Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #181
Springs1

Trader Rating: (0)
Springs1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
still dont understand the huge fuss about getting a refill without being asked. its not placing an order for you, its refilling your original order. if u dont want it, dont drink it and ask for something else.
It IS placing an order for you, because your "original order" was ONLY ONE, COUNT IT, ONE GLASS OF COKE! When a customer places their order when they get greeted, they say "A COKE", don't they? They don't tell their server they want "A coke and bring me refills when I am done of coke" do they? They order ONLY ONE coke!

So the next drink, can be ordered by the customer by asking their server for another coke or another drink or their server will ask them. The next drink is a SEPARATE ORDER from the first. The next drink after that is a SEPARATE drink order as well and so on. Don't you get that? NOT EVERYONE WANTS REFILLS!

Quote:
and me asking "Could you please bring me refills without asking, I'd really appreciate it?" is just stupid. seriously, who does that? its their job. its like me asking "Could you please bring my food when its ready, I'd really appricate it?"
It's NOT "THEIR JOB" BY A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG SHOT!! They have NO RIGHT TO ORDER FOR ME!! The CUSTOMER gets the menu and gets to decide what they want or don't want, NOT ANYONE, ANYONE, ANYONE ELSE GETS THAT RIGHT!!

It's not stupid to ask nicely to get refills without being asked, because not everyone is the same and wants refills without being asked or refills to begin with. It's SMART, because you will get the service you desire by telling your server this is how you want things to go. If you don't, they will do things their way, not yours, unless their way happens to be your way, but it may not be and you won't be as happy during your service as you could be. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL STUPID TO NOT TELL YOUR SERVER THAT YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE GLASS of whatever drink you choose. You tell your server you want refills without being asked. There's nothing wrong with that, there really isn't.

It's NOT their job to ORDER for a stranger. WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET OFF THINKING IT'S SOMEONE'S JOB TO SAY WHAT **I*** WANT TO DRINK NEXT, just because I happen to order let's say a COKE the first time around, huh? Just because I order a coke, doesn't necessarily mean I want another. WHY do you think most servers don't RISK wasting time? It is because they have found that people DID refuse refills or decided on something else instead, so they ended up doing more work for nothing by getting refills people didn't want. It's the servers that are smart and you are stupid for not telling them HOW YOU PERSONALLY WANT YOUR SERVER!!

Don't you get that it's NOT THEIR JOB, because NOT EVERYONE FEELS THE WAY YOU DO about that they want their server to ORDER for them. If I order a coke, I order a coke, NOT 2 or 3 or 4 cokes, I ONLY CONSENTED TO ONE COKE, so there's no reason not to ask if I want another or ask me when I am greeted if I want refills without being asked or if I felt like you, I'd tell my server I want refills without being asked so she or he would know how to serve me.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #182
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wait........springs is a female?

Now it makes sense.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #183
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Springs, I don't know how old you are but I have some advice. I'm not old, only 23 but this revelation changed my life. Sometimes you have to conform a little in life. Dealing with that kind of stress in your life just isn't worth your health.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #184
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well. Not much left to say here, I guess.

Good luck in your dining experiences. Try not to have an aneurysm the next time you get handed an extra drink you didn't ask for; trying to force your strange service requirements upon the entire dining industry isn't worth dying over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
I ONLY CONSENTED TO ONE COKE
ROFL
Old 02-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #185
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
rofl @ springs... what a nut job

I used to be a waiter, it was so easy. I normally got 15% or more depending how rich the people at my table were I try to tip about the same, at least 10%, I'll give more if the server is awesome.

I think some people bring shitty service onto themself though. Say please and thank you when you are ordering and you will probably get better service.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #186
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
LOL.

still original order. refilling a drink is not ordering for a customer. its the norm for people to have one flavor of soda with a meal at a restaurant. its not MY problem if they bring me refills, dont complain on here and say that I should ask if they can bring me refills because, it is their job idiot. you're the one whose weird and YOU should be the one saying, "Im weird, i might want a different drink after this coke, so please ask me before you bring me a drink"
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #187
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Really, I think this ends the whole thread. Sums the entire thing up nicely in only six words:

Quote:
I ONLY CONSENTED TO ONE COKE
Old 02-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #188
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I honestly thing springs has some kind of personality complex, I'm still COMPLETELY confused as to how you can be UPSET with somebody bringing your an extra drink. You put forth ZERO effort (because you didn't ask for it), and worse case scenario you simply ***ASK*** (holy shit that is an idea) for something different. How hard is it to say, "Oh I would like _____ instead of a coke". 100% of servers will simply take it back and get you what you ordered. It's not like the server is ordering you flank steak and you want burger. It is a GOD DAMN SODA, I mean honestly are you consistently high or something when you go to these restaurants?

Quote:
because NOT EVERYONE FEELS THE WAY YOU DO
And apparently NOBODY else feels the way you do... fail
Sleepy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #189
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
YouTube - Suicidal Tendancies - Institutionalized

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #190
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
1.) tip 15-20% or 3 dollars, whichever is more, in any given situation
2.) this isn't Reservoir Dogs
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #191
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
hahaha +1 reps
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #192
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
All I want is a Pepsi®, and she wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a Pepsi®, just one Pepsi®, and she wouldn't give it to me.
Just a Pepsi®!

yup and this sums up springs1 in a nutshell just substitute Coke or Dr Pepper, for Pepsi! i.e. she is nuts.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 02-03-2009 at 12:27 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #193
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
The service is what its all about. Bad long incorrect service= $0... Good friendly fast correct service= minamum $3.00. Thats just me people. Also it depends how busy the resturant is and how many staff they have on board. Sometimes the service is not all that because they have like 1 guy serving like 3-4 tables so you cant expect good service. As for buffet no tipping for me.....come on you serve your own food.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #194
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

for some reason i always feel bad when i pay at a buffet cuz there is always a line for a tip and i never tip at buffets. i always wondered if they expect me to tip...
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #195
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
guy serving like 3-4 tables so you cant expect good service.
what?? if the server can't handle 3-4 tables he shouldn't be waiting on tables.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #196
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
springs cannot be serious with the argument.
I've decided that right now.

