Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
DMax hood fitment

As is seeming to be quite common I have an interferenace problem with the front of my valve cover and the hood when running the nismo engine mounts...does anyone not have this issue? If so what mounts are you using?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I'm assuming you're running a KA and the nismo mounts lift up the KA an inch or so and the DMax hood was probably designed with a SR in mind. My YF hood has a similar probelm, but barely rubs. Just get some lower motor mounts and you'll be fine.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
it rubs SLIGHTLY
can cut out underneath or raise the rear

2 of my friends have aDMAX
on a s13 silvia face and a flip up s13 (180sx)

nothing u cant make work
its easy
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
it rubs SLIGHTLY
can cut out underneath or raise the rear

2 of my friends have aDMAX
on a s13 silvia face and a flip up s13 (180sx)

nothing u cant make work
its easy
In addition to the above..filling your old engine mounts with polyurethane adhesive or sealant is an option to help make things work out.

Like a number of other people on the forums I refilled my old motor and transmission mounts with construction grade polyurethane adhesive and called it a day for mounts. I may end up venture into making custom solid mounts out of aluminum or some other metal.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I lowered my engine slightly by grinding the slot on the frame [both sides] where the engine mount bolts on,unbolt the engine mounts to the frame raise the engine , use a die grinder and a carbide bit and lengthen the slots down the frame then work the engine down a bit lower
Give it a try might help!
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
the head
Nissanaholic!

the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Dousan,

any idea how much interference we are talking? I can get a 1/4" from chainging to URAS mounts is that enough or not?

Hustler
Its an SR
Old 08-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by red240 View Post
I lowered my engine slightly by grinding the slot on the frame [both sides] where the engine mount bolts on,unbolt the engine mounts to the frame raise the engine , use a die grinder and a carbide bit and lengthen the slots down the frame then work the engine down a bit lower
Give it a try might help!

the mounts sit pretty much in the middle of those slots.... i can see that only effective in lowering one side of the motor while raising the other. unless of course youre on stock (blown) mounts that flex downwards LOL
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head View Post
Dousan,

any idea how much interference we are talking? I can get a 1/4" from chainging to URAS mounts is that enough or not?

Hustler
Its an SR
Kazama mounts sit the lowest, and reduce engine movement the most when compared to other aftermarket mounts.
Teknolust72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
the head
Nissanaholic!

anyone have any specs on excessive's solid aluminum mounts?

Who stocks the kazama mounts?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head View Post
anyone have any specs on excessive's solid aluminum mounts?

Who stocks the kazama mounts?
You can get the Kazama mounts from here:

More Japan
Old 09-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Style is on the path to ruinStyle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i have cusco mount, s14sr in 180sx and dmax carbon fiber hood. it doesnt hit anything. but then again i got this hood 3 years ago fefore anyone, and the underside of my hood is different than the new dmax hoods now. maybe thats why mine doesnt hit.
Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
i have cusco mount, s14sr in 180sx and dmax carbon fiber hood. it doesnt hit anything. but then again i got this hood 3 years ago fefore anyone, and the underside of my hood is different than the new dmax hoods now. maybe thats why mine doesnt hit.
How is your underside different...I thought they were all the same....