Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #13201
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Or just hear me out...its some dumb fanboi with a horrible car wrap?

Or

A loser that thinks hes kool tryn to chase clout with a horriable car wrap tryn to look like a top secret car
That?s actually a fun trolling idea. You could totally duck with the car mags by adding some weird shapes to a car and wrapping it like that.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/13/...rz-spy-photos/

Also it worth noting that the BRZ mule is being tested alongside a Mustang Turbo. That’s a perfect benchmark IMO. I’m getting more and more excited for this thing.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #13202
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The angle they shot it from makes it look huge. The roof of the current BRZ is only 52 inches.
I'm pretty sure it's just the angle. I initially thought the FRS was much bigger until I saw one in real life.

Also, there definitely seems to be more "rounded/ filled out areas" vs. the previous gen:

Can't wait to see it unwrapped.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #13203
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i might try to trace out the images into line art when i get home tonight so we can get a much clearer picture of what the car looks like without camo.

and the car is tiny still... if you look at the front end shot, you can see the driver inside the cabin. car still looks to be roughly the same size as the outgoing model.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #13204
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Looks bloated.
The wrap obscures the sense of curves and shapes so these pics a terrible indicator of the form, deliberately.

Those taillights remind me of something I can't place, Buick sedan maybe?

Edit: Yep
Old 08-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #13205
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Those taillights remind me of something I can't place, Buick sedan maybe?

Edit: Yep
kind of like 99-05 Pontiac Grand AM/ S15 tail lights.

Could this be another good sign? lol
Old 08-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #13206
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well the last japanese car that had grand am tail lights was actually pretty cool so idc
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #13207
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Or just hear me out...its some dumb fanboi with a horrible car wrap?
Or
A loser that thinks hes kool tryn to chase clout with a horriable car wrap tryn to look like a top secret car
I mean yeah, but it has a manufacturers plate, so no.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #13208
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lol i cant see that shit
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #13209
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Well the last japanese car that had grand am tail lights was actually pretty cool so idc
always thought fd rc-7 and ould taurus taillights were close....idk
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #13210
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Looks bloated.
I was thinking the same thing but it still looks much smaller than the mustang
Old 08-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #13211
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Everyone skimmed over the 52 inch roof height... These cars are barely bigger than old kei cars.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #13212
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I was thinking the same thing but it still looks much smaller than the mustang

Bloating doesn't mean big, just means the whole design looks bland, rounded and chubby.

One of the things I liked about the S-series is they are well proportioned sports cars.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #13213
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Everyone skimmed over the 52 inch roof height... These cars are barely bigger than old kei cars.
And kei-cars are ugly little pug mobiles... Sooo yeah
Old 08-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #13214
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i might try to trace out the images into line art when i get home tonight so we can get a much clearer picture of what the car looks like without camo.

and the car is tiny still... if you look at the front end shot, you can see the driver inside the cabin. car still looks to be roughly the same size as the outgoing model.
Found this from a member on another board...

Looks similar to Bestcars rendering...

Cool car, I dig the rear end. Has some 90's feel to it.

Alot of the mules have body cladding to hide the lines and shape.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #13215
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
lol those BestCar renderings are probably EXACTLY what itll look like! They saw everything i saw under the camo!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #13216
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
It looks smaller AND it’s in front of the mustang in the photo, which makes it look larger because of foreshortening.

The line sketch looks good to me.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #13217
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
very generic, safe design
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #13218
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The line sketch looks good to me.
+1

Line sketch definitely adds the aggressiveness that can't be seen with the wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
very generic, safe design
I'm just glad they didn't make it look like a mini MK5 Supra...

Last edited by BryanSayWhat; 08-14-2020 at 05:07 PM..
Old 08-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #13219
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
yeah but if if drives good I dont care. exterior design very low on my priority. optimistic it will drive well. hope it gets a good auto transmission to drive sales.

very happy it didnt come out as a crossover ‘coupe’

possible spring ‘21 release speculation is welcome

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...s-spring-2021/
Old 08-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #13220
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

I'm actually pretty happy with how the sketch line and bestcar rendering turned out. I can already see it slightly lowered with some Advan's and a Varis carbon fiber lip kit. lol

Also, given that they were able to squeak out a 1:09:776 Tsukuba lap time with a stock 86 G... I'm curious to see what they can get from this new 2.4T model.

Tsuchiya was able to do a 1:04:88 in a stock FD3S Type RS (276hp/ 2,822 lb) on Tsukuba back in '99.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #13221
spooled240
Post Whore!

Please come with a manual transmission and $30k MSRP
Old 08-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #13222
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ideally both. if its just manual that will hurt sales.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #13223
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I have all the confidence in the world it’ll come in a manual. It’s literally one of the reasons the car exists. Of course it’ll come in auto for the women.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #13224
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
First gen 86 price drop. SOON!
Old 08-16-2020, 05:18 PM   #13225
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I have all the confidence in the world it?ll come in a manual. It?s literally one of the reasons the car exists. Of course it?ll come in auto for the women.
What's the deal with the Zupra then?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #13226
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Well the auto has always been the preferred trans with the MK4.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #13227
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Probably the need to squeak out every little performance gain...

The 2.4T GR86 really doesn't have to worry about that. The price, power and weight are going to be the main highlights for buying one.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #13228
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well the auto has always been the preferred trans with the MK4.
Um... You feeling okay brah?

Go compare the resale of a manual JZ80, 5 or 6spd with the auto and get back to me.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #13229
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Um... You feeling okay brah?

Go compare the resale of a manual JZ80, 5 or 6spd with the auto and get back to me.
As far as the tuner community it is no?

I honestly have no clue why the Supra isn?t manual. It?s puzzling. The 85 is a different story though.

Also MT is saying this thing is coming out next spring https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...urce=instagram
Old 08-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #13230
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
As far as the tuner community it is no?

I honestly have no clue why the Supra isn?t manual. It?s puzzling. The 85 is a different story though.

Also MT is saying this thing is coming out next spring https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...urce=instagram
Are you confusing "competition drag racing" with "Tuner"?

https://youtu.be/mtO5Cm7MAOQ

6.9 seconds.... On a manual.