Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Porsche accuses Nissan GT-R of cheating the 'Ring

09-30-2008 08:02 AM

Filed under: , ,

Click above for high-res gallery of the Nissan GT-R

Sour grapes or legitimate complaint? That's the question we're left pondering after reading that Porsche believes Nissan must have cheated to record its 7:29:03 lap time of the famed Nürburgring race circuit. Porsche claims that it had been suspicious of the Nissan's lap times, so it acquired a U.S.-spec GT-R for testing back-to-back with its own 911 Turbo and GT2. The result? The mighty Godzilla was toppled by the Teutonic German duo, with the GT-R posting times a good 25-seconds slower than Nissan's claim.

How can Porsche explain the discrepancy? "This wonder car with 7:29 could not have been a regular series production car. For us, it's not clear how this time is possible. What we can imagine with this Nissan is they used other tires," says August Achleitner, the man in charge of the 911 program. There is footage of the GT-R lapping the 'Ring at high speed, but it's taken from inside the car where the tires cannot be seen.

Considering the fact that Nissan saw fit to issue a press release commemorating the car's fast-lap, we doubt this is something that will be taken lightly. There's a big can 'o worms here, and Porsche's in the corner holding the opener.

[Source: Carsguide]
ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
i wouldnt be surprised if they did use different tires. run-flats arn't really performance oriented to begin with. they should be OPTIONAL, not standard.

even still it is an amazing car, and check out top gears lap times for it, simply astonishing.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I think Porsche is looking for any excuse possible to prove Nissan wrong. Of course run flats are not going to perform as well. For Porsche to just grab a showroom U.S, car to test against their GT2 one has to ask is there GT2 a U.S. spec showroom GT2 as well?

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
the Germans are just sore losers. they have been bitter since the days that the Z's came out and were beating 911's in the 70's.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Angry German = sauerkraut?

Last edited by usdm180sx; 10-02-2008 at 09:16 AM..
usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
i wouldnt be surprised if they did use different tires. run-flats arn't really performance oriented to begin with. they should be OPTIONAL, not standard.
I think the problem is that for safety regulations the car must be equipped with either a spare tire or runflats...

it seems a lot of automakers are opting for run flats over a donut, I suppose it's easier to just install different tires then it is to design and build in locations to store a donut and jack.

...not to mention the concept of a run flat sells better than trying to convince someone that they don't have them because of the performance benefits.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Exactly. Angry Japanese guy= SoSueMe?
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Exactly. Angry Japanese guy= SoSueMe?
lol you guys hahahhahhahhaha

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #9
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Porsche better be right in their accusations, otherwise I'm definitely not buying that 911 I wasn't considering.

If Porsche does turn out to be wrong, then it means that the GTR is impossibly fast and more kudos to the Nissan engineers.

Last edited by The ROMAN; 10-02-2008 at 02:51 PM..
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
Justin Bernstein
Zilvia Member

Justin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymoreJustin Bernstein is not welcome here anymore
i think ill take the porshe around the track for a 15 minute lap time. then describe the results as objective.
Justin Bernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Looks like Nissan engineers are coming up too fast for Porsche to strike back engineering wise. Thus, the accusation was made. A marque of Porsche's stature should have just handled it differently. Sad indeed.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Either that or porsche knows they're right. I think in most track situations porsche would pwn the gtr. Stock vs Stock. Porsche brakes and oil coolers and suspension are just race duty parts where GTR isn't. Germans are analytical and if they say it's 29 seconds off with stock tires then it's probably a 20 lap computerized statistical analysis where the net result on a good day average is 29 seconds. Even bruno senna made a remark about that on 5th gear when he drove the two head to head. The GTR did great for one lap but with the weight of the car the performance could not be sustained.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
The fucking evo 10 Is faster than the porsche.. YouTube - Nissan GT-R v the World: GT-R v R8 v 911 v STI v Evo v Elise

Everyone Is hating on the GTR
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Sounds like porsche is jealous
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #15
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
They changed tires...big fucking whoop even if they did. If they changed the suspension, then that might be a legit moan and groan. Anybody can change tires. He'll most people who buy sportscars probably change tires anyway to cater their own personal needs. I know if I ever buy a sports car, im changing those bitches to AD07s quick.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
^^^ i can understand that its just tires, and i agree its no big deal. but lets say porsche is right, then nissan should have used the tires they used to claim that track time as the production model tires.
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #17
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I beat the bot haha http://zilvia.net/f/2353375-post1003.html

I didn't cheat either.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #18
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
No big deal?

Let porsche put some slicks on the 911 and the GT and take it around again...

You guys think Porsche would put this kind of schenanigans out without actually testing it a bunch of times? Walter Rohrl probably drove it around and said it can't be done. I'd take that source as reliable.
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
lol yeah i guess your right, anything that can affect 25 seconds....is kind of a big deal. I agree that porsche is a legit ass company and i highly doubt they would make a statement like this without being able to back it up.

I cant wait to hear an official statement made by nissan about this.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #20
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not saying this is the end all or anything, but out of curiosity I looked up some times on top gear's test track:

8. 1:19.7 – Nissan GT-R
10. 1:19.8 – Porsche Carrera GT
18. 1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS
41. 1:26.2 – Porsche 911 Carrera S

The 911 Turbo placed 78th with a time of 1.31.0, but the track was "very wet".
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_ewok View Post
No big deal?
+1, tire compound is a huge factor. Just by changing tire compounds you can drop seconds off your time, and that's just on an AutoX size course. It's why some classes let you run street tires, semi race, and full slicks.

If nissan didn't run the ring as we were let to believe "off the showroom" that is not good.

Either way the (personally not a fan) Viper ACR ran a 7:22. Goodnight ZR1 and GTR.

Video > 2009 Dodge Viper ACR on the Nurburgring | Concept Photos, Reviews, & More at Motortrend.com

Shift damn it

Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #22
twotoes
Zilvia Member

^^^ ....god i know....im not a fan either but that thing is insane. Everything ive read on it basically describes it as the car Jesus would be rollin in. wow....dude on that vid doesnt like to shift does he?

but still.....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
Zilvia FREAK!

^Bwaahahahaha so true.

YouTube - Viper ACR vs Corvette ZR1 at The Nurburgring

Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #24
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Sauerkraut's nickname is victory cabbage

therefore, Angry German = Victory Cabbage?

lol dunno maybe porshe is gunna bust these gt-r guys on somthin.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #25
Eddie@Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (6)
Eddie@Performance is making a name for him/her selfEddie@Performance is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eddie@Performance
Well that's simple to prove. Why not Nissan just put race slicks on the GT-R and post a much better time then the 7:29 to prove them it was factory tires, this will make em shut the hell up!
Duarte, CA 91010
Where the 210 & 605 Freeways meet, Buena Vista Exit!

My Garage:
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo (modded weekend car)
2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 (Race/Weekend bike)
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited (Daily stock and boring)
2002 Honda VFR800 Interceptor V-TEC (Sport Touring Bike)
Eddie@Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
i dont know much about the gtr. i havnt stopped at the nissan dealer yet. but from what i remember reading its what, like 47x hp, and 44x torque, with a 0-60 at like 3.5 right? being that i havnt driven one, and will not likely ever will, i dont know how they handle. i do love nissan, but i also like porsche very much. the turbo is rated at 480hp, 460 torque, and a 0-60 of 3.4. now i dont think there is too much difference in handling between the two cars. but for the skyline to be 9 seconds faster than the turbo on that track is a huge difference. i dont know if the 25 seconds slower thing is real or porsche is just trying to make nissan look real bad. but it wouldnt surprise me that nissan did maybe change tires and gave them that 9 second advantage over the turbo. i honestly think that the skyline should be around the same time as the turbo. the gt2 is a very very limited production porsche that is now out of production again. it also boasts more power and less weight, with incredible handling. so to compare the skyline to the gt2 is not right. the gt2 i think did the ring in like what 1.30 or something real close to that. it of course is also twice the price of the gtr. i'm just trying to state things objectively.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #27
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
The GTR comes with two tire options michelins or dunlops, the dunlops are not run flats IIRC so they may have provided better grip. Whereas porsche probably grabbed one with the crappy michelins on it.

EDIT** It's Bridgestones and Dunlops for the US cars, not sure which ones the Germans had.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #28
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
^and porsche's use bridgestone and michelin. maybe they should run both cars using the bridgestones because they're probably the same tire. would only make sense....lol

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #29
Eddie@Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Eddie@Performance is making a name for him/her selfEddie@Performance is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Senor View Post
^and porsche's use bridgestone and michelin. maybe they should run both cars using the bridgestones because they're probably the same tire. would only make sense....lol
Which Porsche? Ive seen many come with Continental tires and Pirelli's.
Duarte, CA 91010

My Garage:
Old 10-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #30
Eddie@Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

The GTR's we've had on our lots all had Dunlops. I havent come across any Bridgestone ones yet.
Duarte, CA 91010

My Garage: