Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Rush 2013

James Hunt vs Niki Lauda. Who's in? I know I am. Discuss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkIFrMY_v0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSSvkFCYDk
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
fuck

what.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Ditto, no brainer for me.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Heytheremr2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Heytheremr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh man! Such a long wait!
Heytheremr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
I will drag the wife to see this
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I was about to make a thread for this lol

Being an F1 fan, I am happy to see a new f1 movie, hopefully stir some interest in it with more americans.

Hunt was a pretty wild guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOJZDObTVIM
Sex, booze and cocaine before races

But if they throw a love story into this movie, doesn't seem too far fetched.

But he died young at 45 due to a heart attack.

Some spoilers for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c19DqS127Ac
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Saw this last week. Absolutely epic. My co-workers that are not "car people" said they wanted to go watch an F1 race after seeing this movie lol. The story is what really got me even though i already knew the whole rivalry and the history behind it. I could watch this movie over and over. Its hard to describe what a good movie this is.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
this looks like a bad ass movie
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Saw this last week. Absolutely epic. My co-workers that are not "car people" said they wanted to go watch an F1 race after seeing this movie lol. The story is what really got me even though i already knew the whole rivalry and the history behind it. I could watch this movie over and over. Its hard to describe what a good movie this is.
How do you know it's a good movie? It hasn't been released yet.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He is in Los Angele's. We quite often get Pre official release test screenings and releases ahead of the rest of the country.

Of course I could be wrong and he is mistaken. Though like I said its LA we get to see things other people don't when it comes to Movie's.

I have been waiting a long time for this film. Being a hardcore F1 Fanatic I can't wait to see it. Oh and remember folks Shanghai practice at 11:00 P.M. pacific time tonite. NBCS blowing Speed right out of the water.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Reminds me of the old Grand Prix movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33w2hPO7t1g&showinfo=0&autohide=1&iv_l oad_policy=3&vq=hd1080
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iugd_oFZ_3M&showinfo=0&autohide=1&iv_l oad_policy=3&vq=hd1080
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
odyvia13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
odyvia13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Finally! :,)
odyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #13
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Because i work for Universal Pictures and get to see the product ahead of time. Luckily this time i got to see the final feature. I would have honestly waited a few months if i knew it was not final lol.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #14
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
He is in Los Angele's. We quite often get Pre official release test screenings and releases ahead of the rest of the country.

Of course I could be wrong and he is mistaken. Though like I said its LA we get to see things other people don't when it comes to Movie's.

I have been waiting a long time for this film. Being a hardcore F1 Fanatic I can't wait to see it. Oh and remember folks Shanghai practice at 11:00 P.M. pacific time tonite. NBCS blowing Speed right out of the water.
This practice was interesting but i think the track is as boring as a rock.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #15
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Rush 2 - The Ayrton Senna Story.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Because i work for Universal Pictures and get to see the product ahead of time. Luckily this time i got to see the final feature. I would have honestly waited a few months if i knew it was not final lol.
Interdasting!

So I assume its a marketing strategy to release the movie so long after it has been finished?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Interdasting!

So I assume its a marketing strategy to release the movie so long after it has been finished?
Not at all. There is a lot that goes into why films release on certain dates even if they are finished ahead of time and all of them finish before the release. Time to watch Fast 6, have to shut off my phone - just felt like rubbing it in. I know i know, sounds like bs.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Unlike Rush, Fast 6 was still not final even though it releases just a month from now. So now you can see how release dates are just that. Anyways Fast 6 was so corny that i cant even describe it. Its definitely a good movie to watch like all the other Fast movies but you must suspend reality and enjoy hahahaha.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^In other words: The usual. I think we all know what we're getting when we buy FnF tickets... lol

But on the topic of Rush, I heard the Chris Hemsworth lost like 50 lbs of muscle he put on to play Thor so that he could fit into legit F1 cars. But the extent of his F1 training only included entering and leaving the pit area... lol

I wonder what pro drivers they got to handle to rest of the duties?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^In other words: The usual. I think we all know what we're getting when we buy FnF tickets... lol

But on the topic of Rush, I heard the Chris Hemsworth lost like 50 lbs of muscle he put on to play Thor so that he could fit into legit F1 cars. But the extent of his F1 training only included entering and leaving the pit area... lol

I wonder what pro drivers they got to handle to rest of the duties?
good question. Couple points about current F1 drivers most are around 5'7" to 5'8" weighing in around 150LB's top and are so fit its crazy. Mark Webber is actually kind of giant height wise in the sport.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, thats about right for current drivers. But both Hemsworth and James Hunt were both 6'3. Hunt weighed around 175 back in the day, but Hemsworth tipped the scales at 235 for Thor. That is quite a feat of physical conditioning for these roles.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Yeah, thats about right for current drivers. But both Hemsworth and James Hunt were both 6'3. Hunt weighed around 175 back in the day, but Hemsworth tipped the scales at 235 for Thor. That is quite a feat of physical conditioning for these roles.
Yeah but back then the legroom was probably ample in those cars. Now with all that carbon fiber around the monocoque its impossible to fit a tall person. I heard that one of the drivers had to get the seat remade to make him fit the 2013 car. Dont recall who that was.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Unlike Rush, Fast 6 was still not final even though it releases just a month from now. So now you can see how release dates are just that. Anyways Fast 6 was so corny that i cant even describe it. Its definitely a good movie to watch like all the other Fast movies but you must suspend reality and enjoy hahahaha.
What did you think of the Jason Statham Cameo??
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #24
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovation View Post
What did you think of the Jason Statham Cameo??
Pretty cool but he doesnt fit that cast, those are like C list actors, he is more of a B list if you know what i mean hahaha. But you know what its Fast and Furious so who cares. Make shit blow up and ill go watch it again lol. There are some cool surprises in F6 too but i dont want to spoil any of the fun.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
good question. Couple points about current F1 drivers most are around 5'7" to 5'8" weighing in around 150LB's top and are so fit its crazy. Mark Webber is actually kind of giant height wise in the sport.
Shit, I shoulda been an F1 driver. Dammit!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Yeah but back then the legroom was probably ample in those cars. Now with all that carbon fiber around the monocoque its impossible to fit a tall person. I heard that one of the drivers had to get the seat remade to make him fit the 2013 car. Dont recall who that was.
Safety regulations that put restrictions on stearing rack placement in relation to driver feet play a huge roll.
As far as I understand all drivers have custom molds made for their cars.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #27
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Safety regulations that put restrictions on stearing rack placement in relation to driver feet play a huge roll.
As far as I understand all drivers have custom molds made for their cars.
Yeah i misspoke, i meant to say - they had to cut the seat back or some crap. Not just make a mold. I know they have a mold made for their ass haha. But i cant wait till next season, turbo cars again. Going to be bring back the sliding when coming out of corners, at least i hope it does.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #28
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Got my Fast 6 shirt today, i'll post up the Rush shirt in August/September when i get it. Unfortunately only employees get them and may be a few vendor etc, so no i don't have any extras but would gladly hand some out if i did.