Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #3091
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Although price for price, stat for stat, I'm still torn between a black fully loaded BRZ (because if it's a daily, I want the damn amenities) and an '07+ 350Z with the rev up engine.
If you want trunk space, get the BRZ because I could barely hold crap on my 370z. I had to use my hatchback 240 sometimes for large items and I think the FT86 has about similar cargo space as my hatch.

Performance-wise, I'd suggest the 370z over the rev-up 350 only because of chassis design and wheelbase that make the car a lot more grippy and less understeer. There was a guy @ buttonwillow one time with a stripped 350 and he got 2:08 on 13 CW. My stocker w/ full interior got 2:10 and he was very much surprised...though I think he was a crappy driver, too. I can't judge the FT86 because I've only did 1 slow test drive in it. Can't really tell about its performance stock-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #3092
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Wow I really like the front of that.

I'm the only one in the world who must like the FRS over the BRZ.
I kinda like the front bumper of the FR-S better (especially with the modellista lip) but I don't like all the boy-racerish details in the interior.

Plus I think the BRZ additions are worth the extra $1300.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #3093
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
If you want trunk space, get the BRZ because I could barely hold crap on my 370z. I had to use my hatchback 240 sometimes for large items and I think the FT86 has about similar cargo space as my hatch.

Performance-wise, I'd suggest the 370z over the rev-up 350 only because of chassis design and wheelbase that make the car a lot more grippy and less understeer. There was a guy @ buttonwillow one time with a stripped 350 and he got 2:08 on 13 CW. My stocker w/ full interior got 2:10 and he was very much surprised...though I think he was a crappy driver, too. I can't judge the FT86 because I've only did 1 slow test drive in it. Can't really tell about its performance stock-wise.

Trunk space isn't a big deal to me, but I've noticed the rear strut bar (or the plastic around it)in the Z's look REALLY big and cumbersome, like Nissan was saying, you wanna fit stuff back here? Nuh uhhhhhh.

I'm fine with have useless back seats to carry my emergency tools, water, oil and fire extinguisher.

I was only considering 350 over a 370 price wise, I think a good 07+ with all the goodies is about the same as a base model 370. I'm not looking to spend over $30k just yet, but maybe in 3 years or so the price will have come down, hell they'll probably already be talking about a new Z.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #3094
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
hell they'll probably already be talking about a new Z.
If that's the case, it has to be V8 or Hybrid. The upcoming european smog requirements make it very difficult to keep at V6 spec on a production car, especially nissan's VQ. Also, sales of the 370z is very low (barely even 11,000 a year) to make it worth Nissan's name. I honestly think Nissan should bring out an S16 because it's sad that Europeans can make a smog passing turbo car and not a Japanese.

Though if they make a Z with a VH V8 engine, that's gonna be one hell of a monster of a car rivaling big time with a Boss Mustang.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #3095
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
IAlso, sales of the 370z is very low (barely even 11,000 a year) to make it worth Nissan's name. I honestly think Nissan should bring out an S16 because it's sad that Europeans can make a smog passing turbo car and not a Japanese.
What the fuck are you mumbling about?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #3096
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Wow I really like the front of that.

I'm the only one in the world who must like the FRS over the BRZ.

You're not alone check the toyobaru poll BRZ is the underdog.

I won't lie the FRS looks better than the BRZ, but the options win me over.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #3097
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
GT86 headlights>BRZ headlights>FRS headlights. Since we don't get the GT86 states side I guess BRZ is the winner.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #3098
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What the fuck are you mumbling about?
which part ? The S16 is option.

The 370z U.S. sales is pretty much a fact. Even the Mustang could conjur up 7x the amount of sales total.

Nissan 370Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #3099
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Maybe Nissan should push the maxima into nascar and then use the pushrod v8 in a 600Z. Instant monster coupe that would murder the v8 Mustang and likely hang with any sports coupe.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #3100
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
which part ? The S16 is option.

The 370z U.S. sales is pretty much a fact. Even the Mustang could conjur up 7x the amount of sales total.

Nissan 370Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's because the Mustang has rear seats, optional V8 power, better MPG than the Z (V6), way cheaper than a similar equipped Z, etc...etc...

That being said, I still love my 370Z and would definitely prefer it over the Mustang

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #3101
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nissan renews talk of sub-370Z sports car to take on Subaru BRZ

Next Z will be downsized to compete with the BRZ/FRS?
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #3102
Pro ViZIon
Zilvia Junkie

Pro ViZIon is an unknown quantity at this point
Mustang = hipsters
370Z = Drivers car.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #3103
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i dont see nissan downsizing the Z. its more feasable for them to just make another entry level coupe like the S chassis was in the 90s.

the Z is marketed to the "business man" type, its always been more of a "luxury" sportscar than anything else. the S chassis was the "affordable" sports car during its day.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #3104
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
They may have dropped the ZX name but it is very much still ZX in application.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #3105
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth99 View Post
Nissan renews talk of sub-370Z sports car to take on Subaru BRZ

Next Z will be downsized to compete with the BRZ/FRS?
Just had to quote this again
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
until nissan comes out like on their datsun revival. its only as real as the tooth fairy.
Nissan has been playing the on again off again game for years now.

