Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #12061
Green Arrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Yeah I too wish I spent less time modding/wrenching and more time just driving. While I DID do a lot of driving, I wish I spent all that 'mod' money for track events and such. While I can afford to now, I don't have the car and time anymore. Now that I'm thinking of getting another S13, these shits are hard to find non-salvage/non-abused nowadays.

I daily a Prius (fuck me, i know), and the garage queen is an SMG E46 M3 I inherited. While the M3 is GREAT, it's overkill for what makes me happy; and that's having the "driving a slow car fast" feeling. While it's fun as hell occasionally bombing down the 10 with it, it's not a stickshift. Something way more visceral about driving an SR-swapped base model manual S13, made spirited driving a WAY more engaging experience. Sadly very few cars out now can probably give me that same feeling. Sounds like a Miata or FiST can do that.

People give the smg alot of shit, but when they are right...they are RIGHT yanowutimsayian.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #12062
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Yeah I have no complaints about the SMG (at least from what I've experienced so far. Some owners have had mechanical issues with theirs) from a performance standpoint. But I need that stick-shift configuration for personal preference reasons. Rowing through the gears is an irreplaceable joy.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #12063
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
eh... ive been wreching and working on my 240 A LOT lately. it sat in my garage dormant for 2 years and finally getting back into it again has been bringing me a lot of happiness finally seeing major progress being made! trying to have the car 95% done by this time next year! that includes body work and paint (car goes in for tuning and tons of engine bay goodies in 2 weeks).

This is how mine is now. It has been on jackstands for a minute. I got the KA out, starting working on the suspension then just stopped. Started ordering more parts for it, now I am building a parts pile to just go all out at one time.

For me the real issue is I want boost. I grew tired of the lack of power from the KA. With the price of SR's being in the 3.2k-3.7k mark it is not feasible for me to spend that type of cash right now. This makes me a lot less motivated to work on the car.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #12064
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I’m sure its a good car to mod, but I’d rather just pay more up front for a car I dont need to mod all that much from the factory. maybe im old, but I just value reliability a lot more. Mods add up in cost way too easily, reliability can be a risk, and for me gets to be addictive behavior.

I’m happy with my evo with suspension parts and bolt ons Ive got sitting around from another evo I got rid of. Otherwise Im content to move on with the expense and hassle of car modding.

besides, I think the fist is a good car stock as is. I cant imagine needing to replace more than tires, brake fluids, pads, and get a good alignment. what makes a car like that fun to me, is I imagine its limits are more accessible. it makes it a fun street car.
Truthfully the mods on FiST’s do not affect reliability at all unless one goes super crazy. Our stock engines were designed to handle well over 300 hp at the crank.
throwing on a hybrid turbo to get you into the 280 whp range is not that big of a deal and does not require much else at all.
I get were you are coming from and quite honestly the FiST does not need a lot if anything from the factory mod wise,. Its just so easy to get more out of it its kind of a no brainer. Plus truthfully even back in my 240 days I had already realized I could get a car modded faster paying a mechanic to do it rather than doing the wrenching myself.
As much as I like screwing with cars I am fully aware a professional can do things faster than I can and if I pay a little more but it gets done quickly then ya thats the way I go.
I have actually done more stuff on my FiST than I thought I would because its easy as well.
Though even with it I will pay someone if it means stuff gets put in this afternoon versus a day or two of my casual wrenching.

So that kind of addresses both your feelings and I do get them.

Trust me when I bought my FiST I had no intention or was thinking of putting a larger turbo on the car. It did sneak up on me after flash tuning it.
What can I say I want to be able to disgrace cars that are supposed to not only handle better,( it does this already) but nail them in acceleration as well. Lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #12065
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
This is how mine is now. It has been on jackstands for a minute. I got the KA out, starting working on the suspension then just stopped. Started ordering more parts for it, now I am building a parts pile to just go all out at one time.

For me the real issue is I want boost. I grew tired of the lack of power from the KA. With the price of SR's being in the 3.2k-3.7k mark it is not feasible for me to spend that type of cash right now. This makes me a lot less motivated to work on the car.
Yeah that all sounds like a pita.

Really I just want a 930 turbo and leave it stock and be happy with life.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #12066
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
so im planning on building a brand new SR for my car next year... and honestly, if you want an SR now, you need to literally build one from scratch. you can pick up a block and head for dumb ass cheap! then slowly piece together all the parts you want to run it... the overall cost is split up into small segments so its easier to choke down lol i know im gonna wind up dumping around 5-6 grand into my SR build, but i can do it in small portions so it doesnt feel so damn overwhelming.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #12067
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Out looking at Future RWD cars...

6spd Hellcat is way more fun there I thought it would be. Fucked up my plans for sho.

Last edited by Corbic; 07-06-2019 at 07:41 PM..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #12068
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:

samething. mine is decked out on PBM knuckles and arms but has been sitting on my lift for 10yrs now. man, nissan really fucked us with KA.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #12069
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Out looking at Future RWD cars...

I just saw an article that people are leaving those yellow lip guards on as a mod. Some people hate it a bunch.

Yeah these cars still just do absolutely nothing for me. I’d much rather just have a Mustang GT if I went the muscle car route.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #12070
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah the whole lip guard trend is something I dont get all.

https://jalopnik.com/its-amazing-how...1835375427/amp

after reading that article, I also developed the appreciation for hating on the lip guards haha. then again I dont think its any worse than the cosmetic trend of manufacturers having red accents at the bottom of the car (veloster n, civic type r, mercedes cla, etc).

I respect what fca is trying to do and like the idea of offering a 4 door alternative for a
muscle car. I think the scat pack challenger is a solid value.

nonetheless, for me whats most appealing is the camaro and corvette, especially given the value that comes with the heavy discounts these days. wish I had picked up a c7 zo6 for under 70k
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #12071
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I just saw an article that people are leaving those yellow lip guards on as a mod. Some people hate it a bunch.

Yeah these cars still just do absolutely nothing for me. I’d much rather just have a Mustang GT if I went the muscle car route.
You need to go drive one then.

You'd be shocked how solid built they are and how well they handle.

That's no slouch at VIR.

If you have driven rental spec LX cars, they are not comparable to a Mopar suspension package car (TA, SRT, 1320, Hellcat, Widebody, or Demon).

The Bilstien 3-way suspension, wheels/tire, steering tuning and away bars transform the cars.

Hellcat also has a hydrulaic power steering instead of electric, it's noticible.

The various brake upgrades are extremely noticibe with outstanding feedback. The ZF8 is also noticeably different from a SCAT, TA, 1320 and Hellcat, that to shocked the hell out of me.

Yes, some "sport, track, street" settings can be unlocked with a Tazer, however a lot of these things are physical differences. (Hellcat, 1320 and Base are all three different ZF transmissions for example).

If you don't like it, or you want a subcompact (Miata, FRBZ86) fine, but I think people get way to cought up in the "I'm on a Boat!" hyperbole rhetoric. Every asshole online thinks he's fucking Jeremy Clarkson.

The reality is the car is a "passenger and a full tank of gas heavier" then the competition and it carry that weight well. It's a true street car and it excels at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
yeah the whole lip guard trend is something I dont get all.
I'm trying to pick up a used Hellcat, if/when I do, I'll be getting some guards and leaving them on to troll.

People get so damn butt hurt, I just don't get it.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #12072
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
My team lead and another consultant keep renting scat pack chargers when they come to town. They let me take one out and now I want one. The challenger ain't bad either. Both big and comfy, which I like since I'm not getting any younger and have kids. And plenty fast for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #12073
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
You need to go drive one then.

You'd be shocked how solid built they are and how well they handle.

That's no slouch at VIR.

If you have driven rental spec LX cars, they are not comparable to a Mopar suspension package car (TA, SRT, 1320, Hellcat, Widebody, or Demon).

The Bilstien 3-way suspension, wheels/tire, steering tuning and away bars transform the cars.

Hellcat also has a hydrulaic power steering instead of electric, it's noticible.

The various brake upgrades are extremely noticibe with outstanding feedback. The ZF8 is also noticeably different from a SCAT, TA, 1320 and Hellcat, that to shocked the hell out of me.

Yes, some "sport, track, street" settings can be unlocked with a Tazer, however a lot of these things are physical differences. (Hellcat, 1320 and Base are all three different ZF transmissions for example).

If you don't like it, or you want a subcompact (Miata, FRBZ86) fine, but I think people get way to cought up in the "I'm on a Boat!" hyperbole rhetoric. Every asshole online thinks he's fucking Jeremy Clarkson.

The reality is the car is a "passenger and a full tank of gas heavier" then the competition and it carry that weight well. It's a true street car and it excels at that.

I'm trying to pick up a used Hellcat, if/when I do, I'll be getting some guards and leaving them on to troll.

People get so damn butt hurt, I just don't get it.
I get all that. They are all probably a blast to drive. They just do not appeal to me in any way other than I know they are fast. I legitimately would rather have a well thought our elegant wagon like the v60 R. Different strokes.

One of my good friends has a Scat Pack charger and he loves the damn thing.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #12074
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think its kinda a moot point to choose to car based on lap times and stats seeing how cars are getting so much faster every few years. I do get that the stereotype that the challenger cant handle well is unfair of course, and Im impressed with what the trackhawk can do on VIR.

at the end of the day it just has to connect to you in way that works. kinda cool how we all have such differenf preferences now, many of us having been here for over 10 years already.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #12075
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Well we ran the Crest ( Angeles Crest Hwy) yesterday morning early and I got to say driving the FiST in the twisties is awesome. Did see a Lotus Elise up at Newcombs but I see those around my neighborhood. Would not mind having one either.
I think now its what car is ultimately fun to drive and can be driven at nine tenths or more.
This is where my FiST really excels. I will be selling my M3 and looking at something else to replace it with. It will be RWD but it will also be a full on Sports car with plenty of power.
I won”t say more than that. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-08-2019, 11:54 PM   #12076
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
^^ How much is Ford paying you for each FiST plug?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:10 AM   #12077
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/08/...t-drive-review

Sounds like a real damn shame we’re not getting the new FoST. Ford and it’s moronic knee jerk reaction (axing all passenger cars).
Old 07-09-2019, 07:48 AM   #12078
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im actually really annoyed were not getting the new Focus ST. i REALLY liked it when i saw it a few months back. it took everything the first ST (well for us at least) had and just refined it and made it so much better! i was SO looking forward to owning one one day

guess ill have to settle for the first (and only) gen the US got.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #12079
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
^^ How much is Ford paying you for each FiST plug?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
LOL I wish . Ya no they are just that good to drive, that I don”t mind going off about it.
Its a amazing bang for the buck deal that I feel is great option for a insane daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/08/...t-drive-review

Sounds like a real damn shame we’re not getting the new FoST. Ford and it’s moronic knee jerk reaction (axing all passenger cars).
Ya thats a drag it looks like a real nice car. I test drove a FoST and thought it was not bad . I backed to backed it to my FiST and well we know what happened there. Lol

Though I am as angry with Ford as I was with/am with Nissan. Right when they started making some awesome affordable sports machines they killed them for the U.S. market.
I do not know whats worse. Teasing one with an awesome concept that should have been green lighted and then shelved or giving us a taste of some great cars, then building newer improved models and saying nope your not getting them! Its probably equally messed up.

Both the next gen FiST and FoST look like absolutely awesome cars we will probably never get, unless someone fires Hackett and reverses course.

Oh and if Nissan miraculously came out and said look we have been developing a Z and we have decided to greenlight that concept from way back that everyone wanted. Ya one can dream lol.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #12080
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh and if Nissan miraculously came out and said look we have been developing a Z and we have decided to greenlight that concept from way back that everyone wanted. Ya one can dream lol.
2020 Nissan 240Z

Old 07-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #12081
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
2020 Nissan 240Z

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #12082
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
2022 Mustang GT Hybrid

Old 07-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #12083
Corbic
Post Whore!

2035 Hellcat Redeye 1320 America Edition
Old 07-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #12084
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Also despite its weight, the LX cars do hang with the completion and can "turn".

In C&D's lighting lap, at VIR, WB Hellcat is spanking some seriously dedicated track oriented cars like the Boss 302, older Z06, Ford GT, Viper, GT3, M4, etc.

But it gets spanked by the Camaro SS and Mustang GT. Just imagine how bad the ZL1 and GT500 will beat it.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #12085
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
But it gets spanked by the Camaro SS and Mustang GT. Just imagine how bad the ZL1 and GT500 will beat it.
It beat the old GT500 and even the old Ford GT.... Sooooo

I've never seen someone claim an M4 can't turn for shit and is only good on thr drag strip.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #12086
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
It beat the old GT500 and even the old Ford GT.... Sooooo

So it beat an 8 and 12 year old car. But it still can’t compete with a lesser model of its competition. It is getting beat by cars with 250 less hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #12087
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
So it beat an 8 and 12 year old car. But it still can’t compete with a lesser model of its competition. It is getting beat by cars with 250 less hp

Oh fucking noooo!

It can ONLY beat a 10 year old super car on its 20 year old chassis.

It can ONLY beat its direct rival that's 1 year older.

Oh lawrdy lawrdy!!

If a guy rolls up in a Ford GT, you are seriously going to be "ugh, bruh, those are totally trash on a track"?

Have you ever even taken a Hellcat out?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #12088
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh fucking noooo!

It can ONLY beat a 10 year old super car on its 20 year old chassis.

It can ONLY beat its direct rival that's 1 year older.

Oh lawrdy lawrdy!!

If a guy rolls up in a Ford GT, you are seriously going to be "ugh, bruh, those are totally trash on a track"?

Have you ever even taken a Hellcat out?
it can beat a 10 year old Supercar, but cant beat a naturally aspirated Mustang GT with 460hp.

Not too impressive in my book
Old 07-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #12089
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
it can beat a 10 year old Supercar, but cant beat a naturally aspirated Mustang GT with 460hp.

Not too impressive in my book
So that's a no then.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #12090
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
So that's a no then.

It’s a great car if you want a shitload of power I guess, but it just can’t compete with the Mustang or Camaro.