Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #19591
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quick question for the community, my problem is at idle. The engine/car seems to shake a little every 3-4 seconds. It drives, shifts, de/accelerates without any noticeable issues.

Im not exactly sure what the issue could be.

A wild guess, would egr be affecting engine performance? I noticed one of my harness plugs in the back on the intake manifold is detached/gone and the carbon canister in the rear has the harnesses just hanging there.

Last edited by DJTTon; 04-10-2016 at 08:16 AM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2016, 08:53 AM   #19592
LKing

Trader Rating: (0)
LKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone with a RB20 knows where this line from the Intercooler is suppose to go??(Red Circle)

Also my intake manifold dosent have a line for the BOV only for the charcoal canister. What other line can I use for the BOV?
LKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #19593
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been pondering if I need an oil restrictor for my HKS GT2530 but then found this post:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f169...ml#post7670632

Is that accurate for our application?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #19594
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

More info I found:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f169...ml#post7670632

So yes it has a restrictor, but allegedly for for higher then 45psi we need another 1.2mm one.

Last edited by Crazyced; 04-12-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #19595
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ive been running a restrictor on my S15 SpecR turbo for over 4 years now, zero issues... and i live in Vegas where it gets stupid hot! car has been daily driven ever since my S15 T28 was installed.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #19596
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive been running a restrictor on my S15 SpecR turbo for over 4 years now, zero issues... and i live in Vegas where it gets stupid hot! car has been daily driven ever since my S15 T28 was installed.
What I wonder is if the turbo already has an internal 0.8mm restrictor, what could another bigger restrictor put in front of it possibly do?
Old 04-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #19597
yzrider450f
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
yzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Having issues leaning out after recent swap, realized P.O. gave me a KA stock FPR instead of an SR one.

It bolts up and gives me the correct 40psi at idle but im not sure if it acts the same under load..

Any input let me know!

Thanks.

s14 SR in s13
yzrider450f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #19598
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
if youre not sure if your A/F ratios are correct under load, then how do you know youre leaning outx especially with no gauge?

you wont be able to find a brand new SR FPR, no one sells them. spend the cash and buy a Tomei or Aeromotive FPR and get a fuel pressure gauge with it so you can properly adjust your fuel pressure. i personally run a 3 in 1 Gloshift boost/water temp/fuel pressure gauge. it was cheap but it works fine and i can monitor my fuel pressure in cabin (it saved my butt when my last walbro took a shit and my fuel pressure was all over the place)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #19599
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Automatic trans, stock ka24de s13. Stopped in DRIVE ONLY, What would cause rpms to slowly drop from 700 to 550 RPM? I dont believe its a hole in the brake booster hose because this only happens in drive, not neutral or park.

Thanks
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #19600
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
I need sr20 help, how would I go about removing the Coolant lines going to the TB (leaking)? Remove the upper intake? Any advice would help thanks!
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:19 AM   #19601
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
I need sr20 help, how would I go about removing the Coolant lines going to the TB (leaking)? Remove the upper intake? Any advice would help thanks!
I had to do it like 4 times after my Sr swap and I remember it being a bitch every time. You've got the right idea though, just remove the upper half of intake manifold and you should be able to see where all the coolant lines run to/from.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #19602
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
I had to do it like 4 times after my Sr swap and I remember it being a bitch every time. You've got the right idea though, just remove the upper half of intake manifold and you should be able to see where all the coolant lines run to/from.
Do you have any pics? Also when I remove the lines do I cap both sides or do I need a new hose?
Old 04-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #19603
Cold Sake

Cold Sake is an unknown quantity at this point
Once again my Ka is giving me a fun time, rebuilt the top end blah blah put it back together blah. Wont start. No fuel, no spark. I believe i found the wire from the ecu, but idk what to do with it. thought it was grounding out doesnt look like it. the ignition relay will buzz then click then i believe thats when the spark cuts out and will no longer make noise unless i move the wire again, Any ideas??
Cold Sake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #19604
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
What makes this intercooler

http://www.frsport.com/GReddy-120204..._p_194524.html

so much more expensive than this intercooler?

http://www.frsport.com/GReddy-120204...s_p_21399.html
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 PM   #19605
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

So my sr isn't getting oil to the head, the block was dry and I put at least 5 qts in it. I was reading a dented oil pan could cause it. My oil pan was dented but I banged it out maybe it's the problem? Also I primed the engine a lot and it seems the squirters aren't working. Anything will help thanks.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #19606
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
s13 damn lights

alright, I know this is supposed to be super simple, and it frustrates me that I can't seem to figure it out

If any one else has converted to silvia front and could chime in that'd be great.

I've looked up how to do this on all the ancient freshalloy, nico, and zilvia threads, and am trying to do it the way they say

I have triple projectors and am just trying to get them mocked up and working before I install them.

