Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #211
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
damn too much doe to build a skid pad too.. Im sure the property would be crazy prices even now... forza 3, youtube, thepiratebay.org, and the best of luck man...

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #212
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
I got FM3 (GT = xKA240SX 808x if you wanna hit me up) and YT down but IDK what to look for on PB, just any BMI vDrift vid? Do they have Option on there too?
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #213
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
not sure just search for whatever you are wanting to practice on.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 AM   #214
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin' Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ok, so all of you that say "no" to e-brake, and that it is wrong, and that you disconnected, you are wrong. I am not here to argue that everyone should use side brake all the time, but to think that you should never use it at all when you are drifting makes you a fool. I know a lot of people here are inspired by Japan when it comes to drifting and the touge here. Well, I hate to break it to you non-ebrake people, but you would die if you tried to drift in the mtn's here without using it. One downhill touge run and you go off a cliff for sure. Side brake is essential for trimming speed and line. You can use it to help pull your line out and get more angle as well as scrub speed when you are coming in too hot. I know a lot of professional drivers over here and they all use side brake.

As far as other techniques are concerned, you can not just stick to one or two. You have to learn and master all of them to be good at drifting. You should also try to drift as many car's as possible. I had to completely change up my style of driving to drift my friends c35 laurel (I drive a s14). Every vehicle, every set-up, every track, and every corner will require different inputs to the car and the inputs you put into the car may require you to make more inputs.

This is my .02 on the matter. I could go into WAY more details about techniques, but doing it on a forum is going to be too broad and difficult.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #215
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
^^
For the few of us that are say "no to e-brake" like me, we're the guys with stock KA power. So we have kinda of have to change drifting techniques to like a under power car. I know of few of us are talking about a single track where we can't lose any speed or else it'll change the rest of the drift for us.

Now don't get me wrong e-brake drifting is something I learned to do and do enjoy it when I can enough speed for it or setup for.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #216
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

I have drifted bone stock KA and n/a SR's and with both of them i have used/needed to use side brake. Check out this video, I am driving the green s14 (it was a missile project) . It's NA sr20de and I use side brake. Gaijin Smash Ebisu Nov 09 on Vimeo
Old 05-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #217
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Im just gonna leave this here.............

Tanner Foust Backward Entry on Vimeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
DAMN ... lol not the first time Ive seen it done tho. ken block did that aswell around a cone in his second vid. FF to 2:09 YouTube - Ken Block's Amazing Drift

Both are sick.. and man is Tanner gettin use to that TC his mulholland run was sick too.

YouTube - Tanner Foust Street Drift: Mulholland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240R View Post
and I'm gonna leave This:

YouTube - The Perfect Drift

with that........
I really think that both Kawabata's and Foust's backwards entries were on accident. When Kawabata did it, his car slowed down so much, but he has the steering angle and horsepower to pull him out of a complete stop or spin.

Same thing with Foust. He was way off the first clipping point because of it and he also had the horsepower to pull him out. Now I'm not saying that they were lucky or anything, they are amazing drivers, but I'd like to see them try it again with the same end results.

Ken Block's backwards entry is completely different. I'd like to see him try it in a RWD car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin' Sam View Post
Ok, so all of you that say "no" to e-brake, and that it is wrong, and that you disconnected, you are wrong. I am not here to argue that everyone should use side brake all the time, but to think that you should never use it at all when you are drifting makes you a fool. I know a lot of people here are inspired by Japan when it comes to drifting and the touge here. Well, I hate to break it to you non-ebrake people, but you would die if you tried to drift in the mtn's here without using it. One downhill touge run and you go off a cliff for sure. Side brake is essential for trimming speed and line. You can use it to help pull your line out and get more angle as well as scrub speed when you are coming in too hot. I know a lot of professional drivers over here and they all use side brake.

As far as other techniques are concerned, you can not just stick to one or two. You have to learn and master all of them to be good at drifting. You should also try to drift as many car's as possible. I had to completely change up my style of driving to drift my friends c35 laurel (I drive a s14). Every vehicle, every set-up, every track, and every corner will require different inputs to the car and the inputs you put into the car may require you to make more inputs.

This is my .02 on the matter. I could go into WAY more details about techniques, but doing it on a forum is going to be too broad and difficult.
Didn't read the whole thread, but I don't think anyone here is strictly no ebrake. I'm sure everyone uses it from time to time, but some less than others. If you are talking about canyon drifting then yes, e-brake is almost a must. If we are talking track drifting with clipping points and what not, you would only use it to hold, extend, or correct a line; but most of the time you'll loose points for doing that.

