Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #61
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briou View Post
Fuel Cut: 6100
Ign Cut: 6000
Rev Retard: 5500
Max VSS: 4mph

How do you go about hooking up the clutch switch to the anti lag system?
You are going for 2-step by those settings it looks like?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #62
Briou
Zilvia Member

Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah pretty much...just for launching when I'm drag racing....I'm building boost just fine when I'm sitting still, the car just falls on its face when I let out on the clutch, unless I ride the clutch out a good ways...
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #63
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah pretty much...just for launching when I'm drag racing....I'm building boost just fine when I'm sitting still, the car just falls on its face when I let out on the clutch, unless I ride the clutch out a good ways...
Fuel cut should be at your normal rpm limit(7~8k?).
Ign Cut and Rev retard should be the same. Try to lower it to the point where you are max boost building.
Max VSS: 2
Old 08-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #64
Briou
Zilvia Member

Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I'll give that a try and see where it gets me....thanks for the suggestions...
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #65
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Ok I'll give that a try and see where it gets me....thanks for the suggestions...
Hey Briou, If you email me a data log of launching (with "tuning" tab opened) and the map used for the log i'll do your first revision is free
[email protected]
Old 06-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #66
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Little testing on my s13Rally style anti lag tuning and system set up explained.
This car is using the secondary air injection kit I found this particular set up doesn't need much keep the turbo boost happy. On ignition cut set up at the track or under heavier use you do start to get a good bit more noise and flame. I like the ignition cut option as it helps keep heat/stress off the exhaust valves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGKvi9o1W4
Old 02-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #67
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Throttle bypass ALS on the Galant, tuning it down a bit for the snow/ice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LVI7kEVOo
Old 02-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #68
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Seems like you're running pretty small turbos tunermt. Ever set this up on a car with something like a gtx3576 or Borg S300 series?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #69
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Seems like you're running pretty small turbos tunermt. Ever set this up on a car with something like a gtx3576 or Borg S300 series?
yep have also ran similar als on s400 and large frame garretts. (of course those are normally on drag cars or large displacement engines.

some launch control with "drag style AL" and the same car with no lift to shift set up (actually works VERY similar to a throttle bypass style ALS).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3v_unmZ1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-0O1rMeGfM
Old 03-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #70
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This stuff's neat, but it's also neat to clutch kick a laggy car a bunch. That driving style can be very exciting.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 PM   #71
cmj

cmj is an unknown quantity at this point
I am planning the following system.

- Evo SAS valve.
- Vacuum canister / check valve
- PWM solenoid on VAV canister to SAS valve.

I have a couple questions. I assume the injection ports must be at a 90* angle to the manifold runners (to induce suction from charge pipe). Will the exhaust overpower the charge pipe or will the SAS valve act as a check valve? Also, can I utilize cyclic timing cut and add fuel or must I retard timing to ensure fuel gets to manifold?
cmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #72
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
I am planning the following system.

- Evo SAS valve.
- Vacuum canister / check valve
- PWM solenoid on VAV canister to SAS valve.

I have a couple questions. I assume the injection ports must be at a 90* angle to the manifold runners (to induce suction from charge pipe). Will the exhaust overpower the charge pipe or will the SAS valve act as a check valve? Also, can I utilize cyclic timing cut and add fuel or must I retard timing to ensure fuel gets to manifold?
you might get something like that to work but it seems you have some confusion on how air makes it way into the exhaust. (pre turbo exhaust is under pressure, the exhaust manifold will never "suck" any air in it will try to do the opposite.)
Old 05-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #73
cmj

cmj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
you might get something like that to work but it seems you have some confusion on how air makes it way into the exhaust. (pre turbo exhaust is under pressure, the exhaust manifold will never "suck" any air in it will try to do the opposite.)
I was under the assumption that this was how the Mitsubishi system works? Charge pipe to SAS valve (actuated by ECU) and SAS valve to pre-turbo exhaust manifold?

Can you give me an explanation of how it is supposed to work?
cmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #74
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

2jz powered S13 running a combination of SAI and TBP Antilag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKmIvBw_AHI