Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Anything the Admins can do to help stop a scammer?

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...-sell-guy.html

paid the guy $440 for a long list of parts about 2 and a half months ago... he only shipped ~$150 worth of the parts I bought.

Also he screwed over another member on a brake deal.
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
wow... not even a response

You know a similar thing happened on Nico not too long ago and the admins contacted police with the ip and other info, members local to the scammer provided some help, the community rallied support and the guy got his money back with a couple of days.

I told myself if anyone here managed to help me get my money back I'd use some of it to buy a premiere membership... I guess that's not gonna happen

You know, I'm a staff member over on Xbox-Scene, that site is over 6 times the size of this one, and we handle scammers over issues less than 1/4 the size of this one...

I guess apathy triumphs again...
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
wow... not even a response

You know a similar thing happened on Nico not too long ago and the admins contacted police with the ip and other info, members local to the scammer provided some help, the community rallied support and the guy got his money back with a couple of days.

I told myself if anyone here managed to help me get my money back I'd use some of it to buy a premiere membership... I guess that's not gonna happen

You know, I'm a staff member over on Xbox-Scene, that site is over 6 times the size of this one, and we handle scammers over issues less than 1/4 the size of this one...

I guess apathy triumphs again...
Right, because completely banning that user from the Marketplace is no response at all.
http://zilvia.net/f/members/97katurbosilvia.html
All his threads are closed and he has no PM function.

Sorry we didn't reply to this particular thread, but would you rather have attention paid to you or to blocking the scammer?
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

I'm not trying to be a jerk but check the timestamps.
I wrote that post 2 hours before any visible action was taken.

And I thanked PHLIP as soon as I saw he had taken action.

I do appreciate you banning him from the Marketplace, it will prevent him from using this site to scam anyone else. Though he did apparently sell his 240 so I don't know if he was planning on coming back here anyway
Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To be honest, I didn't even see your initial post. In the future, if you have a problem, it is more expeditious to just send the Mods and Admins a PM. We have quite a bit of forum to watch over here, and we don't always see everything. That is where PMs and "Report Post" button come into play to assist us in seeing the problems we may have missed.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks, I'll do that in the future.