Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
leesredgt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
leesredgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
RB **RawBrokerage ISIS RB25 Manifold Review**

I had been looking for a decent quality and cheap Greddy style manifold for a while and was getting ready to buy an EBay when Ricky at RawBrokerage saw that I needed one. All I can say now is im very glad that I did not go with the manifold off EBay.

When I opened the box and pulled out the manifold I noticed the unusually smooth casting for a knock off manifold. There are some ruff places but nothing that wont be covered up buy the fuel rail or other parts. The main area is very smooth and top notch.

Top of Manifold:

Underneath Manifold:

Long shot of the intake:

Close up of the casting quality:

The flange that mounts to the engine was in the same condition as the rest and so were the intake ports, smooth as the rest of the Intake.
Intake ports:

When it came time to install the parts needed on the underside the parts went on easy. The water tube was a little tuff to install but I eventually got it with a little persuasion. The nipples and and hardware are provided with this manifold as well.

So the next part was to install the Manifold to the block. The manifold was very easily installed and took only a couple of taps to push all the way onto the studs. Once mounted the manifold sat flush and was easily bolted up with the bolts and washers provided.

The manifold comes with the tubing and clamps and zip ties needed for the cooling as well.
Over all I was very pleased with this manifold, for the price you just cant beat it. You get a good quality casted part with the service and backing of RawBrokerage, the backing alone of RawBrokerage makes it more worthwhile buying this part instead of one off of EBay.

So on a scale from 1-5….
Casting-4.0
Ease of install-4.5
Hardware-5.0
Price-5.0

So in closeing,if your looking for a cheap, good quality, non EBay manifold, look no further because RawBrokerage has got the part you need.

Raw Brokerage - Your online source for RB parts! : Home

Last edited by leesredgt; 02-15-2009 at 12:06 AM..
leesredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Zacho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Zacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have one as well, however from a different company, same thing.

I agree with everything you have said. I went over some of the ports with a fine file to get rid of some of the small burrs just to be safe. But 20 minutes of filing is no big deal to me at all. I used my own nipples so I had to re-tap some of the holes to be a little deeper. I honestly think that the price for these vs. what you get is very good. I have seen some of the ebay ones just looking like absolute garbage...mine looks WAY better than those.

I have a question for you man. Mine came like yours without the big waterhose neck not put into the manifold...what did you do when you put yours in? I'm guessing some kind of sealant and just pounded it in?
Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
leesredgt
Leaky Injector

Well im kinda wondering if i should have put some kind of sealant around mine.I just took it and kinda twisted it while pushing in on it and it went in pretty easy.Like i said i didnt put not sealant on it so will see.Im not totally for sure what kind of sealant i would need to be honest.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Cool review, no driving impressions? I've never driven a stock RB25, but I've driven one with a Greddy IM/cams/GT3071, and loved the powerband.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
leesredgt
Leaky Injector

Thanks! To be honest with you,i haven't got the engine back in the car yet lol.Im putting the engine into a convertible.

Ive got a build thread in Chat if you wanna check it out.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesredgt View Post
Thanks! To be honest with you,i haven't got the engine back in the car yet lol.Im putting the engine into a convertible.

Ive got a build thread in Chat if you wanna check it out.
Yeah just saw that and was like "oh, those pics look familiar" lol.

Good stuff!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Zacho
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Zacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Fairly noticeable throttle response increase, but however I don't see a noticeable gain in power at all. I mainly did mine so I could use less specific strut bars, less intercooler piping and overall cleaner look. Money well spent for me.
Zacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i have one of these waiting to go on also, looks really good. i also had to file some of the ports but it actually wasnt a big deal. im wondering if anyone has one and can compare it side to side with a greddy unit. mine looks really good and i dont think you would be able to tell it from a greddy. only thing is theres no install instructions and i have to search forums for install just to be sure. wouldnt be a big deal, just sucks for me because my laptop at home is being serviced and i dont know when im getting it back.

i wish i would be able to tell you if just the manifold how the power changed from the stocker but im also doing my injector and turbo upgrade at the same time followed by a retune.
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
does isis make one for the sr?

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Good reveiw I was thinking about getting one when I drop my RB in the Wifes car ^_^b

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
Yes Enjuku sells them
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
leesredgt
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Good reveiw I was thinking about getting one when I drop my RB in the Wifes car ^_^b

Thanks! LOL yeah if you get one this is def. the way to go.The price is great and its a great product.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #12
leesredgt
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post

Check with Ricky at RawBrokerage,he can get SR parts also.Tell him Lee sent you,hell hook you up.