Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
shane_lxi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'90 24de/5spd swap finished (no 56k)

My first s13 was a '91 fastback. I bought it off an old lady for $2800. She was the first owner, it had all the service records since new, a recent tuneup, new brakes struts, everything, and I totaled it. Switched lanes into a truck leaving Oly. I was forced to drive a rust bucket truck for 5 months as I searched out a new s13. I found a '90 shell with an automatic tranny, and a blown 24e for $1500. I payed was too much for it, but I finally got it running on wednesday of last week. Pretty easy swap, did the 5spd conversion and ka24de swap (out of my totaled '91) at the same time, so I was kind of juggling two things at once, but it got handled alright. Here are some pics I took during and after the swap.

During Swap:
The red one is the totaled '91, the black is my new '90

After Swap:
All that work finally paid off, about 2 weeks later when I finally figured out how to wire the starter, lol. There's a guy in town who bought a car that got a 5spd tranny swap, so he let me check out his wiring, so simple, I'm mad at myself for not figuring it out sooner. Right after I got it running, I put my 16x7 +15 wheels on (which I ordered 2 days before wrecking my '91, lol) They are FLOOSH! They stuck out about 3mm before I lowered the car last friday (eibach prokit), but the camber corrected that. That's all I've done to it so far, other than the motor/tranny swap that is. Here's the pics enjoy.

Flooshi Flooshi! 16x7 +15 offset, with 205 55 16 zeix. I like their stance, nice and flush.

DIRTY! lol

that's it, what do you think?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
looks clean! why are so many people wrecking their s13s

more pics of the 510!!!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Not bad, The DOHC looks really clean too, glad to see you are back in the game.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
good start on your project, but i'm not really feeling the wheels or the drop.

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #5
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All of these S13's around. I could at least find a few that will hold their own with competion, aesthetically speaking. I've seen so many nissan's being built, engine modifications to the T, beautifully tuned but for what, I'm not seeing the passion in throughout the whole project, it's almost like they're being built just to speak on it at a party or some shit. It's all nice & toasty but damn, I wanna catch some all-around quality these days. . .No offense to you Shane. For real, I hope you hear where I'm coming from.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #6
ghambino
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
NICE! I'll be doing the same thing this summer on my auto s13. Good idea, I think I will just buy a wrecked parts car too, that way I get my swap and parts for when chit breaks.
ghambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Does your asshole still hurt after paying 1500 for a pignose with an auto and a blown engine?

... I paid 500 for one with ZERO rust, good body (except for 15-year old paint) and perfect dash, then did the same thing.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #8
dannyboi
Zilvia Member

dannyboi is making a name for him/her selfdannyboi is making a name for him/her self
Philip... not everyone can get a great deal like that.... however, its not hard to get a "good" deal. You just gotta look.... 1500 for a blown auto 240 is ridiculus.
dannyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #9
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
but in cali.. theres isnt an abundance of 240s with straights frames or decently looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #10
Prep Guy

Prep Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
I think some guys had a party inside ur wreck.

anyways..looking clean.
Prep Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:30 AM   #11
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_YON_Zenki
All of these S13's around. I could at least find a few that will hold their own with competion, aesthetically speaking. I've seen so many nissan's being built, engine modifications to the T, beautifully tuned but for what, I'm not seeing the passion in throughout the whole project, it's almost like they're being built just to speak on it at a party or some shit. It's all nice & toasty but damn, I wanna catch some all-around quality these days. . .No offense to you Shane. For real, I hope you hear where I'm coming from.
wtf?! , lol. The car had a blown motor, I had no choice but to swap the motor from the '91 I used to have in it right away. I didn't have a car. I wan't trying to get any added performance out of it, except for the 5spd tranny.

As for being raped on the blown pignose... I KNOW!!!!! When I wrecked my '91, that was the only shell I could find in my area, and all the complete and running 240's were going for $2500+. This old guy wanted $1300 for this car, I asked if I could make payments, so he charged me $1500, paying him $200 a month. I know I got raped, but now that I can drive my 240 again, it doesn't matter to me.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #12
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light

i like your style.
95zilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #13
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

yeah, my foam spoiler killed the black trunk lid. i had to put the red trunk lid on from my parts car, then somebody backed into it right after I put it on... I just can't win, lol.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #14
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
hey man, if your center AC bezel isn't broken in the totalled car i will buy it off of you. every junkyard and front clip i see has missing center AC vent bezels in the dash.

hook me up yo.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #15
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

show me a pic of what you want, and I'll get back to you in a few weeks. I'm selling so much stuff off that car. Just give me a bit to deal with some other people.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #16
TOMY
BANNED

TOMY is a well-known jackass
you basturd... i now maybe scraping the SR project and turn to a KA. Nice work
TOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #17
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
change your 89-90 bumper with the 91-94 one........
Old 05-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #18
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Pignose yo....Actually S13 Silvia front end is so sexy...

I'll show you passion throughout my whole project, the key to building a car is balance. Which means a car with 500hp that can't corner is useless, balance is what my project is all about. I am building my S13 to be driven, why spend thousands in performance parts that were designed to be beaten on and park the car in the garage. I know your statement was not pointed towards me but I am just giving you another opinion.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #19
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

the chuki bumper goes on in a few days (I thought I posted that already), I just need to wait until I can get around to picking up some black primer, lol. I can't afford to paint the car just yet, so everythings gonna look ghetto for a while. THe pignose bumper has no clear coat, so it looks like primer anyhow, lol, it won't make a difference if I put on a nicer bumper with the same finish.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #20
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspecproducts

more pics of the 510!!!

good job, btw
Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #21
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

www.cardomain.com/id/ibommerscheim

There ya go, lol. Knock yourselves out.

'69 datsun 510 coupe
- L16 from a bulletside pickup
- 15x7 0mm wheels
- Cut springs (lol)
- 5spd tranny
- '86 celica seats
- 20mm flares front and rear

That's it, other than that, gutted. My brother's project, not mine, but it's coming out nice and clean, just the wiring is left for it ot run. I had one for a few months, but the floor board was rusted out, so I scrapped the project.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #22
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13

see how the AC vents dont have any trim around the edge? i need that.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #23
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

I'll trade it to you for your seats, lol. jp. Give me your adress. If I can send it through the mail, you can have it for free. I just don't like fucking with shipping :P.