cheaper, and have been sold on Ebay for years. And by identical I do not mean similar, I mean 100% 'every little detail matching obviously made in the same factory by the same machine' identical.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #34
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
I am really sorry that some of you feel that these are "Ebay" arms. I would have to COMPLETELY DISAGREE !!!

ISIS sent us their first set of arms quite a few months back and they were very similar to some of the other crappy ebay style ones out there. (NOT THE SAME, SIMILAR) We sent them back and told them what needed to happen and what to change on these arms.

you will not find these arms on Ebay PERIOD !!! (Unless we or another ISIS dealer puts them up there)

As for "rebranded chinese shit" look at the seat you are sitting on, look at the monitor you are looking at, the keyboard you are typing on. EVERYTHING is made in China/Asia. Just because something looks the same doesnt mean it is the same.

This type of conversation really gets me heated because i have personally put a lot into helping ISIS improve and provide a quality product at a great price.

Sincerely,
Ken Harrison
[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #35
myreds14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
myreds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ken- What are your (Enjuku) plans to ensure that quality remains consistent with these suspension arms?

I have a set of arms on the way, and after seeing the photos of the poor welds, I am concerned that I will recieve arms of the same quality. I hope that those are full penetration welds and just ugly on the surface...

I'll be sure to post up pictures and give a review.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Something you guys need to think about is something called "cost benefit analysis"

ISIS has never claimed to be the highest top end products on the market. However.......

We have sold almost 1000 ISIS Suspension arms. ZERO Failures. These are also on a Professional Formula Drift Car, numerous weekend drifters, plenty of street cars and doing great!!

By all means if someone wants Nasa quality welding I am sure we can find you a product to fit your needs. We sell everything from the highest end products down to some that are much lower than ISIS.

When ISIS came out we wanted to help them provide a quality product that withstands normal daily abuse and still be able to provide it at a GREAT PRICE.

I think ISIS does this hands down. I have been selling parts for over 10 years and ISIS is by far the best for the money in my personal oppinion.

If anyone has any more questions or comments please feel free to email me directly - [email protected]

Sincerely

Ken Harrison
[email protected]

Old 08-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #37
jusee

jusee is an unknown quantity at this point
anything on their coilover review?
jusee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #38
Eastside DriFto

Eastside DriFto is an unknown quantity at this point
If your that worried about weld qulity ,grind the welds down and re-weld them..I love isis..There intake mani ROCKS..
Eastside DriFto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #39
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusee View Post
anything on their coilover review?
We have been testing their coilovers for about 3 months now. So far the few people that are using them really like the ride quality and handling. The only complaint is the rear doesnt slam to the ground as much as some of the other brands out there. This is due to a taller rear spring than some others out there. We are working with them to produce a set that has a shorter rear spring.

One of the test vehicles is a Drift Demo car that does demos all over, and they like the way they feel. Another is just a daily driver and they are happy also. We have also sold a few sets recently and have had good response.

In no way will these compare to Stance, Tein, BC, Etc... These are a VERY BASIC Entry level coilover.

Honestly, i didnt want to sell them because i dont want to compete in the coilover market. But we have been getting a lot of response for people wanting an entry level coilover. just for the guy that needs to replace his stock blown struts, doesnt want to buy springs/struts, cant afford a big expensive set of coilovers, but wants to be able to have the adustabilty of coilovers.

The craftsmanship and quaitly are pretty nice on these, but they are what they are, A Basic set of coilovers. Nothing to special about them.

Thanks

Ken
[email protected]

Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 AM   #40
jusee

jusee is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the helpful response, do you know the max drop for the rear?
jusee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #41
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastside DriFto View Post
If your that worried about weld qulity ,grind the welds down and re-weld them..I love isis..There intake mani ROCKS..
If I wanted to that I'd have made my own arms with aurora ends.

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #42
Jeezy240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Jeezy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have everything on my s13. I daily/ drift my car. I beat my car and I have had them on my car for about 3 months. No problems. I'm running tien drift masters as low at they go. I think they are great. As for the guy that got bad welds, mine wernt like that. They were nice welds. I guess you got a bad batch
Jeezy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #43
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThaJokaI View Post
Well I actually put the front tension rods to an actual test.

I hit a curb @ ~40mph, brakes locked up and slid right into it head on. Not ONE fucking issue with the tension rods, no bends, cracks, rips. Everything is fine, even though it fucked up everything else under my front end.

I def give Afucking+ for quality.
HAHA it sounds like you did it on purpose just to test this stuff. By the way it sounds, those things are pretty sturdy.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #44
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuku Racing View Post
I am really sorry that some of you feel that these are "Ebay" arms. I would have to COMPLETELY DISAGREE !!!

ISIS sent us their first set of arms quite a few months back and they were very similar to some of the other crappy ebay style ones out there. (NOT THE SAME, SIMILAR) We sent them back and told them what needed to happen and what to change on these arms.

you will not find these arms on Ebay PERIOD !!! (Unless we or another ISIS dealer puts them up there)

As for "rebranded chinese shit" look at the seat you are sitting on, look at the monitor you are looking at, the keyboard you are typing on. EVERYTHING is made in China/Asia. Just because something looks the same doesnt mean it is the same.

This type of conversation really gets me heated because i have personally put a lot into helping ISIS improve and provide a quality product at a great price.

Sincerely,
Ken Harrison
to further emphasize what ken is saying, just because a product LOOKS the same on pictures doesnt mean it is.

pick up a greddy manifold or oil pan, and put it next to a fake and you will immediately be able to tell the difference in quality. same goes for any fake, shoes, purses, wallets etc.

to say "it looks the same" means nothing..

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #45
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezy240 View Post
I have everything on my s13. I daily/ drift my car. I beat my car and I have had them on my car for about 3 months. No problems. I'm running tien drift masters as low at they go. I think they are great. As for the guy that got bad welds, mine wernt like that. They were nice welds. I guess you got a bad batch
Well that's very comforting, if mine fail and send me into a wall then we'll know. I can't really pull them off since I was replacing broken parts in the first place. I'm also not a drifter, I run road courses so I'm putting more stress on the arms than you are.

Last edited by chibo; 08-29-2009 at 07:25 PM..
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #46
IThaJokaI
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
IThaJokaI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IThaJokaI Send a message via MSN to IThaJokaI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS13 View Post
HAHA it sounds like you did it on purpose just to test this stuff. By the way it sounds, those things are pretty sturdy.
Haha def not on purpose, but i guess its a good test for the products.
IThaJokaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #47
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Sincerely,
Ken Harrison
Well then what do you have to say about these pictures? Im not trying to start an argument but that is fucking unacceptable to run on anyones vehicle. Maybe I am getting so HEATED because this is what I do all day, I weld suspension parts for a company that deals mostly in drag and road racing. If anything like this ever got past one of the welders then powdercoat would catch it, we would go back grind out the contamination and fix it. That shit in those pictures is just people trying to turn shit out for profit and being pretty fucking lazy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post

Old 08-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #48
RastaS13
Leaky Injector

RastaS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
Well then what do you have to say about these pictures? Im not trying to start an argument but that is fucking unacceptable to run on anyones vehicle. Maybe I am getting so HEATED because this is what I do all day, I weld suspension parts for a company that deals mostly in drag and road racing. If anything like this ever got past one of the welders then powdercoat would catch it, we would go back grind out the contamination and fix it. That shit in those pictures is just people trying to turn shit out for profit and being pretty fucking lazy about it.
Hes gotta point
Old 08-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #49
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Otto347

What do I have to say about the pictures? ..... The welding on that specific set of arms is not the best in the world. If you or anyone else is not happy with the quailty of an ISIS product send it back and i will replace it or switch you to a higher end brand.

Pretty simple.

Again, we have sold over 1000 ISIS Arms with Zero Failure. This is the first set that anyone has ever said they were this unhappy with the weld quality for the money. If someone is unhappy with the look or their perception of quality then call me and i will take care of you. 1 in 1000 is prety good in my opinion. I get more Greddy, HKS, and Apexi warranties than that.

consistency in welding is fairly hard when you have to turn out thousands of arms to keep up with demand. This demand means that a huge majority of customer out there are very happy with the ISIS products. If there are a few that dont meet the customer standards for what they paid we and ISIS will take care of it.

Time is money.. there is no way to provide a product at this price if you spend hours on one piece.

You say you do this for a living, and I can guarentee that if you are doing this that your shop charges 10 times what these ISIS arms sell for.

Again, if someone wants to spend 1K on a set of SUS arms we sell it. If they want to spend $400 we can supply it.

Some people have lots of money to blow on their cars, and some don't. As a business we have to cater to everyone out there or we will fail like 90% of the car shops i have seen come and go in the last 10+ years.

