Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
96soon2bsilvia

Trader Rating: (0)
96soon2bsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Help Needed! Oil feed issue??

Hey everyone,

I can't seem to get a break with this car..every time I fix one thing something else comes up but i guess thats the name of the game. Anyways, I have a fresh fully built 96 KA with a journal 6262 and everytime I hit boost the car is putting out smoke. Ran a compression test and motor is perfect. Also, the fact that its only smoking when I am hitting boost is leading me to think its just an oil supply issue. Precision rebuilt the turbo before I put it on the car so it is brand new as well. I called Precision and they told me that under no circumstance should I need a restrictor jsut a -4AN feed line even though I told them that KA's have unusually high oil pressure around (100psi). Despite what they told me i drilled out a restrictor (after reading on this forum that it worked for someone) to 7/64 and tried that and it still is doing it. The tune is fresh and Air/Fuel's are good across the board. I can get into boost all i want but I am left with a 2 minute trail of smoke after any time i see over around 3 pounds. Did Precision do a bad rebuild? Has anyone heard of anyone experience similar problems? Really could use some help. Thanks guys.
96soon2bsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Pull the exhaust housing and see if there is signs of oil leaking into the exhaust housing. Did you do a leak down in the engine? Valve stem seals intact?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
milto0n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
milto0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I had a similar experience when my return line was not draining properly. Blew out plenty of smoke after hitting boost. The return line has to be a straight shot down with absolutely no kinks. Just my 2 cents.
milto0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
96soon2bsilvia

Trader Rating: (0)
96soon2bsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pulling the turbo friday to see if the seals are the issue. There was no signs of oil on the spark plugs so I figured leak down wouldn't help much. the return line is also straight down like you mentioned milto0n. Thanks for the advice though guys.
96soon2bsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote