Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Briou
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Fuel Pump Working Sometimes...Need Help

Ok so I have searched and found tons of stuff about fuel pump problems but nothing quite the same as the problem I am running into....so here it is

Having a problem with my fuel pump....this is in my 93 240sx with an sr swap with the AEM computer...When ever I go to start my car the fuel pump doesn't prime...It will kick on once in about every 30 tries and once the car is started the pump runs as it is supposed to....I figured out that if I have the key in the ignition and turned to the on position, then I pull the ing switch fuse and replace it the pump will kick on...I have tested the voltage at the pump when I key on and it hits 13v for a second then immediately drops to 7.6ish...I am charging the battery now to see if that will change anything but until then does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links