Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
s.tamayo1991

Trader Rating: (0)
s.tamayo1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Fuel Injector Issue

Hey guys so i just did a swap on my s14.. I put an s14 sr20. It came with tome 740cc injectors however one of them was bad. to no ones surprise i have a misfire. So i put an injector from my KA and it got a little better but still shitty. I need to buy another 740 injector tonight. Can i buy a Deatsch Werks injector from a 300zx same size same plug? or should i just get another Tomei injector for an SR? Im worried that the frequency or something internally in the injector may be different. I read some where that they open and close at different speeds. Anyone have experience with this? Much appreciated.
s.tamayo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joe3180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
For me...same company and have them flow matched.
joe3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Silviasurfer

Trader Rating: (1)
Silviasurfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dont play with fuel.... duty cycle might be the same but the dynamics of each brand may vary go wid the tomei
Silviasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Keep injector brand/type the same.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There's a reason not to mix and match the injector brands.
And a big NO NO for adding 1 DW injector. The latency and actual flow. The latency will be incorrect for the same size, and the actual flow will differ drastically. It's probably a better idea to have the faulty injector rebuilt along with the good ones. There used to be an addition driver device that could allow you to add the injector seperately from the ecu, you could use that as a temp fix, but the cost outways the first option.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote