Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #361
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
had a friend take some shots of the car before we put it away for the winter.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #362
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
This "before we put it away for winter" thing must blow
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #363
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
This "before we put it away for winter" thing must blow
HARD. It really is terrible. However seems every spring/summer/fall we always figure out a large list of stuff that needs to be done or changed. So it's nice to have a couple "off season" months to get the car back up. Only downside is off season is usually 5-6 months.

Already have a buyer on the HKS Coilovers, planning on trying out a new companies coilover (Either ISC or Avenue Performance). Going to be going with a custom downpipe and exhaust this winter. Have a few electrical things we want to fix (Blinkers,and high beam headlights) And have a goofy fuel issue when under 1/2 tank of fuel.

I'll be updating again soon!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #364
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Why can't you work on it in a garage during winter? Too cold
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #365
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Why can't you work on it in a garage during winter? Too cold
Nah, we usually work in the garage, up here we will have days near 0. But usually its in the teens and twenties. But in a garage with a heater it's not terrible.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #366
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Flick! Sell me that downpipe
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #367
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Flick! Sell me that downpipe
That could be a possibility, i will let you know when i take it off. You in any hurry? I was gonna get the exhaust done in March i think, so i wouldnt sell it till then.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #368
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
That could be a possibility, i will let you know when i take it off. You in any hurry? I was gonna get the exhaust done in March i think, so i wouldnt sell it till then.
Lol damn hoping to start my car in the coming weeks - is that an off the shelf downpipe with some mods?
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #369
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lol damn hoping to start my car in the coming weeks - is that an off the shelf downpipe with some mods?
CX Racing $80 Downpipe off ebay. no mods. just a custom exhaust (Aftermarket Supra midpipe modified to fit a s13 cat back that was also modded, Hence why i'm doing an all custom turbo back exhaust soon. I don't like how close this downpipe sits to the firewall.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #370
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
CX Racing $80 Downpipe off ebay. no mods. just a custom exhaust (Aftermarket Supra midpipe modified to fit a s13 cat back that was also modded, Hence why i'm doing an all custom turbo back exhaust soon. I don't like how close this downpipe sits to the firewall.
You didnt need to get the Precision Turbo 3-5/8" V-Band flange welded on? Did you buy the Supra 2JZ downpipe?

Downpipe Supra 2JZGE 2jz GTE 3" V Band Exhaust Outlet | eBay
Old 10-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #371
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

that's the exact one i have, i broke the supplied cx racing v-band clamp. i picked up a turbonetics? one. I haven't had any issues with it sealing up, once when i didn't have it lined up quite right it smoked a bit between the turbo and the downpipe, but its been good since the single has been on there.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #372
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
that's the exact one i have, i broke the supplied cx racing v-band clamp. i picked up a turbonetics? one. I haven't had any issues with it sealing up, once when i didn't have it lined up quite right it smoked a bit between the turbo and the downpipe, but its been good since the single has been on there.
Wait... dont you have the 6266 with the 3-5/8" v-band? Did that downpipe bolt up as is?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #373
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wait... dont you have the 6266 with the 3-5/8" v-band? Did that downpipe bolt up as is?
Yessur, i believe that is the size v-band Precision uses. I didn't touch the turbo or the downpipe except to heat wrap it.

[/IMG]
Here you can see with the turbo on, and the downpipe connected to the midpipe how it sits, just a little persuasion and it works.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Don't mind the messes, this was last spring when switching from the 6265 to the 6266 lol among other things.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #374
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Wow... I just spent $100 on the flange and clamp -___- I'm going to email them tomorrow to see if that really is a 3-5/8" v-band because their ad says 3"

Did you get the precision 6266 T4 .68a/r with 3-5/8" V-band?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #375
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wow... I just spent $100 on the flange and clamp -___- I'm going to email them tomorrow to see if that really is a 3-5/8" v-band because their ad says 3"

Did you get the precision 6266 T4 .68a/r with 3-5/8" V-band?
I ordered it from SP with the T4 6266 .68 A/r i didn't specify a v-band
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #376
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I ordered it from SP with the T4 6266 .68 A/r i didn't specify a v-band
As far as i know and can see from Precsions site that's the only flange available in those specs
Old 01-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #377
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Updates?....
Old 01-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #378
05subysti
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
05subysti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
big fan of this build! I missed it but which koyo radiator are you running?
05subysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #379
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car looks 10x better with the new rims. Will say, despite my hatred for pink. This car looks great. You guys did an amazing job. I find it really funny that ka/sr guys be like "gotta big turbo". when in reality. we all know that shit is small. gotta love jz's <3
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #380
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post
Updates?....
Not too much to update with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05subysti View Post
big fan of this build! I missed it but which koyo radiator are you running?
Thanks! It's a KA24DE Koyo for the 1989-1994 Nissan 240sx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked_jz View Post
Car looks 10x better with the new rims. Will say, despite my hatred for pink. This car looks great. You guys did an amazing job. I find it really funny that ka/sr guys be like "gotta big turbo". when in reality. we all know that shit is small. gotta love jz's <3
I agree, i couldn't believe how much better it looks with the new wheels on the car, pretty crazy how much of a transformation it made. Yeah even around here people say how HUGE of a turbo it is, and i just laugh and say yeah its ok lol.

Only 'real" update is we pulled the HKS coilovers off the car as we wanted to go with a different route, which sucks cause i loved the way they rode, just looking for a little more out of them. I picked up some ISC Pro coilovers as i am an ISC Dealer so i thought i'd give them a shot. Took them out of the box and was in a rush to get the car out of the center of the garage before vacation, so i "set" them and figured they will be good enough for now.... This is how it looks.

So it's low...er LOL Going to have to go and adjust that back up or play with the fenders as i don't believe the car will be able to move cause the tires rub so bad.

Also got a new camera so i've been playing with that a little.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #381
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Please keep it stock fendered lol. Just roll and pull the piss out of them.
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #382
nicsoroka

nicsoroka is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build man I look forward to more updates

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
nicsoroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #383
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked_jz View Post
Please keep it stock fendered lol. Just roll and pull the piss out of them.
That is the current plan. They are rolled now just need to pull them.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #384
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Kind of random, but what wide-band is in the car?
I like the look of it.
EvilEgg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #385
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEgg13 View Post
Kind of random, but what wide-band is in the car?
I like the look of it.

Pretty sure he's rockin the AEM unit
Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #386
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
woops, should have been more specific.

I am assuming the black box with red screen in the bottom left of teh DIN setup is a wideband, what type is it?

EvilEgg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #387
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
flick where did you pick up that mph gauge from?? digging the cluster and the rear trunk spoiler.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #388
psi999
Leaky Injector

psi999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Big fan of the cluster as well. Neat and tastefully put together just like the rest of the car. Big thumbs up
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #389
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEgg13 View Post
woops, should have been more specific.

I am assuming the black box with red screen in the bottom left of teh DIN setup is a wideband, what type is it?

That was the NGK NTK unit, GREAT setup, just a little big/bulky so i switched up to the AEM Uego. I would run one again if i could find a better mounting location/place for the big box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
flick where did you pick up that mph gauge from?? digging the cluster and the rear trunk spoiler.
It's a speedhut unit, They are awesome!

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #390
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

I suppose i could update this a little.

Ordered new tires, got the rears earlier today, the fronts will be here thursday.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A 255/40/17 (Rear)
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 235/40/17 (Front)

This past weekend i started thinking about putting the rest of the trunk interior back in the car, i went downstairs and found the plastics and started going to town.

I think it looks alot better than no plastics. Still not done with it, as i need to find the clips/buttons. but i'm getting pretty satisfied. Going to do a quick eyeball alignment this weekend on the car. Get the tires put on and adjust the car to the final ride height then off to get a real alignment.