Oh, I like how the last clip of you is e-braking and then almost understeering into a wall. lol.

Totally jealous that you've driven on that track though. haha.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #218
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
E brake was cool.
.... when you are going down a straightaway and slide into the turn.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #219
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin' Sam View Post
I have drifted bone stock KA and n/a SR's and with both of them i have used/needed to use side brake. Check out this video, I am driving the green s14 (it was a missile project) . It's NA sr20de and I use side brake. Gaijin Smash Ebisu Nov 09 on Vimeo
I don't want to had more fuel to a fire but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
E brake was cool.
.... when you are going down a straightaway and slide into the turn.
Pretty much what he said.

Again everyone has there own way of drifting. If you like side brake drift good for you. I like braking/trail braking drifting or throttle lifting. I had my fun with e-brakes but then learn how to faster and hold a better angle drift for some turns then others. Again I still do and use my e-brakes for some turns.

Also again I'm on wayy bigger tires/wheels then you. I most of us KA are bigger tires. Your on i believe are like 15x6 (idk that wheel..) w/ 205 or 195/55/15 with a lot over camber like -3 ish so there like no traction so it's easier for you to side around.
I'm on 17x9 w/ 225/45/17 with -1.2 camber way more traction to deal with but I'm able to control my drift way more. Also I'm drifting on random autocross course where I need a lot of traction so I can follow a line.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #220
Slidin' Sam
Zilvia Addict

That last clip at the end of the video was definately one of my friends failing, lol. I forgot to mention, that was filmed with a horrible slipping stock clutch...I don't know how we drove that car home! lol
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #221
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
+1 on watching the Drift Bible.
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #222
SHINCHU
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SHINCHU is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone have specs on the foust tC? is it the same car that was built for gushi? rwd compnonents used form the yaris, right? would be rad if somebody sold a kit to bolt all that shit on with minimum fab.
that tC reminds me of a new levin more than this ft86 crap.

speaking of 86, with my old kookoo i used to just haul ass to a corner and stand on the brakes, with a gentle turn in, that thing just whipped right around. damn i miss that car...
got some footage somewhere from DD16 @ fontana... so fun. need to find the footage and upload it.

also about clutch kicking while coming towards a wall... it actually helped me get away from the wall at ebisu school course. if you search youtube for "shinchu ebisu" i have 4 parts there, one of them i get kinda close to the wall and stabbed the clutch and increased angle. better than what i did at fuji drift course. i went wide there, panicked and hit the brakes. bumped into the wall, but zero damage. lucked out.
anywho, continue with thread of kissing drifters. nothin but love here!

oh and the pirate bay... i just got drift tengoku #48 there. good tech on increasing your steering angle. they show how much you get from spacers, tie rods, knuckles, etc. including grinding down the little nub on your knuckles that hit the limit stops on your LCA. its not much but everything counts, right?
SHINCHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #223
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINCHU View Post
anyone have specs on the foust tC? is it the same car that was built for gushi? rwd compnonents used form the yaris, right? would be rad if somebody sold a kit to bolt all that shit on with minimum fab.
that tC reminds me of a new levin more than this ft86 crap.
Gushi's TC and Foust's TC are completely different. Gushi has a Beams 4cyl turbo motor, and Foust has a Toyota NASCAR V8 motor. haha

And Yaris' are FWD...?
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #224
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you are talking about e-braking down a touge....we are talking about a track...there is minimal speed changes at certain tracks...and for the few of us with no to limited power, it's not necessary...not only that, but slows you down too much. Don't get me wrong, I've used it, but it's usually when i'm tandeming and having to correct.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #225
erickaori628

erickaori628 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep im a noob at posting

Last edited by erickaori628; 05-15-2010 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: attached thumbnails
erickaori628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #226
erickaori628

Yep im a noob a posting

Last edited by erickaori628; 06-13-2011 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #227
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickaori628 View Post
Hi. Just thought I'd jump in. I'm new to Zilvia and l'm enjoying this forum. Lived in Japan for the last 5 yrs. I now have a stock ka sohc drifting that. Like Tsuchiya said "a lot of techniques can't be learned in a high powered vehicle" so props to you fellaz doing it with low power. Mad respect. I also have experience drifting low power vehicles. In response to Slidin' Sam I use my e-brake a lot. It keeps me on the track/touge by maintaining complete balance. It’s a correction to overdoing it on the apex. So I don’t see anything wrong with it. Beside I love Choku dori entries too much. I need to keep my speed up in my KA so I don’t use my e-brake initiating on the track. Touge is a different beast.