I have the foglight hooked up to the brown and black wires of the headlight retractor plug, this is supposed to enable you to just click the headlight button to turn the foglights.I also have the gray relay removed. for some reason it does not turn on or off when I press the button, my foglight itself works, as before I pulled the relay it would come on with the high beams.

Also for the headlights themselves, they share a common ground correct? they don't seem to just "plug in" like all the old threads said, as the three wire plug is different than the one coming out of the headlights.maybe there was a larger subharness that mine did not come with, I dunno.

I have green to green and red to red. with those hooked up, only the high beams will work, and not the low. What do I hook the pink wire to? also can I just route the headlight black ground to the thicker black ground wire on the retractor plug?

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #19607
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Idk man my triple beams plugged right in. All I had to do is extend the corner light connector.
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #19608
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Idk man my triple beams plugged right in. All I had to do is extend the corner light connector.

I'm thinking there must have been a harness that I am missing, there is low beam power so Ima check and see if the bulb is out.

The fog light thing still is a mystery to me though
Old 04-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #19609
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Do you have any pics? Also when I remove the lines do I cap both sides or do I need a new hose?
The are four nipples we need to discuss here.

This one is under the intake manifold:

This one facing forward above the throttle body:

Those two have water in them so cap them off or even better weld them shut.

After you do that, the two lines on the throttle body, 3 and 4 are irrelevant. I didn't even cap them just left them open.

You live in CA you don't need this.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #19610
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
Those two have water in them so cap them off or even better weld them shut.
If it were me, I'd just connect them together.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #19611
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone run MCA suspension and have opinions on it?
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #19612
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

found out the low beam bulb was out, I'm thinking I'll just replace all the bulbs, sorry for my silvia headlight noobness.

I found the list of the bulbs to use, can I get them fro the auto parts store? I've read you can't get the foglight bulbs, but I thought I'd ask before heading over to it

also my brand new walboro fuel pump is being weird, I know it's not the wiring because the old stock pump worked just fine. I cleaned the tank too.

The car started with this new pump, then the pump stopped working so I was messing with it, giving it direct power and stuff, and it wouldn't turn on, then I was just playing with it a little more and it started working again, so I put it back in.

Stopped working again so I replaced the pressure hose from the tank to the fuel hardlines, and it's still being weird.

Thinking it is a defective pump, so maybe I'll buy a new one, is there any better pumps to use than walboro? my cousin was badmouthing me for using walboros a while back, and I guess he was right. My other car with a walboro works fine though
Is bosch or denso better maybe? Been looking at them, but they all seem to be high liters/hour, and I don't want the car to run rich. What fuel pump should I use for stock setup other than a walboro?

Right now the car is running without a wideband and with stock fpr, as it is a stock setup and I think it'll be alright, that's why I worried it may run rich with a different pump
Old 04-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #19613
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Quick question for the community, my problem is at idle. The engine/car seems to shake a little every 3-4 seconds. It drives, shifts, de/accelerates without any noticeable issues.

Im not exactly sure what the issue could be.

A wild guess, would egr be affecting engine performance? I noticed one of my harness plugs in the back on the intake manifold is detached/gone and the carbon canister in the rear has the harnesses just hanging there.
Sorry, but Im still trying to generate possible ideas
Old 04-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #19614
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Sounds like a misfire. Check your plugs and the rest of the ignition system: Coilpacks or Cap, Rotor and Wires.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #19615
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sorry, but Im still trying to generate possible ideas
Are you running AC?
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #19616
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

I'm asking cuz I know it was warm out these past two days in Chicago if your running ac it might make it idle down every now n then
Old 04-17-2016, 08:28 PM   #19617
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

no AC in use, windows cracked open all the way and letting the wind do the work
Old 04-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #19618
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
no AC in use, windows cracked open all the way and letting the wind do the work
Sr or ka? Ka then check plugs and wires for slop. /Sr. possibly test igniter chip
Old 04-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #19619
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Its 160k miles old KA24DE, Im going to try pulling the distributor wires tmrw individually and see the response. The shake is ever so slight though and it can only be felt
Old 04-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #19620
MattTenFour

MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate to be the guy who says "I've searched but I couldn't find the answer!" But I've only found limited information regarding the question I have. I have an S13, which I'm planning on installing a fixed bucket seat in. I'm considering the Buddy Club P1 seat. I'm 6'02", 205lbs and have a 34 waist. I'm fairly certain I'll only fit in the wide version. Is there anyone who is my size that fits in this seat? Before you tell me to buy a Bride for $1,000, yes I have the money, but I'd rather spend it on tires or other upgrades. Thank you for the assistance!
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote