Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Chrisk0

Trader Rating: (0)
Chrisk0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA24E Radiator Related Questions

Hello everyone, I had a question to ask your guys opinions on. I am not very experienced in aftermarket parts for the 240sx yet. I just got my 3rd hatch a couple of days ago. Finally one with a 5 speed, it's extremely ghetto and runs really bad. The block and tranny seem to be fine, it's just the wiring and other things like duct tape holding parts together that seemed to be put on by a two year old seem to be the issue.

Anyways, the reason I got this one is to swap the sohc into my clean shell, and have a minimum base to learn how to drift on. I wanted to just go low power and nothing out of my reach in terms of price and time. So, I was going to just go with all new parts for the engine such as intake, alternator, radiator.. etc.

My biggest question is, are things like aluminum radiators worth getting, or should I go oem from o'reilleys? I was looking at this from enjuku racing: http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...94-w-ka24.html

I am going to be drifting on this one, so I want a pretty stable build. In my eyes drifting takes such a strain on the motor that if these radiators worked well enough, it would be worth it. I just haven't ever tried one.

Also, some new fans is a must too, so I was wondering if I should do the same thing for those: http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...9-94-ka24.html

Any insight on this would be appreciated. Lemme know what you guys think. Oh and if you want, I can show you pictures of this poor s13

Poor poor baby... :'(

Chopped springs and all. I literally got air backing it in over my curb yesterday. The backend is completely out. All I am taking for my shell is the tails, the sterring wheel and I believe thats it. If there's anything left in there that you might want let me know, but I believe it's completely stripped except for the seats.

Thanks for reading.
Chrisk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Anything is better than the OEM radiator.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
aluminum radiator is definitely a wise investment.

i would highly suggest, rather than spending money on electric fans (which many times, can be LESS effective than the stock fan) just get the gktech fan
$99 at enjuku
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...sx-silvia.html
$119 at frsport (but i'm pretty sure they'll price match)
http://www.frsport.com/GKTech-GK-RE-...T_p_59175.html

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you're in the market for an aluminum radiator, look at champion radiators. My roommate and I have ran them in a turbo Fox mustang, 454 Monte Carlo, stock Honda accord ( over 50k miles on the radiator) and s14. Never had one problem. I'm pretty sure they're cheaper than the Isis too.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote