Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #631
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice Yuri. Now THAT is what we're looking for.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #632
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
just thought id make the connection between yuris drawing and what nissan posted at Nissan360..

yuris drawing...

new infiniti sports car at nissan360...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #633
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
OH-FUCKIN-NOES!!!!!! This blows Toyota! The performance sounds very nice though. I hope Nissan goes with a similar formula.

nside Line is reporting that the new, RWD coupe being developed by Subaru and Toyota will only be sold as a Subaru in markets outside of Japan, while the Toyota version will remain exclusive to the Land of the Rising Sun. The report goes on to say that the coupe will be based off the Subaru Impreza (despite Toyota/Subaru's own press release saying that it's an "all-new" platform) and that power will be provided by a naturally aspirated, 2.0-liter boxer engine producing 220 hp at 6,500 rpm.

Toyota and Subaru are using the Integra Type-R as the performance benchmark for the new coupe, with a 103-inch wheelbase, a 2+2 seating layout and a curb weight of 2,866 pounds. As reported before, the coupe will debut in 2011 and pricing is expected to begin just south of $20,000.

Some random rendering:
Old 05-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #634
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Whats wrong with it being marketed as a Subaru?
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #635
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Whats wrong with it being marketed as a Subaru?
I'd rather see both sold here. I've not been a fan of the styling route either Suby or Toyota has been going lately. I was hoping from something a little less "incognito" looking.

I dunno, we'll see.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #636
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
something tells me that report may be slightly off...i dont think toyota would dip out of the american market with such a great little car

toyota is failing to attract the youth market in america to its main brand (which is the toyota line itself)...im pretty sure toyota will include the car in their line up in 2011...especially if nissan is bringing the silvia back out...subaru is a very minor player in the japanese car game here in america...i dont think toyota would take a blow like that

Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #637
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
something tells me that report may be slightly off...i dont think toyota would dip out of the american market with such a great little car

toyota is failing to attract the youth market in america to its main brand (which is the toyota line itself)...im pretty sure toyota will include the car in their line up in 2011...especially if nissan is bringing the silvia back out...subaru is a very minor player in the japanese car game here in america...i dont think toyota would take a blow like that
Very good insight there. Now that you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. I agree with you 100%.

Over the next 12 months we really need to try and determine whats BS and what sounds plausible.

I (and I know you do to dorki) really hope we can get some solid info sooner rather then later. I have a feeling though we'll be waiting until Sunday Jan 13th or somewhere around there.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #638
02BRB20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Toyota owns 10% of Subaru
02BRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #639
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i have a small hunch that nissan may release official information on the new silvia this year at some point...2008 is looking like its shaping up to be the year of the 370Z...HOWEVER...the Z will not garner the kind of attention the GTR did...2007 was the year for the GTR and that was it...period...but i get the feeling 2008 may leak a bit of official info from nissan about the silvia as toyota is really starting to put a thorn in the side of nissan with its new little entry level sports coupe...and trust me...the 370Z is NOT the direct competition for the new Toyota coupe

and remember...as the example above was made (with the awesome help of yuri)...the new infiniti 1 series fighter has already been shown in a somewhat detailed form...and you can bet that the new 1 series fighter will be based on the S16 platform (given almost ALL nissan platforms be it infiniti or nissan are based on very similar chassis' with slight modifications made to each...the FM platform serves as a basis for 6 cars/suvs i can think of...their large truck/suv platform serves as the base for 4 different vehicles i believe...the new 1 series fighter and S16 chassis would more than likely be the same chassis built from a modified FM platform)

Old 05-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #640
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
i have a small hunch that nissan may release official information on the new silvia this year at some point...2008 is looking like its shaping up to be the year of the 370Z...HOWEVER...the Z will not garner the kind of attention the GTR did...2007 was the year for the GTR and that was it...period...but i get the feeling 2008 may leak a bit of official info from nissan about the silvia as toyota is really starting to put a thorn in the side of nissan with its new little entry level sports coupe...and trust me...the 370Z is NOT the direct competition for the new Toyota coupe
I can agree with that...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #641
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

toyota is failing to attract the youth market in america to its main brand (which is the toyota line itself)...
If anything, i could see the car being marketed as a Scion, not a toyota or subaru. Since scion is toyota's youth oriented brand...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #642
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i love this topic...its awesome =D

the whole scion thing may be a possibility...but remember...toyota doesnt actually have a toyota badged car that is youth market oriented...the yaris is marketed tword people who want to conserve gas...the corolla is marketed tword a family market who wants safety, reliability but also a slightly sporty sedan...the camry is the flagship sedan...the solara is marketed as a "luxury" styled "sporty" car (given its toyotas only coupe bearing the toyota badge)...so they really dont have anything to attract younger buyers

Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #643
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:

the whole scion thing may be a possibility...but remember...toyota doesnt actually have a toyota badged car that is youth market oriented...the yaris is marketed tword people who want to conserve gas...the corolla is marketed tword a family market who wants safety, reliability but also a slightly sporty sedan...the camry is the flagship sedan...the solara is marketed as a "luxury" styled "sporty" car (given its toyotas only coupe bearing the toyota badge)...so they really dont have anything to attract younger buyers
Yeah, it would only make sense for Toyota to bring back a sports compact under the "Toyota" brand. A redesigned Tc is probably still imminent, and despite that, might not cut into sales of the new addition. And the Tc now starts at what 15-16k as an entry level sports coupe? That leaves an empty price range for Toyota to fill since the discontinuation of the Celica. This leaves me wondering if the Altima coupe will still be around with the implementation of the new Nissan coupe.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #644
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the nissan altima coupe seems to be more of a test market car than anything else...i dont think the altima coupe will stick around for much longer (especially if nissan is bringing out a new entry level sports coupe thats RWD)...the altima coupe seems more like a replacement for the altima SE-R than anything else

Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #645
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
Quote:
the nissan altima coupe seems to be more of a test market car than anything else...i dont think the altima coupe will stick around for much longer (especially if nissan is bringing out a new entry level sports coupe thats RWD)...the altima coupe seems more like a replacement for the altima SE-R than anything else
I am really enjoying your insightful posts on the subject. If i could posirep I would.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #646
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

You forgot the Toyota Avalon. That's actually Toyota's flagship sedan in America.

I can see Scion as an option, but I really don't think so. The Tc Sells way too well for Toyota to get rid of it. If you guys recall Toyota said that they would be repacing every Scion model every 4-5 years with a new model that is different. They haven't stuck with that though and I see the Tc being around for a long time.

They can easily sell the RWD Coupe as a Toyota and not effect Tc sales. I really think they need to call it a Celica also. Since they used to be RWD cars anyway, they could do a whole campaign about the car going back to it's true racing/sporty roots.

And lets not forget what's going on here. This isn't 10 years ago. Manufactures are trying to fill their brands now with as many small economical cars as possible. It's not really about taking away sales from one vehicle to sell another. It's about selling many different vehicles that fits more specific cunsumer demands.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #647
Neejay
Post Whore!

Yeah, I'd planned on getting an altima coupe 3.5, but there's so many new RWD coupes coming out within the next few years, I think I'm going to wait a bit...
Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #648
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
IIRC, the Solara is not going to be replaced, so the new RWD car and the TC will be Toyotas only 2-dr. cars. But if the new car will only be marketed as a Subaru outside of Japan, all this discussion is moot. Is Scion sold in any other markets?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #649
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
That I'm not sure on. I know that some of the models are sold eslewhere as Toyota's.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #650
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
2+2 with 220hp and 2900 lbs?

sounds like a car i'd drive.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #651
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
I always thought of the TC as a celica...

anyways, that rendering isn't entirely bad... kinda reminds me of a acura TSX with those headlamps

the motor also sounds like a good choice for NA-T, just about the same kinda power they came out with on the RS200/3sge beams engine's

I wonder if you can actually sit in the back seat of this car lol

if nissans style doesn't turn out any better than I am jumping brands for sure
Old 05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #652
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post
I always thought of the TC as a celica...
TC = Toyota Celica
Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #653
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
That's what I thought way back when the Tc was announced. Then they kept the Celica around for an extra year.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #654
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Remember Honda/Acura had the Si, RSX-S/GS-R around together, as well as the Prelude and Accord V6 as well, and those were both Hondas.

They were only a couple grand apart, if that.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #655
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
TC = Toyota Celica
Haha, I never thought of that.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #656
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
Quote:
The Altima coupes will be around for awhile i think, we can't keep them in stock at the dealership i work.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #657
Neejay
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
The Altima coupes will be around for awhile i think, we can't keep them in stock at the dealership i work.
Do you know if you sell more of the 2.5 or 3.5?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #658
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Do you know if you sell more of the 2.5 or 3.5?
I'd be willing to bet the 2.5. Traditionally the lower end models always sell more then the bigger engines. In auto too. Because don't forget, these cars are still pretty much made for chicks.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #659
Rkesh88
Zilvia Junkie

Rkesh88 is an unknown quantity at this point
id say they sell more 2.5, cause with the 3.5 fully loaded its running the g37 price so why not jump up? thats how i see it, too bad my cousin didnt. i also see more 2.5s when they try to race my 3.5se sedan. sad sad world
Rkesh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #660
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Altima Coupe's top out at about $32k with everything.

G37's start at $34 MSRP.

So yea they are pretty close. But out the door the G37 is going to be at least $36. But for the extra $75 a month the G37 is a no brainer.