Now to more GT86 Pr0ns and BRZ news.

Subaru BRZ to Get “Faster Version” Confirms Marketing Boss | AutoGuide.com News
Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #3106
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I wonder what a "fast version" will be called if they don't intend to do an STi version yet. They can't call it the BRZ WRX. That's a mouth full already, an STi on top of that would be too much. The name would be take up the entire back of the car. lol
Old 04-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #3107
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Just had to quote this again

Nissan has been playing the on again off again game for years now.

Now to more GT86 Pr0ns and BRZ news.

Subaru BRZ to Get “Faster Version” Confirms Marketing Boss | AutoGuide.com News
About time someone worked on the stock motor instead of a swap. It looks like a street car not a race car which I love. I hope it is competitive.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #3108
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I wonder what a "fast version" will be called if they don't intend to do an STi version yet. They can't call it the BRZ WRX. That's a mouth full already, an STi on top of that would be too much. The name would be take up the entire back of the car. lol
The 'faster' version as per that article sounds pretty lame. faster means just bolts-ons and a higher rev limit. who knows though.

While past brand history would indicate an STI version would use a turbo, that’s not the case here, with Atake saying that basic modifications to the intake and exhaust, as well as a higher rev limit could up power. In fact, Atake swore off a BRZ Turbo commenting that, “we want to keep turbocharging separate. It is for models like the WRX STI.”
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #3109
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I hope they offer a low compression dealer add on/option for this high rev version.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #3110
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i dont see nissan downsizing the Z. its more feasable for them to just make another entry level coupe like the S chassis was in the 90s.

the Z is marketed to the "business man" type, its always been more of a "luxury" sportscar than anything else. the S chassis was the "affordable" sports car during its day.

But you would have to agree, what better time than the present to return to the Z's roots while everyone is so hyped up on BRZ/FR-S talk.

I welcome a smaller, lighter, simpler Z, and would consider it over the BRZ.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #3111
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
But you would have to agree, what better time than the present to return to the Z's roots while everyone is so hyped up on BRZ/FR-S talk.

I welcome a smaller, lighter, simpler Z, and would consider it over the BRZ.
Same here. I'm just so jaded, I have to see something concrete (concept FROM NISSAN) to really believe they are doing it.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #3112
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The current Z's already pretty light relative to the prior model and
other performance cars within its price range. I think handles great and is responsive. Dont fucking diss it for being a pig until you've actually driven one
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #3113
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
subaru won't put a turbo on it

they would not want to make it faster then the sti

I hope nissan jumps at this opportunity, you just have to convince carlos that it will be profitable. Nissans new ecomentalist streak has me worried
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #3114
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
The current Z's already pretty light relative to the prior model and
other performance cars within its price range. I think handles great and is responsive. Dont fucking diss it for being a pig until you've actually driven one
Who called it a pig?

Plus it's $30k-$35k for a new one, which is a major point if they're trying to downsize the Z to comepte with the Toyobaru. Yes it's light compared to it's rivals in it's price range, but 3200lbs+ isn't light compared to the lightweight stuff that may be jumping off if the BRZ/86 does really well.

I daily a S30 back in the States, and a FD in Japan, I fully understand what a lightweight sports car is, and I've been harping forever and a day I wish they would go back to the simplier lightweight Z days. I know it'll never happened, Nissan has pretty much established it as the gentleman's slightly luxury sports car.

I kind of don't want to see them make this a S-Chassis recarnation either though. I can already hear all the whining if they screw it up. Imagine how S13 felt when the S14 was first introduced, I imagine they were like WTF!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #3115
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I still hold to my opinion of the Z needing a v8 and the SX taking the spiritual spot of the Z. A V8 Z goes heads up with and beats much more expensive coupes while giving plenty of room for an entry level sports coupe with a turbo.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #3116
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I still hold to my opinion of the Z needing a v8 and the SX taking the spiritual spot of the Z. A V8 Z goes heads up with and beats much more expensive coupes while giving plenty of room for an entry level sports coupe with a turbo.
A V8 Z seems too American. If anything I would believe that Nissan would boost the VQ or stuff a detuned VR into it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #3117
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
who the hell cares what nissan does at this point, i'm loving the pics above
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #3118
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
I'm digging the firestorm and whiteout ones.

In regards to the V8 Z, it has been done since the 70's.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #3119
Future240
Future Moderator

The more I think about it the more I want a BRZ with a GT86 front, FRS wheels.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #3120
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EPlIHi-JcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EPlIHi-JcE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

- 4-piece FIVE:AD Scion FR-S kit will carry MSRP of $1,195.00 un-painted and MSRP $1,890.00 painted.
- 5-piece FR-S aero kit that includes the rear spoiler will be a little more than the 4-piece kit MSRP.