Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #121
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Wow just read from the beginning....definitely subscribed. Sick as build bro!!! When im ready to swap in an SR i hope to have it looking as clean as yours....the stroker kit isnt really my thing but i love the detail you have done. Is the car going to be the same color as the bay? Also is the inside including cage gonna be same color or do you have something else in mind? Again sick build!!
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #122
LSjauN

Trader Rating: (0)
LSjauN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANOLED SR View Post
It's already registered and will be street driven every now and then or maybe even more than that! But track days is where all the fun will be at!
DOPE

Though, only thing i see that might be a problem, is your DP being right next to/in front of the brake booster. I had a Top mount kit on my old RB25'd s13 and the DP was in the almost exact same area. After about 15 mins. of driving, it would get so hot that the brake assist wouldn't work, and it was all "manual" braking/ having to pull the e-brake a little bit.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #123
Maapy

Maapy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks! I haven't been in my 240 for over a year now! I can't take it anymore! lol.
Update!! Can't wait anymore joking haha. I haven't even drove mine since i started the project guess it a normal thing for everyone. Yay for another stroker SR and S15 front conversion lol.
Maapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #124
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backintoans13 View Post
Wow just read from the beginning....definitely subscribed. Sick as build bro!!! When im ready to swap in an SR i hope to have it looking as clean as yours....the stroker kit isnt really my thing but i love the detail you have done. Is the car going to be the same color as the bay? Also is the inside including cage gonna be same color or do you have something else in mind? Again sick build!!

Thanks bro!

I'm thinking of doing Laguna Seca Blue throughout the engine bay and interior after the cage work. Exterior will be Satin Black!!!

I don't want anything flashy on the outside so I don't stick out like a soar thumb in traffic!!! But I might change my mind by the time I get the cage done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSjauN View Post
DOPE

Though, only thing i see that might be a problem, is your DP being right next to/in front of the brake booster. I had a Top mount kit on my old RB25'd s13 and the DP was in the almost exact same area. After about 15 mins. of driving, it would get so hot that the brake assist wouldn't work, and it was all "manual" braking/ having to pull the e-brake a little bit.

I have the heat shield for the master cylinder for now! I'll probably have to wrap the whole booster and m/c heat shield piece with the gold nasa heat reflector tape or Earls's orange flame guard tape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maapy View Post
Update!! Can't wait anymore joking haha. I haven't even drove mine since i started the project guess it a normal thing for everyone. Yay for another stroker SR and S15 front conversion lol.

Haha! Thanks! Only other one I know of is Boso's S15!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #125
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
This cars exterior should be painted gold so it's as flashy as humanly possible. lol

Real talk though I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that you are doing this with a S-15 front end conversion. =/
Old 10-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #126
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

SR

For over the last year now my pad has been a 240/SR parts store! I had parts throughout the entire house, parts in the attic, bedrooms (including my daughter's bedroom and closet), living room, hall way and anywhere else I could fit them! I wasn't expecting to take so long! lol.

My girl has been on my case for it every single day and just recently the motor moved out and the rest followed as I assembled it back together! I'm so glad I don't hear it anymore, lol.

Today I got my fenders down and put on the Beast! I'll have to make time for the side skirts another day!

Took me a good 3 hours of fitment, drilling, more fitment, alignment and so on! These things are 30mm over so the car looks in desperate need of spacers or wider wheels with lower offset up front and definitely some wider panels on the rear quarters!
Driver side fender:

Passenger side fender:

I still got some minor adjustments to do!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #127
MitchellBade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
MitchellBade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Daaaaaang, I always like updates. Been following this thread for a while now. Good work and keep it up. I'm taking notes haha
Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #128
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Lookin good!! I've always been a fan of the S15 fronts on the hatch13's!!!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #129
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys!
Finally found time to get some work done on the Beast!

I got my AN fuel injection fuel filter from Earl's and some more fittings to complete the fuel setup. The filter flows up to 4000GPH with 0 restrictions!

Filter element is cleanable and reusable!!! Better be for $75 bones!

I wanted to move the return fitting further back near the feed line, but I had to buy another tube/AN adapter fitting because once you compress the ferrule piece on it can't be reused.
Even though these fittings are reusable, they don't sell the ferrule by itself thus the reusable part is out of the equation if you're relocating it! So, I had to buy the whole adapter unit again!

The fat red wire is my 0 gauge power to battery wire! I ran it on my first 240 with my old competition stereo setup and had it since.

I decided to run all Chase Bays custom high performance brake and clutch lines on the Beast!
I have to say I was pretty impressed with their products! High quality parts, cleaner looking setup, easy install, and great service from Chase Bays!

I threw on my heat shield panel after running the grinder flap wheel on it!

That's it for the today. Started to sprinkle again. I'm lovin' this cool weather!

Once the I/C pipes are done the Beast should be ready for first fire up!

Last edited by ETHANOLED SR; 10-25-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Old 10-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #130
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
look great dude. loving the AN lines. wish i was baller enough to do that lol. i would also like to do my front like yours with a tubular core support, and bucketed fronts. i would liek to bucket the rears to but i dont have a wire feed at this time. as soon as i do i will.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #131
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Looks amazing! I love the brake lines!
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #132
LS14

Trader Rating: (1)
LS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
amazing!! u sir are building inspiration... love the full race products too
LS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 AM   #133
Xclusive_racer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Xclusive_racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Ahhhh so many good ideas and ways to build an sr! TWO THUMBS UP! I still need your number so i can talk to you about my Haltech.
Xclusive_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #134
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
after much thought, im starting to like tha chase bay brake lines..any word on what WHP you'll be putting out, if not at least a estimated guess??
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #135
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
alot of cool parts in this thread
Old 11-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #136
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm always down for stroker kit builds! Keep it up! And I feel you on the part about your house being littered with parts. I'm stocking up mysef right now...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #137
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
does the chase base clutch line and brake lines have a tight fitment? or the lines are long enough to reroute them?

i dont see this on their website?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #138
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
very nice build. Seems like its coming along pretty good. Nice work bro
Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #139
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
does the chase base clutch line and brake lines have a tight fitment? or the lines are long enough to reroute them?

+1.......was also thinking the same thing by looking at the pics you posted of the lines. Are they long enough or is it a tight??
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #140
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looking great... Thanks for the additional pics of the Chase stuff. On my list for this winter!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #141
LSjauN

I love just going through this thread and re-reading everything i've already read....lol

There's gonna be some pretty crazy bends in those IC pipes to get it to match up to the turbo, amirite?...

Only thing I honestly don't like about it, is the s15 front, lol
Old 11-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #142
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

I love s15 fronts....dont know why majority of ppl on here dont?? Wanted to do it to my last s13 but with my new one im gonna go kouki.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #143
LSjauN

Quote:
I love s15 fronts....dont know why majority of ppl on here dont?? Wanted to do it to my last s13 but with my new one im gonna go kouki.

ehh

I like s15 fronts on s14's, but not on s13's. The s13's body lines are little bit too "sharp",(if you will), for the smooth/rounded lines of the the s15 front

IMO of course
Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #144
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
looks pretty simular to my build. i have had my 2.35 stoker sr for a couple years now with my ported head and kelford 280 cams fully built head. just finished up my season with my gt2876r turbo. next season im running a b/w s366 going for 800hp. i really want to see what your set up does to compare to what mine should do. IMO you should run some 1600cc injectors. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #145
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Chase bays stuff looks great!

Question; If I'm not mistaken, you're running an EGT sensor in your downpipe. Why? EGT is only good for tuning when placed before the turbo.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #146
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Thanks all for all the props and inspiration to keep this build alive!
Sorry I haven't had any updates lately or any responds to your q's, been very busy with work and the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive_racer View Post
Ahhhh so many good ideas and ways to build an sr! TWO THUMBS UP! I still need your number so i can talk to you about my Haltech.
Thanks! PM me for the #!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
after much thought, im starting to like tha chase bay brake lines..any word on what WHP you'll be putting out, if not at least a estimated guess??
I'm guessing 500+ on pump gas with the best power band curve my tuner can pull out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post

Quote:
+1.......was also thinking the same thing by looking at the pics you posted of the lines. Are they long enough or is it a tight??
The Chase Bays lines all fit great! No issues there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSjauN View Post
I love just going through this thread and re-reading everything i've already read....lol

There's gonna be some pretty crazy bends in those IC pipes to get it to match up to the turbo, amirite?...
Only thing I honestly don't like about it, is the s15 front, lol
Thanks! Yes the I/C pipes will be very interesting to look @!

Quote:
Everyone has their own taste I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereda40at View Post
looks pretty simular to my build. i have had my 2.35 stoker sr for a couple years now with my ported head and kelford 280 cams fully built head. just finished up my season with my gt2876r turbo. next season im running a b/w s366 going for 800hp. i really want to see what your set up does to compare to what mine should do. IMO you should run some 1600cc injectors. just my 2 cents.
I'm wondering why you are running a T28 turbo on a stroker SR with big cams?!!
My ID 1000's are more than enough for my setup as of right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Chase bays stuff looks great!

Question; If I'm not mistaken, you're running an EGT sensor in your downpipe. Why? EGT is only good for tuning when placed before the turbo.
The EGT sensor is for my EGT temp. gauge and is not being used for tuning. I'm actually running my new wide band O2 there instead and placing the EGT on my lower down pipe!

Here are some recent updates so far. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I'm waiting on a new pda from AT&T as soon as I get a day off so I can choose between the I-phone 4 or the Samsung android captivate! Any suggestions on which OS is better?

The Beast is currently @ Driftspeed and in the hands of my tuner Koji.
I will probably do a slow break in procedure by having a drive ability tune done so I can put some miles on the motor without any boost and staying below 4k rpm, then I will take it back for a full tune on pump gas. We might do a full dyno break in and race tune same day depending on how the motor sounds on first start up!

Got my S15 front bumper and head lights!

Also picked up an AEM wide band and a down pipe from phase 2. Only DP in stock so I got a CS one for now!

I will have some video updates of the Beast's first start up, shortly followed by the long anticipated tune aiming for 500+rwhp on 91 octane pump gas and a boost range of 17.4 ~ 21 psi.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 AM   #147
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What he was saying is that the EGT gauge wont even register 400degrees in the downpipe...

At idle when it should be reading over 700 - your needle wont even move. An EGT gauge only functions before the turbo where exhaust pressures are high. You'll be moving it. I tried putting mine there in summer of 04. I ended up moving it to the #4 runner.

The engine looks fantastic though.

Also - I would talk to the machine shop about the "slow break in" - that doesnt work well with modern engine materials - or with the way most places are honing. With plateau honing you can pretty much heat cycle it one time - do a part throttle pull - and you're good.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #148
widebodyseven
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
widebodyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I saw your car at driftspeed a few days ago while we were dropping off parts for my brother in laws car. The blue s13.5 on the lift on top of your car.

Your car looks so nice in person specifically the engine bay. Good luck with the build
widebodyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #149
dms2
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
dms2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to dms2
wow...super nice setup!
PERFECTLY
cant wait to see video
dms2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #150
srstan
Zilvia Member

srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
looking good...i want to stroke the SR...makes me want to have it done soon..
srstan is offline   Reply With Quote