Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

View Poll Results: Best s13 tension rods on the market.
Kazama 14 8.33%
Tein 14 8.33%
Peak 12 7.14%
SPL 66 39.29%
JIC 3 1.79%
Powered by Max 42 25.00%
Cusco 9 5.36%
Others 23 13.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #31
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That really doesnt do much but give you extended adjustment. How far do you really need to go with caster that the others wont? lol
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #32
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboibrad View Post
pbm seems to be the only one to adjust from both ends.. hmm
All of them are "adjustable" on both ends.

You loosen the locking bolts and adjust it by the middle piece.
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #33
speedfreak90
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
speedfreak90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i vote spl!!!!!!
speedfreak90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #34
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
thanks guy's! anyone else with any input?

i kind of figured SPL would be in the lead.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #35
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I'm going to say it one more time. SPL are not as great as everyone thinks they are. Don't get me wrong, good tension rods, but not any better than the other companies really. I used them, I liked them, but I didn't like the fact that they started corroding so quickly.

Check out the rod end on the PSM ones:

POWERED BY MAX: Forums フォーラム / パーツショプMAXプロダクトフォーラム Parts Shop MAX Products Forum / Generation III multilink suspension

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #36
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Peak gets my vote. Uber beefy + Aurora rod ends = win.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #37
hb24drftr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hb24drftr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Peak gets my vote. Uber beefy + Aurora rod ends = win.
great point! ^^ the Aurora rod ends. Make sure the arms you get have the nicer rod ends. the megan racing stuff has some sub par rod ends that go out in a couple thousand miles. the Aurora rod ends are some of the nicest out there. Thats all i use on all the trucks i build, and they last!!
hb24drftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #38
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Indeed. I've had mine for about two years. I've put well over 25k miles on them, through rain, mud, and dirt backroads, and the Aurora ends still look brand new.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #39
21Nemesis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 21Nemesis Send a message via MSN to 21Nemesis Send a message via Yahoo to 21Nemesis
I went with SPC and changed out the bushing with an ES poly one.

(888) 611-1776
21Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #40
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I've had Tein's on my S13 for past several years, it's the track car. and I went off track hard many many times. and in wet mud/grass as well, super fast and hard.

T3/Techno Toy Tuning on my S14 for past 2 years now, couple of track days and been daily driven since the install of the TC rod.

No problem what so ever with either one of them.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #41
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Nemesis View Post
I went with SPC and changed out the bushing with an ES poly one.

I do agree with the SPC. But, why would you change out the bushing for Poly?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #42
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
SPL parts, always and forever.

Not only will Kuah help you out when you have problems, but he is constantly revising his products and doesn't leave you high and dry when he updates.

Customer service is above and beyond!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #43
xBlastoisex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
xBlastoisex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
SPL parts, always and forever.

Not only will Kuah help you out when you have problems, but he is constantly revising his products and doesn't leave you high and dry when he updates.

Customer service is above and beyond!
exactly.. if a new version comes out you always have a option to update no matter which version you had before.
xBlastoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #44
21Nemesis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about21Nemesis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 21Nemesis Send a message via MSN to 21Nemesis Send a message via Yahoo to 21Nemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I do agree with the SPC. But, why would you change out the bushing for Poly?
The SPC TRs come with a stiffer rubber bushing, which would mean, eventually it would have to be replaced. With the poly bushings, you don't have to worry about that.

(888) 611-1776
21Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #45
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
PSM's FTW. PSM always makes new parts and are looking to improve there parts. Dan at PSM is ths shit helps with anything and everything something goes wrong and he will make sure its fixed. also i have PSM's on my car same with PSM ruca's best thing ever.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #46
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Nemesis View Post
The SPC TRs come with a stiffer rubber bushing, which would mean, eventually it would have to be replaced. With the poly bushings, you don't have to worry about that.
worry about a bushing replacement in 10 years is superior to worrying about the LCA cracking

otherwise, the spc arm is good as a low maintenance adjustable piece. but it is inferior in terms of performance compared to a heim. not that you couldn't put a heim in the spc arm.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #47
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
if you want jdm, get ikeya formula ones.

if you want local customer support get, spl or psm. there are representatives of both these companies are members of this board.
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #48
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
worry about a bushing replacement in 10 years is superior to worrying about the LCA cracking

otherwise, the spc arm is good as a low maintenance adjustable piece. but it is inferior in terms of performance compared to a heim. not that you couldn't put a heim in the spc arm.
I would rather have the rubber going over speedbumps.

Urethane wears out just as fast as rubber, crumbles and shit.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #49
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I'm going to say it one more time. SPL are not as great as everyone thinks they are. Don't get me wrong, good tension rods, but not any better than the other companies really. I used them, I liked them, but I didn't like the fact that they started corroding so quickly.

Check out the rod end on the PSM ones: