Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doback View Post

If you don't have kids/major fiscal responsibilities, it isn't too hard to get approved for a loan that large. My buddy just bought a house for $450k and that is with a 65k/yr salary, no wife/kids and we are both 2 years out of school and make the same income.

See I have no wife or kids, no student loan debt and I make more than that. What did he do, take out a 5yr ARM?

I don't see the point on buying if you are NEVER going to pay it off, that's just a financial burden.

He is likely taking home $3-3,400 a month and at 30 years his mortgage has to be $2,800-3,000.

So best case he lives off $600 a month, worst case he is going into debt each month?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
See I have no wife or kids, no student loan debt and I make more than that. What did he do, take out a 5yr ARM?

I don't see the point on buying if you are NEVER going to pay it off, that's just a financial burden.

He is likely taking home $3-3,400 a month and at 30 years his mortgage has to be $2,800-3,000.

So best case he lives off $600 a month, worst case he is going into debt each month?
you can rent rooms out too. my friends gets 1450 a month renting 2 out of the 3 rooms at his house out.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
you can rent rooms out too. my friends gets 1450 a month renting 2 out of the 3 rooms at his house out.
Bingo, he is renting it out and gets about $1k a room which will cover about $2k of his mortgage. I have to ask him specifics, he put down around $45,000 that he had saved up.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
at 30 years his mortgage has to be $2,800-3,000.
Holy crap even for a married couple I would think a mortgage payment that high is outrageous.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote