Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #61
rex2sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rex2sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
a straw is straight and does not change diameter and also you're not going to get 100 degrees of temperature change in a straw. so that analogy is pointless.
No you dont get it. Who said anything about temp?? Exhuast deals with flow/velocity. Flow is the speed of air. You flow FASTER with a small straw. With a big straw you can flow MORE air but at a SLOWER rate.

Quote:
that's backpressure.
No its not backprssure. Please tell me houw a free(er)-flowing exhuast causes back pressure. Thats like saying an air pump pushing air into the atomsphere has backpressure, no it doesnt. You cant measure pressure of the air flowing out.

Quote:
the only way for an exhaust pipe to hurt scavenging is by creating backpressure in the manifold or header and shortening the exhaust pulse width. but yes, bend in the pipe do not help.
You tune the exhuast as a WHOLE. So if you have restrive mid pipe,bends/dia. then it will effect how the exhuast gases are pulled out.
rex2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #62
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2sx View Post
No you dont get it. Who said anything about temp?? Exhuast deals with flow/velocity. Flow is the speed of air. You flow FASTER with a small straw. With a big straw you can flow MORE air but at a SLOWER rate.
belive me, i'm the one who gets it. and when you take your first physics class, you will too. and temp is at the heart of the exhaust system. air temp, velocity, density, flow all are directly related. if you change one of them, they all change. the only way for a larger pipe to flow more air is if the source of the flow is also larger.

Quote:
No its not backprssure. Please tell me houw a free(er)-flowing exhuast causes back pressure. Thats like saying an air pump pushing air into the atomsphere has backpressure, no it doesnt. You cant measure pressure of the air flowing out.
your air pump doesn't have to channel more air behind the constantly changing air it already put out in a contained path. once you contain the air flow (as in an exhaust) you can measure the pressure of the air flowing out.

Quote:
You tune the exhuast as a WHOLE. So if you have restrive mid pipe,bends/dia. then it will effect how the exhuast gases are pulled out.
yes and as a whole, i assume you mean from the ex ports back.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #63
rex2sx
Zilvia Member

rex2sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well it looks like we have come to terms but all im saying is if EGTs did matter, then that would be factored in when creating an exhuast system. But its not, its not as important as the intake becuase your not really using the wasted gases. You want it out of there as fast as it can while style flowing alot of air, whether hot or cold.
rex2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #64
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

agreed..........
Old 03-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #65
Almedarj
Leaky Injector

Almedarj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Almedarj
lol i guess its hard to pick an exhaust i just went wow whats that!!! "thats an Apexi dual n1" and thats what i got that same day lol
Almedarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #66
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

check this out.

YouTube - 1990 240SX SUPERCHARGED KA24E
Old 03-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #67
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
That looks and sounds like ass. I hope it performs well.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #68
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't Shelby say something about horsepower selling cars and torque winning races?

Huh...
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 AM   #69
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyways, so I saw this thread. I got a 4-2-1 race header from dcsports and 2.5" exhaust, I was wondering where to get a 2.5" testpipe. I got a high flow cat, but I want to test it out with a testpipe. Suggestions? So much junk on ebay, I don't want to get something that doesn't fit or is rusted when I get it.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #70
Almedarj
Leaky Injector

i haven't seen one that i would buy but then i went with a 3in exhaust i tried a buddys car with a 2.5in cat backand you cant tell the difference in terms of performance but the sound is so much better with a 3in
Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #71
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almedarj View Post
i'm not finding to much support for the ka i would really apperciate some help.
Your kidding right?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #72
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCoupe View Post
na ka's are expansive to build and pretty much worthless. just do a stock sr style turbo setup. t25 370cc side mount etc.

Your kidding right?
Stock SR turbo set up? T25 is garbage, HX35 and call it a day, cheaper than a crappy T25.

This whole thread is full of FAIL.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #73
umsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

umsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura about
If you're wanting to see numbers on KA setups click here

www.ka-t.org :: View Forum - Dyno Results

Both ka-t and n/a. Also my best advice is to avoid zilvia for KA material. I love all zilvians but when it comes to KA's 95% of the members are worthless as was proved again several times in this thread. Granted no one tolerates stupidity to thoroughly search before posting any questions.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #74
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
buddy is making 165whp on his ka..

for the amount of work he's put into it.. not sure if it's really worth it.

talked to him today said he probably put 1k into it :|
Are you talking out your ASS. I'm making 162 to the wheels stock internals and haven't even spent over $1100 yet. From stock thats over 40WHP. You will never find a cheap turbo bolt on application for under a grand and make 40WHP, seriously.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #75
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Dude, learn to use the multi-quote function. Its a wonderful thing.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #76
ikantor

ikantor is an unknown quantity at this point
like umsports said....check out ka-t.org. tons of info!
ikantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #77
Almedarj
Leaky Injector

i checked out ka-t and plenty of info for me found there thats deffinatly a good place to look but its all about forced induction there. Theres only like a few guys there talking about an NA/KA
Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #78
2ndcar
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
2ndcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you want to do a NA/KA build then do it. I'm sticking with the KA for my DD. But it all depends on what you want from YOUR car.
2ndcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #79
!!chuy!!
Leaky Injector

!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore!!chuy!! is not welcome here anymore
im planning on doing the same thing on my ka,de... get ported/polished, slitely bigger injectors,fuel pump, cams, and slap on a t28 from an Rb25. is there anyone whos done a similar build? and how much power are u seeing?
Or should i save my money and get a sr front clip....?
!!chuy!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #80
Almedarj
Leaky Injector

don't get an sr i've had too many friends get popped by the police and then sent to the state ref and then they've lost all of that money, if you have a dd and then a fun car do it to the fun car
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #81
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almedarj View Post
don't get an sr i've had too many friends get popped by the police and then sent to the state ref and then they've lost all of that money, if you have a dd and then a fun car do it to the fun car
I've seen more sr valve trains blow up than KA valve trains.. A lot of these guys these days think that you can rev the piss out of the sr. Fact is it's just as revable as the KA. Piston speed on the KA is a little faster on upward momentum, but the bucket hydraulic valve assembly is way more reliable than the sr's valve train.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #82
2tone1via

Trader Rating: (2)
2tone1via is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nos! .........
2tone1via is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #83
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
What the fuck dude.

I was ready for BigV to lay down some KA law and I get
Quote:
Nos! .........
Way to go.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #84
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
What the fuck dude.

I was ready for BigV to lay down some KA law and I get

Way to go.

I know 2tone1via is such a douche. Talks before he thinks, just like 80% of this forum.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #85
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
KA-T all day. Well over 300hp @ 10psi daily driver. NA is just so much work and money for such little gains on pretty much any motor.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 AM   #86
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaflow View Post
KA-T all day. Well over 300hp @ 10psi daily driver. NA is just so much work and money for such little gains on pretty much any motor.
Whats your gas mileage like? 12mpg at WOT? That's really efficient.
Just go turbo mad hp with shitty gas mileage loads of fun boys and girls...LOL
Old 09-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #87
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
Hmmm don't really drive at WOT everywhere I go so my gas mileage is fine. I thought this thread was about performance increase on a KADE motor not gas mileage. And since when is 300hp "mad hp"? I guess I must be in the "dick head" thread I meant to post somewhere else
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #88
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I would go KA-T if #1 I didn't live in cali #2 there was a good intake for the KA. The horrible intake seems to take so much to overcome na or forced induction. I guess we will see how good the upper intake is with the recent KA-Rs popping up.

I'm still going V8 at some point down the road.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #89
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaflow View Post
Hmmm don't really drive at WOT everywhere I go so my gas mileage is fine. I thought this thread was about performance increase on a KADE motor not gas mileage. And since when is 300hp "mad hp"? I guess I must be in the "dick head" thread I meant to post somewhere else

No reason to be asinine. the thread states ka24de performance. Not ka24de-t performance, no need to be a douche bag and say something stupid like , "oh just slap a turbo on it and make that thing go, get 300HP". That's pretty much what you said in a nut shell.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #90
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Maybe I'll throw an Altima KA in a 2 seater sandrail. Sounds like fun to me.