I dont feel that there is anything more to discuss on this subject. Everyone has their opinions and i have mine.

If you or anyone is unhappy with something call me and i will take care of you... Again SIMPLE......

Sincerely,

Ken Harrison
[email protected]

Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #50
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ISIS arms are made by humans.

Humans are not perfect.

TF

Some ISIS arms will not be perfect.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #51
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
consistency in welding is fairly hard when you have to turn out thousands of arms to keep up with demand.
Im going to have to disagree on that one, its like the more I weld the more consistent the quality becomes. Dont get me wrong ive had plenty of times when I ran out of gas or a fan blew just right and that same thing happend to me, but you cant just let something like that slide. Now as for the undercutting that was just bad welding.

Quote:
You say you do this for a living, and I can guarentee that if you are doing this that your shop charges 10 times what these ISIS arms sell for.
Well this is apples to oranges, we make parts for almost every GM out there along with 3 gens of mustang stuff. Our parts are priced competitive with the other companys we compete with but I could count them on 1 hand. I would imagine if we had as many aftermarket companys as the 240 market does then things might change.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #52
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
ISIS arms are made by humans.

Humans are not perfect.

TF

Some ISIS arms will not be perfect.
That is what QC is for.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #53
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
That is what QC is for.
In theory yes, QC is supposed to catch any issues with a product. In reality QC is done by people and people can make mistakes. More often than not, you will have one or two pieces out of every batch that won't make the cut, sometimes these parts won't be caught and that's a fact of life. As you can see Enjuku is willing to replace any flawed parts.

Btw, I work at a company where I designed parts that are made overseas (China) and in a batch of 1000 or so parts we'll find at least 10 or more that slipped through the original factory's quality control system... It's just the way things are over there.

If you want cheap parts then quality may be lower. If you want high quality man up and pay some coin.

Back on topic though, I've recommended ISIS arms to a bunch of people because they're inexpensive, but better yet they're inexpensive and Enjuku stands behind them.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #54
REALLY FASTback

REALLY FASTback is an unknown quantity at this point
well..looks like ima get me a set of those arms..with prices that cheap and KEN standing behind them willing to replace any unsatisfied parts..then theres nothing to think about..ill order my set and write up a review once everything is on and tested the closest thing to a drift event we got around my area is AUTOx every month, so i guess ill test them out there before thunderhill in november
REALLY FASTback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ditto... i'm not some enjuku fanboy but i've been supporting/shopping with them for YEARS! ken does no bullshit stand behind his word/establisment/parts, i had a greddy gauge blow out on me and he spearheaded greddy to replace it. if he says he'll replace any flawed units their is no doubt in my mind he will. these are not spl arms they are a middle solution between ebay shit and high end products. i plan on picking up a set of ruca's and rear toe rods in a couple of weeks. i wont be able to install/enjoy them till i get back to the states...however when i do i will write a full UNBIASED review.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #56
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
write a full UNBIASED review.
Mine was unbiased.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I ordered the ISIS Intercooler Piping, and radiator last week from Ken, the welds look awesome on my products, some of the ebay piping I have seen the welds on the inside are shit, I was looking at the welds on the inside of the ISIS piping and its smooth as can be. Fitment is awesome to, I think these products are great for the budget minded 240sx owner, if you dont agree with the quality of ISIS Products gtfo and dont buy it, no one is putting a gun to your head are they!?!?!?!?
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #58
s14_sr20_silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
s14_sr20_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have bought almost every aftermarket part on my car from Enjuku. So I really want to believe them when they say ISIS makes a good product, but even when I look at the pictures on Enjuku's website I simply would not put their parts on my car. Some of the other brands (Megan Racing, Circuit Sports, etc.) are for the 'budget minded' 240SX owner, and my experience with those products is that they are excellent quality. Like I said I am one of the biggest fans of Enjuku and have spent well over $10k with them alone, but when I went to Formula D earlier this year and looked at the ISIS products in person I was like WTF Enjuku!
s14_sr20_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #59
drivens13
Zilvia Member

drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
You get what you pay for,it's that simple.
I have bought ISIS suspension arms,radiator,other parts and can tell you the QC is not exactly there with the welds.The fitment and price however have been great and with Ken giving everyone a no hassle money back guarantee i'll buy from Ken over "ebay" stuff anyday.
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #60
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sileighty_85 and TheSquidd: any updates?
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote