Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Zach_SR20

Trader Rating: (0)
Zach_SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR20DET Redtop idle problem, daily driver, please help

Hi, yesterday my car was driving fine, no problems whatsoever. later into the day yesterday i tried to crank it up and it did something i've never heard/seen before. When it came back down to idle at around 900rpm it jumped down to about 600rpm and back up to about 1300, and then down to about 400 and back up to about 1000. it did this a few times and decided to just cut off. i've researched this topic, and believe it is a vaccum line but im not sure. I need to get this car back on the road asap since it is my daily driver and i am in college.

btw, i took a video of its problems to help you better understand what its doing.

YouTube - 240sx SR20det idle problem

thanks in advance

-zach-
Zach_SR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In the video there appears to be a big vacuum leak.I can hear that. Like IACV line not connected big. Second put the camera close to your car like a tech would be if he came over to diagnose your problem. Show the piping vacuum lines and maybe even the gauges. i'm hungry!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Zach_SR20

lol!! just stuffed muh face. i'll post another video under the hood when a friend of mine can cut the car on for me tomorrow. thanks for the tips btw.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
Zach_SR20

Now I'm guessing the iacv line is the hose coming off of the coldpipe right next to the throttle body. it was just barely off the intake manifold. Plugged it right back on and reset the clamps. Works like a charm I suppose it works better if everythings connected right eh? lol, thanks a million for the help!!