There is just no way.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #197
Springs1

Springs1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
still original order. refilling a drink is not ordering for a customer."
YES IT IS! Ask yourself a question: "CAN I DECIDE ON A DIFFERENT DRINK IF I WANT TO?" The answer is YES!! That means if the next drink can be different and if there can be a refusal of more drink, that means the server is deciding something that isn't their decision, which IS ORDERING for the customer. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND IT SURE IS ORDERING FOR THE CUSTOMER? Ordering ONE coke, means ONE GLASS. THAT'S ALL IT MEANS. Come to the table and you will find out now I want a dr. pepper. A refill means the contents of the glass, NOT the actual thing.

refill definition | Dictionary.com

"A product packaged to replace the used contents of a container.

"A second or subsequent filling. "

"to fill again."

"fill something that had previously been emptied; "refill my glass, please"

"1 : a replacement in a cavity of removed liquid or other material or asubstitution (as of gas) for such material"

Even states "SUBSTITUTION" which means the liquid can be SUBSTITUTED, isn't that something?

Do you see ANYWHERE in the definition that it HAS to be the same LIQUID in the glass? I sure don't, because it DOESN'T. You can get me a coke, then REFILL the glass with dr. pepper. A refill just means FILL AGAIN DUMBASS!! Not necessarily the same exact liquid.

Quote:
its the norm for people to have one flavor of soda with a meal at a restaurant.
The "NORM" is MEANLINGLESS, because EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND LIKES DIFFERENT THINGS!! Considering the server can be wrong tells you that you CANNOT GO BY THE NORM, you idiot!!

Quote:
dont complain on here and say that I should ask if they can bring me refills because, it is their job idiot.
NO, their job is to let the CUSTOMER do the ordering. Their job is to find out what you want or don't want, NOT to "ASSUME" what you want or don't want. Their job is to make 100% sure they aren't wasting your time getting something you don't want. Which means if you ask them to bring you refills without asking, their job is to abide by what you are requesting, not just because it's their job.

Quote:
you're the one whose weird and YOU should be the one saying, "Im weird, i might want a different drink after this coke, so please ask me before you bring me a drink".
NO, just different. Even my husband once has changed from a coffee to a diet coke. He's once changed from 2 diet cokes, then a water.

I don't have to tell them not to order for me, because it's COMMON SENSE you don't OVERSTEP like that and make a decision that isn't yours to make. I don't have to tell them, because it wastes time and it conveys that I am assuming they are going to do that, which they probably won't, because MOST SERVERS DON'T RISK WASTING TIME like that. They probably found throughout their serving they have wasted time at times getting drinks for nothing and don't want to do that again. I don't blame them one bit.

I don't have to tell them I might want a different drink. That's not my job to BABY-SIT THEM!! Their job is to get what I want and the ONLY way they know 100% for sure is if they ASK ME or ME ASK THEM!!
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #198
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Just shut the fuck up.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #199
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Springs is a good troll. RJF could take notes for the next political thread.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #200
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
god springs ur fucking retarded. id love to know what you do for a living. feel free to make something up just to amuse us... please.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #201
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What's a good forum for restaurants and serving?

I want to join one and write novels about the 240sx and how it really goes down.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #202
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
NO, just different. Even my husband once has changed from a coffee to a diet coke. He's once changed from 2 diet cokes, then a water.
By the way, your husband is cheating on you, probably with all the waitresses that give you refills of coke WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!

You should probably hire a PI, and a lawyer.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #203
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Springs lives to post completely non Nissan oriented posts in the off topic section on a Nissan forum and in particular loves to rant about waiters/waitress's in restaurants ad nauseum. Springs1 has no life therefor fulfills herself through this ranting.

It has not been determined yet, but we suspect Springs1 does not even own a Nissan and is just here to troll and to protect the interests of the consumer based on her own opinion.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #204
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

The responses in this thread make me happy.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #205
Brian
Post Whore!

Yeah, well....

FREE DRINKS MAKE ME MAD.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #206
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yeah, well....

FREE DRINKS MAKE ME MAD.
FREE DRINKS MAKE HULK MAD!

Sleepy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #207
sultan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
sultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
last night the waitress at bww brought me 2 diet cokes, 2 pints of gin and tonic (seriously, pints) and upgraded my fries to chili cheese fries (50cents extra) without me asking. OMG, I WAS SO MAD, DAMN BITCH PLACING ORDERS FOR ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT, I SHOULD HAVE COMPLAINED TO THE MANAGER. AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

wait, no. i didn't care, i would have asked for that shit anyway if i had the chance. she never charges for the soda and i always end up with some free liquor anyway.

then i tipped 50%, hahahhahha
Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #208
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

HOLY SHIT, she brought you 2 diet cokes and you didnt complain!? because you only consented to one. thats fucked up!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #209
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Springs1 you need a few of these

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #210
sultan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
sultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
HOLY SHIT, she brought you 2 diet cokes and you didnt complain!? because you only consented to one. thats fucked up!
actually i consented to one diet coke and got 3, only consented to two g&t's and ended up with 4 pints of g&t (tried to get her to use those big plastic cups instead but no dice).