Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
running a q45 ignitor? help me out

according to the sr20 fsm, the pins on the input side of the ignitor are supposed to have continuity with the ground (5th pin). now all the q45 ignitors i have found (there was 5-6 at my local junkyard), as well as a z32 unit all do not have this continuity, but they pass all the other sr20 tests. can someone with a known working q45 ignitor and a multimeter just check this for me real quick?
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
anyone? after doing a lot of things all at once (swap, rebuild, topmount setup + pfc) i have no spark and i really really dont want it to be my power fc that i got on ebay

Last edited by aNskY; 08-14-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 08-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
grnappletree14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im using a q45 ignitor mine works, i used the pinout from http://srownersclub.com/faq/faq_ignitor.asp
grnappletree14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
it could also be the multimeter you are using. I have a good one and when I try to check continuity on my ignitors they dont show (atleast the continuity function which give your the little beep), but when I check the ohm reading in between the prongs it shows up at around .8 ohms, and i know that this ignitor is good.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
it could also be the multimeter you are using. I have a good one and when I try to check continuity on my ignitors they dont show (atleast the continuity function which give your the little beep), but when I check the ohm reading in between the prongs it shows up at around .8 ohms, and i know that this ignitor is good.

my multimeter's continuity function reads ohms, and they were all ~1 across the board, but from the ground pin on the input side to the other pins on the input side, its like 750. the proper SR20DET ignitor is supposed to have continuity there.... i got to test a known working one from my old car and its open as well. so my ignitor is good for sure.

what else besides ignitor, coils (tested) and a wiring problem (100% confident my wiring is correct) will cause no spark?

im going to test coil output voltage from the pfc as soon as i have a hand to crank it...