Please check me out on youtube. Type MSP drifting. Click on E. Williams. This is an old video. Editing sucks. I improved a lot since 2008. I'll post new stuff when I return home from iraq.

Drifting is when your sidewayz before you hit that corner
Holy fuck I feel like I just read Tokyo Drift in a book format or something.

The way I see it is you have all these components of a car. Use it all.

Best way to learn is just to try it all and see what suits you and the track.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #228
erickaori628

DAM bro. Didn't mean to make it sound like a novel. But ur right if ur car came with it use it.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #229
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Im almost done setting up my s14 and I know Im not gonna have a perfect set up so test and tune time. learning what parts can help with what function that best suits you, will get you somewhere, many go over the top or build to the specs of others but Im building it around me and how I drift. builds character... lol

I thank those who gave helpful feedback in this thread because I will be practicing this weekend and have a few key items Im gonna focus on. as far as technique and set up.

Last edited by jspec240; 05-15-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Old 05-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #230
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Push your self handicapped. The after market parts will always be there. Skill will not.....
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #231
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
THIS!
YouTube - Nobuteru Taniguchi Drift Tecnique - Dorifuto Tekunikku in Tsukuba
Is amazing...
pacotaco345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #232
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240XTC View Post
Push your self handicapped. The after market parts will always be there. Skill will not.....
Thats not nice.... lol Ill I got skill in my s13 but just got my s14 goin so I guess Ill have a lil handicap in that aspect.... this whole thread is about getting insight and feedback for me it keeps an outsiders perspective straying away from tunnel vision.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #233
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
Trader Rating: (16)
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Thats not nice.... lol Ill I got skill in my s13 but just got my s14 goin so I guess Ill have a lil handicap in that aspect.... this whole thread is about getting insight and feedback for me it keeps an outsiders perspective straying away from tunnel vision.
The statement was made in general not directed.
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #234
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Im almost done setting up my s14 and I know Im not gonna have a perfect set up so test and tune time. learning what parts can help with what function that best suits you, will get you somewhere, many go over the top or build to the specs of others but Im building it around me and how I drift. builds character... lol

I thank those who gave helpful feedback in this thread because I will be practicing this weekend and have a few key items Im gonna focus on. as far as technique and set up.
Try to get a camera setup in your car. Make sure you can see your steering work and some what of your pedal work. It's great learning when you can see what your doing and trying to improve on it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #235
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

U know.. I thought about it before but I think Im really gonna have to do it now... good lookin out..

Old 05-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #236
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

hehe rgr that! I enjoy watching my laps and seeing how i can improve on.

This is last autocross i was at. Trying to grip but one of my rear wheel has a really bad toe so I had a lot of oversteer problems. Also I didn't take enough time setup my camera so it wasn't great view. But here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvdmSvNbJ0

You better post your video =D
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #237
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

will do,,, still gotta get a camera and a mounting kit..

Last edited by jspec240; 05-17-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #238
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I've been starting to learn how to use both clutch kicking and e-braking in my Z32. At Balcony, I initiate using the e-brake. A quick jab of the e-brake and the rear end comes out and enough speed is scrubbed so the rear end doesn't swing out from under me. I've noticing that if I'm transitioning quickly after the initiation, e-brake works best.
However, at the NOS Center, where you intiate into a wide banked sweeper, clutch kicking helps keep my rpms up and doesn't allow for any loss of speed. Same with the higher speed course at El Toro. The wide right hander is initiated through clutch kick in order to keep all of the momentum I have in order to keep wheel speed up to keep 255s spinning.
Initiation just depends on what the first turn leads to for my car.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #239
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Thats awesome your drifting a Z32... just from what people said I never would have tried to drift one but I ended up trading a truck for one, a slick top which has a little shorter wheel base than the usual t-top.. and let me tell you.. It did very well, I just really hate working on the engines.. lol

Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #240
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChow View Post
hehe rgr that! I enjoy watching my laps and seeing how i can improve on.

This is last autocross i was at. Trying to grip but one of my rear wheel has a really bad toe so I had a lot of oversteer problems. Also I didn't take enough time setup my camera so it wasn't great view. But here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvdmSvNbJ0

You better post your video =D

If your gonna do a cam tho post it inside so you can see exactly what you are doing to make the car react, have someone on the outside too but mainly you want one on the inside.

I have an old one from the outside