Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:47 AM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
need some help with wheel bearings and Q45 diff swap stuff

I am no suspension expert, some advice would be nice

My friend has a R32 gt-s chassis. He put in a Q45 1992 unit, the one with 30 spline? axles.

And now trying to figure out the rear hubs and wheel flanges,

1. I See they sell in rockauto the wheel bearing/hub assay for 92 Q45, but there is no flange attached for the wheel to bolt to. I am not sure where to get that part, or if it is needed (can he re-use old wheel hub?). None of the Q45 swap writeups mention or show that part.

2. I See nissan 300zx rear hub, have different part number from rockauto. I thought these are the same parts? IS the rear hub from 1992 300zx different from Q45 92? Will the wheel flange from one fit the other?

3. Will the axle lengths be the same as 240sx for the rear of the R32? Driver side Q45 and Driver side 300ZX like we do?

thanks

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 06-04-2021 at 04:21 AM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
You can use 350z axles with the standard hubs.

You can use 370z axles with either Q45 hubs or Z32 TT hubs.

NA Z32 hubs are smaller like S and basemodel R chassis. Yes you need that flange part because that's what the axle actually slides into.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the info, please can you help with this q

" do Q45 bearings fit z32 twin turbo hubs" ?

Sorry that I Mixed up the terminology. I just looked into the FSM so lets use theirs now:
By "HUB" We mean the part that bolts to the wheel, where lug nuts go
And by "wheel bearing" we mean the wheel bearing and flange part that the axle slides through

He wants to use TT Z32 hubs with the Q45 bearing
And if not, what would work instead
Old 06-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
This is great to know, on the z34 axles. However also does this work for both sides? Since the lengths needed for this are diff is why I’m asking.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:44 AM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

This morning rockauto updated their website and now it says that 300zx and Q45 bearings are the same. So I guess that answers my friend's question about using 300zx hubs (wheel flange) on the Q45 bearing unit.

Still looking for any additional answers to the other questions above, anybody feel free
Old 06-05-2021, 05:52 AM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I made this to help us compare these axle options,

New question:
Does the 370Z Axle from year 2010, make a better axle for our 95-98 240sx + 1992 Q45 differential swap?

The passenger side 370z axle seems to be a worse length, but the driver side axle is more close to the original 240sx axle.
However I have no idea how the 92 infinity q45 differential compares with the OEM 240sx differential in terms of length for axles, maybe it is wider or something like that.
Same question using the 350z axles, better? worse than 300zx/Q45 pairing? I see the 29 spline fits the OEM 240sx hub, but does that also mean it will fit the OEM 240sx bearing diameter? I am not a suspension 'person' haha

And finally , how does the axle length of s14 240sx compare with R32 GT-S , when using the Q45 1992 3.54:1 differential?
Old 06-18-2021, 07:07 AM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

New problem:

Rockauto lists 300zx turbo bearings as #711011 (raybestos, and others)

But they arrived at 1.7" inner bore which is non turbo spec. They list the same PN as non turbo also which I just found out.

So where can we get new wheel bearing units with the correct 1.82" inner bore for turbo 300zx / Q45 stuff?